Thread: Veterans Day approaches. Here's a good video. I Fought For You, from The Sound Tank

Veterans Day approaches. Here's a good video. I Fought For You, from The Sound Tank

http://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo...hl=en_US&rel=0

It was noticed to me by a senior co-worker that missed the accident at SL-1 for the sniffles and retired a CWO helicopter pilot. Now he keeps me appraised of the war in Israel.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-06-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo...hl=en_US&rel=0

It was noticed to me by a senior co-worker that missed the accident at SL-1 for the sniffles and retired a CWO helicopter pilot. Now he keeps me appraised of the war in Israel.
    Yep! This is one of my faves. Seems like it's the grandfathers that have the most need to teach the grandkids, since many of them were in WWII, Korea and Nam. Now, though, we have new generations of fathers who were in the Gulf and Afghanistan who can pass on to their kids the same lessons.

What we all have in common -- we who served -- are all part of that "Band of Brothers," no matter when or where we served, and is is incumbent on us to pass on that message and to render the honor of a salute to those serving...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Banned
    When I got out of the service, like most others of my time, they just said "there's the door..don't let it hit your bum on the way out"...

I knew many WWII vets ... most of them did not like people complaining about little things... sad that most of them are gone....but of course, many were democrats too ....

Brings a tear to your eyes, as it should
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Banned
    Wow! Absolutely shocked at the irony.

I watched this on youtube and it was preceded by a Northrup Grumman ad. So VERY appropriate. Do they think we are ALL blind?

"I fought for the Military Industrial Complex".

Looking into the production of this I find "The Sound Tank" and "Sermon Spice", supposedly Christian entities pushing the religion of Statism and WAR on it's "congregations".

IMO, a better message would have been for all those "Vets" to look at those children and say "I will NEVER send you off to the hell I had to endure for hidden interests".

ETA: lol, I just went to show my wife the video and it was a Lockheed Martin ad before it, this time. UNREAL!
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 11-08-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Wow! Absolutely shocked at the irony.

I watched this on youtube and it was preceded by a Northrup Grumman ad. So VERY appropriate. Do they think we are ALL blind?

"I fought for the Military Industrial Complex".

Looking into the production of this I find "The Sound Tank" and "Sermon Spice", supposedly Christian entities pushing the religion of Statism and WAR on it's "congregations".

IMO, a better message would have been for all those "Vets" to look at those children and say "I will NEVER send you off to the hell I had to endure for hidden interests".

ETA: lol, I just went to show my wife the video and it was a Lockheed Martin ad before it, this time. UNREAL!
    Inspirational words Jeff .... as always.

The presence of unwanted ads suggests someone is a M$/G00gle client. I see no ads.

Oh, it's that time of year again, when we inspire yet more hero worship, and celebrate the end of a world war that the United States had no business whatsoever, being apart of.

Despite the message that video attempts to convey, no one fought for me, or you, or anyone else. Veterans fought, and died, to ensure the safety, and carry out the whims, of a Federal government who rules not by the consent of the governed, but by the confirmation of idiots, fools, and criminals who make their way to voting booths every couple years, like sheep being led to the slaughter.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    SNIP...Veterans fought, and died, to ensure the safety, and carry out the whims, of a Federal government who rules not by the consent of the governed, but by the confirmation of idiots, fools, and criminals who make their way to voting booths every couple years, like sheep being led to the slaughter.
    Well said.
    I've nothing to add other than the reminder that the pledge mentions TWO types of enemies; only one is socially acceptable to address, it seems.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Some people just love to live in denial. The best that can be said about any living vets today is that they thought they fought for our freedom. Of course, they did no such thing as even a cursory look at the facts will show. War is the health of the state and its parasites and a racket.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

This thread is quite parallel with the IQ threads. If one has an IQ or veteran status then they're all for it, not so much otherwise. Indeed, maybe even athiests in foxholes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    This thread is quite parallel with the IQ threads. If one has an IQ or veteran status then they're all for it, not so much otherwise. Indeed, maybe even athiests in foxholes.
    I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Well said.
    I've nothing to add other than the reminder that the pledge mentions TWO types of enemies; only one is socially acceptable to address, it seems.
    Yes, I often wonder why no Veterans have upheld their oath and gone to war against the DOMESTIC enemies of the Constitution that have done FAR MORE damage to it and the Nations citizens than any foreign enemy ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    I have both.

Yes, I often wonder why no Veterans have upheld their oath and gone to war against the DOMESTIC enemies of the Constitution that have done FAR MORE damage to it and the Nations citizens than any foreign enemy ever has.
    Probably the same reason you haven't . With your IQ and veteran status.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Some people just love to live in denial. The best that can be said about any living vets today is that they thought they fought for our freedom. Of course, they did no such thing as even a cursory look at the facts will show. War is the health of the state and its parasites and a racket.
    Ha ha! I joined to rape and pillage ! Mission accomplished (figuratively speaking) squeaky squeaky bang bang ...

I was not a good ambassador ....

The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I thought it was a great video that honored the Vets. Like my dad, who joined the Navy & his high school buddies from Galveston's Ball High that joined the Marines and didn't come back from Korea. To hear Reagan's words about the Ponte du Hoc rangers reminds me of my uncle that was an MP under Patton and never told what he saw when they liberated the Nazi 'work camps'. To think of the men (and women) that have served to protect the Freedom of our country, going all the way back to the militia in the 1750s through today, that is an awesome honor to follow in footsteps of our brave countrymen. Glad to be an American and the blessings I enjoy, it would not be so if those had not served.
    Last edited by HPmatt; 11-11-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I thought it was a great video that honored the Vets. Like my dad, who joined the Navy & his high school buddies from Galveston's Ball High that joined the Marines and didn't come back from Korea. To hear Reagan's words about the Ponte du Hoc rangers reminds me of my uncle that was an MP under Patton and never told what he saw when they liberated the Nazi 'work camps'. To think of the men (and women) that have served to protect the Freedom of our country, going all the way back to the militia in the 1750s through today, that is an awesome honor to follow in footsteps of our brave countrymen. Glad to be an American and the blessings I enjoy, it would not be so if those had not served.
    +1 Matt. Thank you for your kind and cogent words .... unlike some of the responders who have opined that servicemen were just "tools" of corporate and global interests.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    +1 Matt. Thank you for your kind and cogent words .... unlike some of the responders who have opined that servicemen were just "tools" of corporate and global interests.
    James,
    I was going to private message you, but I want to put this out there for everyone:

At least a few times on OCDO posts I want to be serious. And this was a time to not beat-around-the-bush about the sacrifice veterans (and their families) have made for this nation, both in giving years of their lives, parts of their bodies, mental wounds of what they have seen and endured, deaths of their buddies, up to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. And the anger I feel for the politicians that treat our armed forces like political objects, while they enjoy the fruit of our bloody freedom.... I guess I could be called 'fortunate' to be born in the late 1950s, never required to register for the draft, got out of high school right after end of Viet Nam war, so I never served. As I get older I certainly am wiser and more thankful of all of those who have, and words hardly can express the gratitude for such selfless sacrifice to fight for and keep the freedom along the ideals our founders created here in the USA.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Oh, it's that time of year again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I've nothing to add .
    Well........aren't you both just precious.

I served for a long time. Govs came and went, some good, some not as good. I served, I did not always agree, but I served because it was, and still is, my duty as a Citizen to participate in the best way I could. I could only cast one ballot, each election, to select my boss, it was up to the rest of the public to follow suit and vote.
    I served so you could make, and believe your argument.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington