Thread: Retired USMC Maj. Fox Sinke gets threats after guarding Canadian war memorial.

Retired USMC Maj. Fox Sinke gets threats after guarding Canadian war memorial.

Sinke is a decorated veteran who did tours in Vietnam and received five Purple Hearts. When Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, a Canadian service member, was shot and killed last month while guarding Canada’s war memorial, Sinke felt obligated to honor the fallen hero.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...n-war-memorial
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Okay. Lots of paragraphs about what a great Marine he is willing to fight, and not one word about an investigation into where the two phone calls came from.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Look for some round building tops.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Banned
    Looks like he's better armed that the last guy....at least he has a sword...

Banned
    More "war on terra" theater.

So tired of this Faux patriotism/nationalism.

Hey Maj. Sinke, how about you go to Washington DC to go after the REAL enemies of this nation and planet in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    More "war on terra" theater.

So tired of this Faux patriotism/nationalism.

Hey Maj. Sinke, how about you go to Washington DC to go after the REAL enemies of this nation and planet in general?
    SNAP!

Jeez, Jeff. You're so disrespectful! How DARE you not honor this hero!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    SNAP!

Jeez, Jeff. You're so disrespectful! How DARE you not honor this hero!
    I no longer support or honor the troops, when they ALL, from the "greatest generation" to OIF/OEF vets, continue to allow the greatest enemy to destroy this nation.

Until Veterans start KILLING domestic enemies by the gross, they deserve no more gratitude than some 29 y/o loser living in his mom's basement since HS graduation.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 11-06-2014 at 10:40 PM.

I was kidding, but I have a lot of respect for my friends that served in Iraq and Afghanistan and were stuck in the middle of the sh*t, and lost some friends. It takes a special kind of human, or a specific human hormone, or maybe some luck to be able to survive some of that stuff. That goes for anyone reading this who knows what I'm talking about. We don't like the politics. That doesn't mean we can't support the military as people who serve a purpose and whose lives mean something.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    That doesn't mean we can't support the military as people who serve a purpose and whose lives mean something.
    Yes, serve a purpose indeed..................

"Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

Henry Kissinger

Yes, serve a purpose indeed..................

"Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

Henry Kissinger
    That's what Kissinger thinks.

μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    That's what Kissinger thinks.
    If you look into what Kissinger belief system is based upon .. he's one messed up person.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I no longer support or honor the troops, when they ALL, from the "greatest generation" to OIF/OEF vets, continue to allow the greatest enemy to destroy this nation.

Until Veterans start KILLING domestic enemies by the gross, they deserve no more gratitude than some 29 y/o loser living in his mom's basement since HS graduation.
    While your intent is not clear, espousing, endorsing, promoting, defending violations of law are not welcome here - a distinct violation of the rules.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

My American Legion Post, and the National HQ, I believe have become a mere service organization raising monies for charities having nothing to do with militarism or veterans or politics. This despite our Preamble;

"For God and Country we associate ourselves together for the following purposes:

"To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America; to maintain law and order; to foster and perpetuate a 100 Percent Americanism; to preserve the memories and incidents of our association in the Great War; to inculcate a sense of individual obligation to the community, state, and nation; to combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses; to make right the master of might; to promote peace and good will on earth; to safeguard and transmit to prosperity the principles of justice, freedom, and democracy; to consecrate and sanctify our comradeship by devotion to mutual helpfulness."

Why is it that the burden always is thrown on somebody else's shoulders?

While your clock may say it's time, I'm pretty sure I did not just miss the news stories about all the undefined domestic enemies you have shot in the past <pick a convenient time interval from one hour to eternity>. Keyboard Kommandos are several steps below Summer Soldiers - who at least showed up.

The good major engaged in some security drama and most folks have fallen for it harder than they have fallen for the TSA. If he wanted to send the message that all the citizens of Canada need to get up off their collective backsides and become vigilant and (the horrors!) do something he would have been better off dressing in bib overalls and carring a pitchfork. If he wanted to let people know he was "special" because he was a veteran he should have mounted his medals on the bib of his overalls. Dressing up in his Marine Corps uniform to mount guard also creates many protocol problems - which are doubled because the major became a Canadian citizen when he moved there.

See ya in the funny papers (if you show up)!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Maj. Fox Sinke, USMC Retired showed up, not hiding pseudonymously behind his keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Maj. Fox Sinke, USMC Retired showed up, not hiding pseudonymously behind his keyboard.
    It's aCanadian War Memorial. Why should I travel several hours to a foreign country to mount guard at their War Memorial? Why would I want to mount guard in the first place? (The major, being a Canadian citizen, does have some skin in the game.)

His status as a retired member of a branch of the United States Armed Forces had exactly what bearing on the matter of the assasination of a member of the Canadian Defense Forces?

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was assasinated Oct. 22nd. Where was the major that afternoon, or on the 23rd? What took him so long to get there? Where was he after the Honour Guard trooped off for the day on that Friday that he did arrive?

The Canadians see fit to mount a guard beginning at 9AM. If they don't see a need to have somebody on guard there at 6:30AM why does the major feel there was a need?

He said his purpose in being there was "to pay tribute to fallen comrade in arms". If he had bothered to reread the chapter on Military Honors and Courtesies in his Platoon Leaders Handbook he would have known that was done by facing the monument, sword drawn in front of him, both hands on the hilt, point between his toes, and head bowed.

I thought a lot about this before deciding to include it - your ad hominim attack loses almost all credibility since you chose not to apend your true name to your pseudonym.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's aCanadian War Memorial. Why should I travel several hours to a foreign country to mount guard at their War Memorial? Why would I want to mount guard in the first place? (The major, being a Canadian citizen, does have some skin in the game.)

<snip>
    Yes he had duel citizenship ... plus isn't Canada like our 51st state? Awww..cute little thing.

Plus , he might be a little-bit out there...

"Marge, I gotta go to Canada to to guard duty" said the Major.
    "Last week you went to Cuba and they turned you away, be more careful this time" yelled the Major's wifey.
    "I can't wait until I have to guard your tomb" whispered the Major.
    "What did you say?" asked the wifey.
    "Nothing dear, nothing" said the Major.

Who stands, literally and figuratively, for nothing will fall for anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Who stands, literally and figuratively, for nothing will fall for anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9sTTnigGgQ

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    LOL A X-dressing cougar? Yeech eeww! Icky.

I was thinking of maybe Alexander Hamilton.