• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9":30 AM 11/8 = Clippers Cafe Courthouse N @ 360

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Tomorrow will be a grand example of planns gang aft agley.

We're hold forth at Clippers Cafe.

3511 Courthouse Rd
Richmond, VA 23236

There are two possible entrances, and both require you to know what you are doing.

From Hull Street Road - West take the entrance for the motel and work yourself back towards Town Police Supply; once you have them in sight work your way left to Clippers.

If you miss the motel entrance off 360-W go to the stoplight and take a right; stay in the right lane and enter the shopping center. Clippers is the 2nd or 3rd door.

From 360-E turn left onto Courthouse northbound and enter the shopping center.

From Courthouse Road - if you are coming North across 360. take the right into the shopping center sfter crossing the intersection. If you are coming South on Courthouse Road DO NOT make a U-Turn and try to get into the shoppimg center (unless you would like to meet Chesterfield PD). Go through the intersection and either go into the Big Lots parking lot on the right and come out turning left onto Northbound Courthouse and cross the intersection, or turn left into the Harley store lot, pull a U-Turn and go northbound on Courthouse across the intersection.

Seriously, this is not rocket surgery.

stay safe.

scouser

Tomorrow will be a grand example of planns gang aft agley.

We're hold forth at Clippers Cafe.

3511 Courthouse Rd
Richmond, VA 23236

There are two possible entrances, and both require you to know what you are doing.

From Hull Street Road - West take the entrance for the motel and work yourself back towards Town Police Supply; once you have them in sight work your way left to Clippers.

If you miss the motel entrance off 360-W go to the stoplight and take a right; stay in the right lane and enter the shopping center. Clippers is the 2nd or 3rd door.

From 360-E turn left onto Courthouse northbound and enter the shopping center.

From Courthouse Road - if you are coming North across 360. take the right into the shopping center sfter crossing the intersection. If you are coming South on Courthouse Road DO NOT make a U-Turn and try to get into the shoppimg center (unless you would like to meet Chesterfield PD). Go through the intersection and either go into the Big Lots parking lot on the right and come out turning left onto Northbound Courthouse and cross the intersection, or turn left into the Harley store lot, pull a U-Turn and go northbound on Courthouse across the intersection.

Seriously, this is not rocket surgery.

stay safe.

nor brain science either ...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Clippers - their corn beef hash ain't hash....it's the real thing, shredded corn beef by the plateful + warm, inviting environment, very friendly owners :)

Will be there with my appetite in tow.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have a story about someone else that just might keep the heat off Tazdad. <giggling like a schoolgirl, squirming in anticipation of telling it>

stay safe.
Hope it is not in multiple parts like the old Saturday movie serials - sometimes had to go several weeks to find out who killed Cock Robin.

scouser

what've you been wasting your money on this time Tanner? :lol:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A stones throw away from home. I'll be there. Might just bring my new $450 toy....... If Logan will be there I'm sure he will freak.

A lifetime pass to the zoo and a new Noha's Ark train ride with the animals? :lol:

scouser

Skid absolutely, positively refuses to give any pre dissertation information. He is going to make us sweat and suffer in anticipation for the next several hours.

given skid's propensity for story telling, will we have enough time to eat breakfast, hear the story and get out of the parking lot before sunset?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
given skid's propensity for story telling, will we have enough time to eat breakfast, hear the story and get out of the parking lot before sunset?
Maybe you can talk him into putting it on a disk so that we can get it "to go." Surely then by next Saturday we'll know "the rest of the story." Otherwise we are going to have to pay rent on our table. :p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've timed it. Well under 3 minutes. If internet access is available additional time may be needed for those wishing to view the evidence (such as it is).

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've timed it. Well under 3 minutes. If internet access is available additional time may be needed for those wishing to view the evidence (such as it is).

stay safe.

Ok - We're resigned to our fate.......so long as it isn't a blanket party.

scouser

now I'm not going to say skid's story was a long one, but it's a 20 minute drive from Clippers to my house and Logan & I got home at 2.30pm ....

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
now I'm not going to say skid's story was a long one, but it's a 20 minute drive from Clippers to my house and Logan & I got home at 2.30pm ....

And if you had not started laughing uncontrollably you could have made it in 20 minutes. (And I'm not suggesting in any way that you were laughing about Grapeshot's big discovery.)

Seriously, have you ever seen someone who needed to stop halfway out of their parking space because they were laughing so hard?

For everybody who was not there - my attorney has advised me that discussing the details publically (on the internet especially) would at this time be highly inadvisable. If you missed breakfast today you will have another chance to become "in the know" at dinner on the 11th.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good breakfast and veeeery interestik revelation Skid.

Had a tough day on my end. After losing then finding my dental bridge, I went home only to find I was locked out! The dead bolt would unlock, but the lever handle lock would not. Guess I've done a fair job of hardening up the homestead, because it took me over 2 1/2 hours to break in....of course I was doing it so as not to break anything into non-reusable pieces.

Learned something - don't hang a bag on the inside lever mechanism. It will lower the lever slightly, putting it out of phase and the key from the outside will NOT turn to unlock the door.

All in all, I guess it really was a good day: nice breakfast, great conversation, found my bridge, and learned something I'm not liable to forget. :lol: