• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed while at the polling place today - anyone else?

independence

I'm lucky that my town's polling place here in TN is not a gun free zone, so I was able to OC while voting. I had no issues. Anyone else?

F350

You mean the "shredder" lol

Really, I don't see how anyone would want to vote by mail....unless overseas and unable to go to a polling place.

Well; I don't like the idea of voting via US Mail but I have little choice; I did hand deliver my ballot to the county clerk's office the first day ballots were accepted. Said office is in the county annex and I OCed, had a nice chat with the clerk's office employee manning the drop box.

cjohnson44546

I would have carried, but i didn't want to get arrested. My local polling place is a YMCA, and they have special legal signs up about "no guns in polling place" ... why? probably some idiot volunteer poll workers that think the magic signs protect them from guns.

Tucker6900

I would have carried, but i didn't want to get arrested. My local polling place is a YMCA, and they have special legal signs up about "no guns in polling place" ... why? probably some idiot volunteer poll workers that think the magic signs protect them from guns.

Mine is as well. But, after a few phone calls to the county supervisor, the sign was removed as it was found to be in violation of my right to vote. What I have been told is when a polling location is held on private property, it is illegal for them to tell you not to carry a firearm. A polling location must be made available to the public, all public.

And yes, I opened carried my Smith and Wesson M&P 45 in a drop leg with a level 3 blackhawk retention holster, and another gun that I am not allowed to mention at a site that claims to support our right to bear arms. :)

Last edited:

Arin Morris

Not in Oklahoma...

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of
the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following
places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal
governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

March Hare

Nope, illegal in Arizona.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03102.htm

13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

<snip>

11. Unless specifically authorized by law, entering an election polling place on the day of any election carrying a deadly weapon; or
12. Possessing a deadly weapon on school grounds; or

</snip>

Both of those apply since the polling place was a school.

-MH

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm lucky that my town's polling place here in TN is not a gun free zone, so I was able to OC while voting. I had no issues. Anyone else?

In years past, the libtards got around Colorado's Constitution by using schools. This year, I don't know if they even had voting booths, as all registered voters were sent mail-in ballots. They must have still had some voting locations set up, though, as the current law states you can register and vote on the same day.

I did carry when I dropped off my ballot, however. Wasn't going to trust my vote to the mail.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
I always open carry at my polling place (a church) in Indiana. Never had any issues.

Wstar425

No problems in Wisconsin, voted at the town hall/fire department. To be honest, all the old people running the place, I'm not sure anyone even noticed. Sig 226 in a pancake holster, seems hard to miss to me. Nobody said a word, except some other voter who said he was carrying concealed.

I seem to get that a lot. I'm OC and a bunch of CC people tell me they are CC. If you are CC, which I have no problem with, isn't the idea that nobody knows about it? So, to go tell somebody that you are CC seems to kind of defeat the purpose. I usually just say good for you, and hope they go away. Happy with results.

decklin

No problems in Wisconsin, voted at the town hall/fire department. To be honest, all the old people running the place, I'm not sure anyone even noticed. Sig 226 in a pancake holster, seems hard to miss to me. Nobody said a word, except some other voter who said he was carrying concealed.

I seem to get that a lot. I'm OC and a bunch of CC people tell me they are CC. If you are CC, which I have no problem with, isn't the idea that nobody knows about it? So, to go tell somebody that you are CC seems to kind of defeat the purpose. I usually just say good for you, and hope they go away. Happy with results.

Same here. It's crazy how many times somebody has gone, "hey! I'm carrying too!" And flashes their gun.

since9

Campaign Veteran
As Illinois doesn't allow OC (YET), the best I could do was wear my black & gold NRA ballcap, covered with "tie-tac" pins and my "IllinoisCarry.com" shirt. This shirt is one of several that I have had imprinted on the back with "Gun Free Zones Are KILLING ZONES".

After reading a news story about a man being forced to remove his NRA cap as it was considered "electioneering" (they said the NRA is too closely aligned with the GOP!), I wanted to see what reaction I got.

I was disappointed. Nobody said anything! :(

Add the following graphic to your t-shirt and see if you get a different reaction:

View attachment 11330