Thread: TN Home Invasion in Broad Daylight

TN Home Invasion in Broad Daylight

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defens...road-daylight/
    According to WKRN
    The homeowner reported to police he was watching TV in his living room while his wife was asleep on the couch when the gunman entered through an unlocked screen door.

The gunman, whose face was masked by a bandana, demanded money and other belongings.

Metro police said the homeowner complied, but the gunman demanded more. The homeowner said as the gunman was “dealing with the wife,” he left the room and retrieved a .45 caliber pistol.
    Good guy ok, bad guy dead
    Last edited by willy1094; 11-07-2014 at 01:12 PM.

How very fitting that the 45th documented case of a good guy with a gun in Tennessee was with a .45. :-)

My wife used to say i was crazy for keeping my gun on me 24/7 even while watching football or doing chores. A few years back, three thugs kicked in the front door to a neighbor's house at 10:30am on a friday morning and did a snatch and run robbery. Can you imagine if you were at home sick, or taking a personal day?

Good for the homeowner, taxpayers and future would be victims.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    My wife used to say i was crazy for keeping my gun on me 24/7 even while watching football or doing chores. A few years back, three thugs kicked in the front door to a neighbor's house at 10:30am on a friday morning and did a snatch and run robbery. Can you imagine if you were at home sick, or taking a personal day?
    Most robberies and snatch and runs in broad daylight ... they knock on the front door, no answer ~ in they go for 2 min and then back out.

Should hide your PCs etc if possible when you are out of the house.

The intruder, later identified as Jonathan Corke, 26, was hit several times in the arm and hip. He fled to the front yard where he collapsed.
    Corke died shortly after being transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
    A car believed to belong to Corke was found near the home on Longbranch.
    Metro police said at the time of his untimely death, Corke was under indictment on home burglary and theft charges.

I guess he was indicted but out on bail. Thank goodness the Justice system protects us from bad guys....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

TN Home Invasion in Broad Daylight

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

-snip-

Metro police said at the time of his untimely death, Corke was under indictment on home burglary and theft charges.

I guess he was indicted but out on bail. Thank goodness the Justice system protects us from bad guys....
    "Untimely", sounds very timely to me!

I think this story, though it turned out positive for the homeowner, can serve as an example for carrying on your person even when home. Having to leave your family member in the presence of the BG to go get your firearm and come back just sounds like a tragic result waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Super6O; 11-17-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Banned
    A story on the previous capture .... http://www.wkrn.com/story/25061192/t...ome-burglaries

with pics !

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I carry all day every day. Sometimes it's more convenient to put it up on a high surface when I'm with my 22 month old. I hate doing that, but I also have other items in different rooms

I highly suggest, if possible, BUGs everywhere.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.