Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9":30 AM 11/8 = Clippers Cafe Courthouse N @ 360

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9":30 AM 11/8 = Clippers Cafe Courthouse N @ 360

    Tomorrow will be a grand example of planns gang aft agley.

    We're hold forth at Clippers Cafe.

    3511 Courthouse Rd
    Richmond, VA 23236

    There are two possible entrances, and both require you to know what you are doing.

    From Hull Street Road - West take the entrance for the motel and work yourself back towards Town Police Supply; once you have them in sight work your way left to Clippers.

    If you miss the motel entrance off 360-W go to the stoplight and take a right; stay in the right lane and enter the shopping center. Clippers is the 2nd or 3rd door.

    From 360-E turn left onto Courthouse northbound and enter the shopping center.

    From Courthouse Road - if you are coming North across 360. take the right into the shopping center sfter crossing the intersection. If you are coming South on Courthouse Road DO NOT make a U-Turn and try to get into the shoppimg center (unless you would like to meet Chesterfield PD). Go through the intersection and either go into the Big Lots parking lot on the right and come out turning left onto Northbound Courthouse and cross the intersection, or turn left into the Harley store lot, pull a U-Turn and go northbound on Courthouse across the intersection.

    Seriously, this is not rocket surgery.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Tomorrow will be a grand example of planns gang aft agley.

    We're hold forth at Clippers Cafe.

    3511 Courthouse Rd
    Richmond, VA 23236

    There are two possible entrances, and both require you to know what you are doing.

    From Hull Street Road - West take the entrance for the motel and work yourself back towards Town Police Supply; once you have them in sight work your way left to Clippers.

    If you miss the motel entrance off 360-W go to the stoplight and take a right; stay in the right lane and enter the shopping center. Clippers is the 2nd or 3rd door.

    From 360-E turn left onto Courthouse northbound and enter the shopping center.

    From Courthouse Road - if you are coming North across 360. take the right into the shopping center sfter crossing the intersection. If you are coming South on Courthouse Road DO NOT make a U-Turn and try to get into the shoppimg center (unless you would like to meet Chesterfield PD). Go through the intersection and either go into the Big Lots parking lot on the right and come out turning left onto Northbound Courthouse and cross the intersection, or turn left into the Harley store lot, pull a U-Turn and go northbound on Courthouse across the intersection.

    Seriously, this is not rocket surgery.

    stay safe.
    nor brain science either ...

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Clippers - their corn beef hash ain't hash....it's the real thing, shredded corn beef by the plateful + warm, inviting environment, very friendly owners

    Will be there with my appetite in tow.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Sadly, this is a busy weekend for me. Working day shift both saturday and sunday.

    Enjoy. ;>)

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Sadly, this is a busy weekend for me. Working day shift both saturday and sunday.

    Enjoy. ;>)
    Guess who we will talk about.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Guess who we will talk about.
    I have a story about someone else that just might keep the heat off Tazdad. <giggling like a schoolgirl, squirming in anticipation of telling it>

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I have a story about someone else that just might keep the heat off Tazdad. <giggling like a schoolgirl, squirming in anticipation of telling it>

    stay safe.
    Hope it is not in multiple parts like the old Saturday movie serials - sometimes had to go several weeks to find out who killed Cock Robin.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    A stones throw away from home. I'll be there. Might just bring my new $450 toy....... If Logan will be there I'm sure he will freak.
    In our quest for knowledge we must be prepared for and armed against misinformation.

  9. #9
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    what've you been wasting your money on this time Tanner?
    Last edited by scouser; 11-08-2014 at 06:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I have a story about someone else that just might keep the heat off Tazdad. <giggling like a schoolgirl, squirming in anticipation of telling it>

    stay safe.
    what has mr nap done this time ?

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    A stones throw away from home. I'll be there. Might just bring my new $450 toy....... If Logan will be there I'm sure he will freak.
    A lifetime pass to the zoo and a new Noha's Ark train ride with the animals?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    what has mr nap done this time ?
    Skid absolutely, positively refuses to give any pre dissertation information. He is going to make us sweat and suffer in anticipation for the next several hours.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Skid absolutely, positively refuses to give any pre dissertation information. He is going to make us sweat and suffer in anticipation for the next several hours.
    given skid's propensity for story telling, will we have enough time to eat breakfast, hear the story and get out of the parking lot before sunset?

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    given skid's propensity for story telling, will we have enough time to eat breakfast, hear the story and get out of the parking lot before sunset?
    Maybe you can talk him into putting it on a disk so that we can get it "to go." Surely then by next Saturday we'll know "the rest of the story." Otherwise we are going to have to pay rent on our table.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    I've timed it. Well under 3 minutes. If internet access is available additional time may be needed for those wishing to view the evidence (such as it is).

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I've timed it. Well under 3 minutes. If internet access is available additional time may be needed for those wishing to view the evidence (such as it is).

    stay safe.
    Ok - We're resigned to our fate.......so long as it isn't a blanket party.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    now I'm not going to say skid's story was a long one, but it's a 20 minute drive from Clippers to my house and Logan & I got home at 2.30pm ....
    Last edited by scouser; 11-08-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: ok, we went to the zoo instead of going straight home

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    now I'm not going to say skid's story was a long one, but it's a 20 minute drive from Clippers to my house and Logan & I got home at 2.30pm ....
    And if you had not started laughing uncontrollably you could have made it in 20 minutes. (And I'm not suggesting in any way that you were laughing about Grapeshot's big discovery.)

    Seriously, have you ever seen someone who needed to stop halfway out of their parking space because they were laughing so hard?

    For everybody who was not there - my attorney has advised me that discussing the details publically (on the internet especially) would at this time be highly inadvisable. If you missed breakfast today you will have another chance to become "in the know" at dinner on the 11th.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  19. #19
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Good breakfast and veeeery interestik revelation Skid.

    Had a tough day on my end. After losing then finding my dental bridge, I went home only to find I was locked out! The dead bolt would unlock, but the lever handle lock would not. Guess I've done a fair job of hardening up the homestead, because it took me over 2 1/2 hours to break in....of course I was doing it so as not to break anything into non-reusable pieces.

    Learned something - don't hang a bag on the inside lever mechanism. It will lower the lever slightly, putting it out of phase and the key from the outside will NOT turn to unlock the door.

    All in all, I guess it really was a good day: nice breakfast, great conversation, found my bridge, and learned something I'm not liable to forget.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •