Thread: If You Really Think It Matters Which Party Controls the Senate, Answer These Question

If You Really Think It Matters Which Party Controls the Senate, Answer These Question

If you really think it matters which political party controls the U.S. Senate, please answer these questions.

1. Will U.S. foreign policy in the Mideast change from being an incoherent pastiche of endless war and Imperial meddling?

2. Will basic civil liberties be returned to the citizenry?

[ More ...]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...hese-questions
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Uh, you asking whether the two party Big Gov will loosen it's vice grip on The People's nuts just because the Harvey Two-Face Federal gov turns slightly to the right? no.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

As I always say, they are one in the same. "Big Government Party," AKA "The Globalist Party."
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Get ready for Boots-on-the-ground ! Yee-haw !

Where's that recruiter's office at?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Different sides of the same counterfeit coin.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Yes there are some differences. Not enough perhaps, but in the current situation think we may expect some opposition to POTUS running rough shod over us + some of the more virulent antis in the Senate will lose their leadership positions.

Both are potentially good things. We shall see how it works out.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Different sides of the same counterfeit coin.
    Exactly, we might go of the cliff at 95mph instead of 100mph, but we are still going off the cliff.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

nothing is more accurate...........

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    Exactly, we might go of the cliff at 95mph instead of 100mph, but we are still going off the cliff.
    it will take a complete overhaul of the system to save things, and nobody has the stomach for that. All the Rich guys in Congress still have too much to loose. They are the main reason things are like they are. They are only there to help maintain the status quo, for they have too much to loose if it changes. Each party has a slightly different track to what they will allow the commoners to do or not do, but overall, they are primarily interested in maintaining their wealth, position and power. The only way to do that is to take actions which avoid outright rebellion by the general population. It's the price we pay for the system we live under. Without welfare, food stamps, etc, you'd be spending a lot more money on bullets than you have to now. Hungry people with nothing to loose are not going to stop at a locked door. You would have to defend your food supplies from being taken by looters. Keep the food stamps flowing and it keeps them out of your house. Nobody's come up with a way to stop that process, so far.
    Last edited by RK3369; 11-07-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Yes there are some differences. Not enough ..... We shall see how it works out. <snip>
    See how it works out? See how it works out ??? See how it works out !!!

You know how it works out...and how it will work out.

Now, we gotta leave the GOP and DEMS to a new party(ies).

Two party system stinks...and all folks do is say that one throws his vote away voting for a third party. I say, that those voting for the GOP or DEMS have thrown their vote away...as there is not enough differences between them to matter.

America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution. Angelo Codevilla

The only serious opposition to this arrogant Ruling Party is coming not from feckless Republicans but from what might be called the Country Party -- and its vision is revolutionary. Our special Summer Issue cover story.

By Angelo M. Codevilla – From the July 2010 - August 2010 issue

http://spectator.org/articles/39326/...ils-revolution
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Based on all this overwhelming optimism, let me point out that both parties still believe they are more equal than us commoners.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    it will take a complete overhaul of the system to save things, .
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Let the libertarian party gain control of the government. A single violation of the non-aggression principle would bring a catastrophic reckoning. We are few but we burn with an intensity.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Let the libertarian party gain control of the government. A single violation of the non-aggression principle would bring a catastrophic reckoning. We are few but we burn with an intensity.
    +1
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If you really think it matters which political party controls the U.S. Senate, please answer these questions.

1. Will U.S. foreign policy in the Mideast change from being an incoherent pastiche of endless war and Imperial meddling?
    Somewhat. At the very least, foreign confidence in our government has eroded significantly under Obama. It was much higher with Republicans in control. Even though Obama remains at the helm, knowing Obama no longer has control of the Senate, and faces serious roadblocks to his un-Constitutional threats of unilateral action will tend to sooth some rattled nerves.

2. Will basic civil liberties be returned to the citizenry?
    Not much, if any. A more appropriate question would be, "Will the erosion of civil liberties continue, slow, or stop?"

[ More ...]
    Alas, the author is little more than a die-hard cynic who appears to have little understanding of how a changing of the guard can influence the opinions, decisions, and actions of others around the world without any branch of the U.S. government having to actually do anything differently.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.