Thread: Has your vote been counted?

Has your vote been counted?

I don't know about other counties, but here in King County you can check to see if your ballot has been counted.

https://info.kingcounty.gov/election...ottracker.aspx

Just checked and neither mine nor my wife's has been counted yet.

I'm going to keep track to ensure that mine hasn't been mysteriously lost. King county has a habit of doing that.

Of course, just because it's been counted, doesn't mean it was counted correctly.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

I want to see people who didn't vote check.

Banned
    Hmmm if you can check then I would think that your ballot and your selections would be able to be tracked by the guberment. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hmmm if you can check then I would think that your ballot and your selections would be able to be tracked by the guberment. Yes?

The ballot is returned in an envelope that has your name and signature on it.

In theory, the check is that they have received your envelope and verified your signature. At this point the ballot is removed from the envelope while in it's 'security' flap and counted.

But since the envelope and the ballot each have a corresponding number that is unique to those two, yes, the guberment can easily track your selections.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    In Snohomish county the website only tells you if your ballot was received. Does the King County website tell you that your ballot was actually counted, or just received? Big difference in those two.

No indication my ballot (nor anyone else') was actually counted.

Looks like the signature verification is the last step that is actually reported. King county could easily lose it after that point and I wouldn't know.

Banned
    In Snohomish county the website only tells you if your ballot was received. Does the King County website tell you that your ballot was actually counted, or just received? Big difference in those two.

No indication my ballot (nor anyone else') was actually counted.
    You want it received and counted and be secret ? You ask too much.

Seriously, you guys need to change how your system works ... ripe for super-fraud.

Chicago would love this system.

I was merely refuting the statement, "here in King County you can check to see if your ballot has been counted." We can't check if it has been counted, only that it has been received.

And I stand corrected.

And I'm wondering if there's a way to check the Chicago voting thing to see if my mother voted there. She hasn't lived there in over 65 years, but with Chicago's voting record, somebody may still be voting in her name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    And I stand corrected.

And I'm wondering if there's a way to check the Chicago voting thing to see if my mother voted there. She hasn't lived there in over 65 years, but with Chicago's voting record, somebody may still be voting in her name.
    Sure is .. they cross off her name at the precinct polling place ... if she (or someone who said that it was her) voted (and her name would be on it if she was still registered).

They haven't counted mine or my wife's either.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    They haven't counted mine or my wife's either.
    Try again next time !