• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I will not comply!!!

mtlhdtodd

:mad: Well 594 passed but I will NOT comply. I have a CWP and have maintained it for 20+ years that is all I am willing to submit to.

What say you?

77zach

I'm assuming there is to be a registry? Otherwise the law is utterly unenforceable. Honestly I don't see any difference between registration and a a ban. Same thing to me. I would not comply. This will be exported nationwide because Amerikans are morons. I will not comply when it's Florida's turn to register.

Rusty Young Man

:mad: Well 594 passed but I will NOT comply. I have a CWP and have maintained it for 20+ years that is all I am willing to submit to.

What say you?

What was that other state that saw lack of compliance with draconian gun laws and then was in the tough situation of making thousands of citizens into criminals?

If enough people do not comply, the law will be exposed for what it is: unenforceable (which we already know), and/or a Segway into mass confiscation.

Jeff. State

Banned

What say you?

What say me?

You have had a CWP for 20 years and will maintain it???????????

I say you are already in full compliance,
why stop with such a silly thing as transfers.

acmariner99

The new law requires all transfers to be documented and sent to the DOL, so - according to them - it isn't firearms registration it's only a record of transfer. So they find a gun in someone's possession that they can prove was received after I-594 takes affect without a matching record of the transfer at the DOL and they have you.

Interesting point - what does that mean for the firearms I purchased when I was a resident of another state or those that were transferred in state pre-594. Letter of the law says that without a proper "transfer record" (registration) that these are illegally possessed firearms. Not that they can prove a private transfer was pre or post 594 anyway.

Primus

Has anyone seen any indication that this is how the legislation is meant to be enforced? I mean the whole "at a gun class if you pass a gun around its illegal" thing. Or the your buddy at the range hands you a gun thing.

Was there any inclination from anyone that was the intent?

acmariner99

Has anyone seen any indication that this is how the legislation is meant to be enforced? I mean the whole "at a gun class if you pass a gun around its illegal" thing. Or the your buddy at the range hands you a gun thing.

Was there any inclination from anyone that was the intent?

Intent is only resolved through judicial interpretation. At this point, there is nothing to stop a cop with a beef towards gun owners for arresting somebody for an improper transfer. What will happen if we have to surrender our firearms during a traffic stop? Time will tell how this will be enforced. Not that it is capable of being enforced. The 'intent' on the pro-594 side was to ensure that any time a gun is sold or otherwise given to another person, the parties involved have to go to a dealer to conduct the transfer and a "public safety check" must be performed. However, that is not how I read the definition of transfer, what is an "intended delivery?"

The language of the exceptions included seem to also convey the point that a transfer occurs any time the gun changes possession. An exception for an immediate family member (not the in-laws or step parents though) the instant self-defense is required? C'mon that is awfully specific. That means the person can't take the gun any other time.

Intent is irrelevant - what matters is how it will be enforced. There are lots of "gotchas" in the language of 594. What if I use a firearm for self-defense that I bought as a resident of another state? There is no proper transfer paperwork - (registration). What if my girlfriend needs to use a firearm for self-defense and I'm not around (not an immediate family member).

Last edited:

jsanchez

you all need to go take your anxiety medicine

so when does this thing take effect

I know there's two gun shows Monroe this weekend and then 1 in 3 weeks in puyallup you can still buy your guns

buy all the private sale guns you want between now and January when it goes into effect if that's when it goes into effect

chill out don't give youself heart attack.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
you all need to go take your anxiety medicine

so when does this thing take effect

I know there's two gun shows Monroe this weekend and then 1 in 3 weeks in puyallup you can still buy your guns

buy all the private sale guns you want between now and January when it goes into effect if that's when it goes into effect

chill out don't give youself heart attack.

30 days: December 4th. The WAC shows you are talking about require a membership to buy a gun. Membership includes a.........BGC!

The Truth

Wow this is crazy. It wasn't even close, right? The NO to 594 campaign was pretty weak, eh? In my opinion the way it was worded on the ballot was weak for the NO voters too.

mtlhdtodd

I believe there is a "Will Not Comply" rally at the capitol on Dec 15: https://www.facebook.com/events/788109621237033/

I am already getting a shooting day together with folks. Time to show the morons that passed this thing what it is; 594 is shameful.

I will be there for this one. I have been complacent in the past about these type of events but no more.

Oh and according to the facebook page the event is on the 13th not the 15th.

mtlhdtodd

1. You have already complied by maintaining a CPL (it's a CPL in Washington, not a CWP).
2. If you are going to do a transfer in violation of I-594 you are going to need a partner who is also willing to violate I-594.

Or do you consider just not transferring firearms as non-compliance?

True but the CPL is a necessary evil for when I need to conceal. I would love to have constitutional carry but that's just not going to happen unless there is a sea change in western Wa., and King Co. especially, political realities.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You can bet the WAC private sellers will jack up the prices between now and Dec 4th, I already noticed some higher prices ON ARMSLIST.

I noticed high prices on armslist well before yesterday...

Start making your own guns boys.... law only pertains to transfers and sales, right? From my reading of it.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

What say you?

I say you'll probably penalized for stating you're going to rebel against the law as too many people like to protect their own backs

davidmcbeth

Banned
In my state, I did a records request when they passed the law in CT about registration of weapons...the various agencies replied back that it created a safety risk to disclose ...

Recommend that you do the same .. then reply to their registration scheme that you cannot, as it would create a safety risk...that's what I did.

They did not come and get me yet (or try to).