Thread: Post your memories of Jeff Cooper.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Post your memories of Jeff Cooper.

On 22 April 2000 GrassRoots South Carolina (later GrassRoots Gun Rights South Carolina) hosted Col. Cooper and his wife and daughter at a celebration of his Eightieth Birthday

The newsletter announcing the event.

I attended with my ailing (ex)FiL on my arm. I won none of the raffles but did enjoy an extended conversation circle with Col. Cooper and attended the dinner. I donated the TV console (remember the behemoths?) that stood-in for the media, tried in absentia and sentenced to death by gunfire - from the GE minigun.

Apropos his precepts of gun safety, vastly discussed here, I remember hearing slightly different statements of them, different from those on-line dated 2003. His statements were made in the conversation circle of perhaps a dozen elderly peer gentlemen, that included my FiL for whom I related the conversations that he couldn't hear.

I remember Col. Cooper as being a particularly well spoken gentleman and not speaking in the terms so often quoted as from him.

At the time of the newsletter I lived in Mt. Pleasant mentioned on page 8.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Sounds like a wonderful event, Nightmare. Would have been nice to meet him.

In 1989, I ran across Chuck Yeager towards the back of a hardware store along Route 50 in California. My friend and I had just entered Nav School at Mather AFB, just outside Sacramento. All we had on us was our recall rosters. He gladly autographed those. Still have it, somewhere.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.