• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has your vote been counted?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I don't know about other counties, but here in King County you can check to see if your ballot has been counted.

https://info.kingcounty.gov/elections/ballottracker.aspx

Just checked and neither mine nor my wife's has been counted yet.

I'm going to keep track to ensure that mine hasn't been mysteriously lost. King county has a habit of doing that.

Of course, just because it's been counted, doesn't mean it was counted correctly.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hmmm if you can check then I would think that your ballot and your selections would be able to be tracked by the guberment. Yes?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Hmmm if you can check then I would think that your ballot and your selections would be able to be tracked by the guberment. Yes?

The ballot is returned in an envelope that has your name and signature on it.

In theory, the check is that they have received your envelope and verified your signature. At this point the ballot is removed from the envelope while in it's 'security' flap and counted.

But since the envelope and the ballot each have a corresponding number that is unique to those two, yes, the guberment can easily track your selections.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
In Snohomish county the website only tells you if your ballot was received. Does the King County website tell you that your ballot was actually counted, or just received? Big difference in those two.

No indication my ballot (nor anyone else') was actually counted.

Looks like the signature verification is the last step that is actually reported. King county could easily lose it after that point and I wouldn't know.

davidmcbeth

Banned
In Snohomish county the website only tells you if your ballot was received. Does the King County website tell you that your ballot was actually counted, or just received? Big difference in those two.

No indication my ballot (nor anyone else') was actually counted.

You want it received and counted and be secret ? You ask too much.

Seriously, you guys need to change how your system works ... ripe for super-fraud.

Chicago would love this system.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I was merely refuting the statement, "here in King County you can check to see if your ballot has been counted." We can't check if it has been counted, only that it has been received.

And I stand corrected.

And I'm wondering if there's a way to check the Chicago voting thing to see if my mother voted there. She hasn't lived there in over 65 years, but with Chicago's voting record, somebody may still be voting in her name.:)

davidmcbeth

Banned
And I stand corrected.

And I'm wondering if there's a way to check the Chicago voting thing to see if my mother voted there. She hasn't lived there in over 65 years, but with Chicago's voting record, somebody may still be voting in her name.:)

Sure is .. they cross off her name at the precinct polling place ... if she (or someone who said that it was her) voted (and her name would be on it if she was still registered).