Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Just bought a rifle at Wal Mart.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691

    Just bought a rifle at Wal Mart.

    ‘You wanna f*cking resist?’: NY sheriff’s deputy caught slapping man on camera

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/y...mments/#disqus



    New York state sheriff’s deputy was suspended without pay after being caught on video harassing a gun owner and slapping him in the back of the head, Photography Is Not A Crime reported.

    The footage shows Saratoga County Deputy Shawn Glans demanding to search Colin Fitch’s vehicle. The video was posted by Fitch’s friend Adam Roberts following the encounter early Friday morning.

    “We’ll get a f*cking search warrant, alright?” Glans says to Fitch. “Wanna do that? Let me see your f*cking keys.”


    When Fitch asks why Glans wanted the keys, Glans says, “I’m going to search your f*cking car, that’s why.”

    “You can’t do that,” Fitch says in response.

    According to Roberts, Glans wanted to search the car after seeing a rifle in the backseat while Fitch and Roberts were not present. Roberts told Photography Is Not A Crime that he and Fitch had shown their identification to Glans, and Fitch told the deputy that he had purchased the weapon legally.

    “You wanna f*cking resist?” Glans asks Fitch. When Fitch says he is not resisting, a loud slap can be heard before Glans asks again, “You wanna f*cking resist?”

    Fitch then apparently hands his keys to Glans, who tosses them to someone off-camera and says, “Search the f*cking car.” Glans then calls Fitch an “a*shole.”

    “That was intense,” Roberts says.

    “You like that, huh?” Glans asks him. “I can get a lot more intense, believe me.”

    “Slap me around?” Robert asks.

    “Yeah,” Glans says. “I’ll rip your f*cking head off and sh*t down your neck.”

    The search allegedly ended when Fitch showed Glans his receipt for the rifle.

    Chief Richard L. Castle said in a statement that Glans was suspended without pay after officials were alerted to the footage of his encounter with Fitch and Roberts.

    “At this time this is an internal personnel investigation as there is no criminal complaint from the involved civilian,” Castle stated.

    Glans was the subject of a $60 million lawsuit filed against both the county and the town of Wilton after he lost control of his patrol car and crashed into Douglas H. McEachron’s car in March 1996. Glans was driving at more than 60 mph at the time of the collision, three times the local speed limit. McEachron, a father of six, suffered a traumatic brain injury and lost his sight. One of his children was appointed as his legal guardian following the crash.

    The Albany Times-Union reported in 1999 that the city and the county agreed to pay a $6 million settlement to McEachron’s family. Though a jury found Glans to be negligent, he was not required to pay any part of the settlement.

    “If Doug had been in the sheriff’s deputy’s shoes, Doug would have been in prison now,” McEachron’s girlfriend, Melinda Dingley, said at the time.

    Watch the footage of Glans’ encounter with Fitch, as posted online on Friday, below.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XExqABO4kc

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1XExqABO4kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 11-08-2014 at 10:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Could anyone get away with exercising their Rights with this guy?

    How about if this kid had looked him in the eye? He was TOTALLY submissive to the animal and that is all that kept him from a beat down.

    Deadly force would be COMPLETELY justified in defending ones self against a MONSTER like this, because he WILL kill you if you resist him at all costs.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 11-08-2014 at 10:50 AM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    How is he still walking?

  4. #4
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Just bought a rifle at Wal Mart.

    Just another example of "You better F~*#ing follow the law, but I'll break it anytime I want!" Glad he (cop) got time off unpaid, wonder what would happen to a citizen who just walked up to someone in a store parking lot that: hit a person, took their keys and rummaged through their car? Pretty sure they'd be sitting in jail on serious charges...
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 11-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Aren't his actions a felony? So then wouldn't it be up to the the state to press charges and not the victim?

  6. #6
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Aren't his actions a felony? So then wouldn't it be up to the the state to press charges and not the victim?
    Should be, but I've seen too many times, and not just in my state, that it did not work that way.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    ...there is no criminal complaint from the involved civilian,” Castle stated. ...
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-08-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  8. #8
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    Cool - so as long as a person is too afraid to file a complaint, the criminals need not worry about being charged by their state prosecutors (who have video evidence) Makes perfect sense...not!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #9
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Should be, but I've seen too many times, and not just in my state, that it did not work that way.
    That's the point though. There's no criminal complaint because the police didn't bring one.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Wow. Sounds like there is a serious problem not with just that cop but other cops who obviously are aware of his behavior and didn't report or stop.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  11. #11
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    A cop drunk with power/intimidation.

    I hope there is a civil suit against the city......that's ridiculous.
    Then this officer gets fired....and the local mall cops won't hire him. He needs some help.
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 11-10-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern KY
    Posts
    201
    tagged for later reading

  13. #13
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Should have bought some bullets for the rifle. Guess his buddy had a go-pro camera.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

  15. #15
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    A cop drunk with power/intimidation.

    I hope there is a civil suit against the city......that's ridiculous.
    Then this officer gets fired....and the local mall cops won't hire him. He needs some help.
    Hasn't the city paid over 500 million in settlements since like 2007 or something like that? Couldn't imagine there not being a settlement coming out of this. Edit: never mind I think that I'm thinking about NYC
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-10-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    ‘The footage shows Saratoga County Deputy Shawn Glans...
    From Wikipedia: The glans (/ɡlænz/, plural "glandes" /ˈɡlændˌiːz/; from the Latin word for "acorn") is a vascular structure located at the tip of the penis in male mammals or a homologous genital structure of the clitoris in female mammals.

    Keep this in mind the next time you hear about the ongoing activities of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. Yeah, I know, but they only "say" it's defunct. Other groups are carrying out precisely the same activities.

    Yes. I'm saying the Deputy was being a real .... .
    Last edited by since9; 11-11-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  17. #17
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    "It isn't as if any rational person still believes the USA is a free country.

    Think about it. No-warrant wire taps, indefinite detention of citizens without charges, approval of rendition of prisoners and torture, stop and frisk without probable cause, search and seizure without a warrant, no-knock entry, confiscation and destruction of cameras that might have been used to film police acting illegally, police brutality, police shootings that go without investigation, managed news, and the civil-rights destroying "Patriot" Act.

    Acts of police behaving illegally, with shootings, Tasers, and unwarranted violence now appear almost daily. Rarely are these offenses punished. Most often "an investigation" is claimed, but soon forgotten.

    

In addition, the USA, with 5% of the world population, has 25% of all of the prisoners in the world. That means the USA has the most people in prison of any nation in history. Even by percentage of residents incarcerated, not just sheer numbers, USA is # 1



    Does any of that sound like a free country?

    As Dwight D. Eisenhower said about communism, "It's like slicing sausage. First they out off a small slice. That isn't worth fighting over. Then they take another small slice that isn't worth fighting over. Then another and another. Finally, all you have left is the string and that isn't worth fighting over, either."
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    "It isn't as if any rational person still believes the USA is a free country.

    Think about it. No-warrant wire taps, indefinite detention of citizens without charges, approval of rendition of prisoners and torture, stop and frisk without probable cause, search and seizure without a warrant, no-knock entry, confiscation and destruction of cameras that might have been used to film police acting illegally, police brutality, police shootings that go without investigation, managed news, and the civil-rights destroying "Patriot" Act.

    Acts of police behaving illegally, with shootings, Tasers, and unwarranted violence now appear almost daily. Rarely are these offenses punished. Most often "an investigation" is claimed, but soon forgotten.

    

In addition, the USA, with 5% of the world population, has 25% of all of the prisoners in the world. That means the USA has the most people in prison of any nation in history. Even by percentage of residents incarcerated, not just sheer numbers, USA is # 1



    Does any of that sound like a free country?

    As Dwight D. Eisenhower said about communism, "It's like slicing sausage. First they out off a small slice. That isn't worth fighting over. Then they take another small slice that isn't worth fighting over. Then another and another. Finally, all you have left is the string and that isn't worth fighting over, either."
    Your a diluted loser. But the ironic part is your free to be so. But too dumb to even realize your free to be diluted. Or disillusioned. Or discombobulated. Or dysfunctional.

    Throw some Ks in there you'll be good. Your like a snotty Rich Kid who whines and says his parents mistreat him because he only has a beemer and not a Ferrari.

    Oh woe to me. I'm so oppressed. Its terrible. Please save me.

    Women in Iran get stoned. Dudes in Korea get jailed for even SAYING they don't like the government. Men women and children in Iraq are slaughtered for prescribing to the wrong god. Yet you sit in your cozy house bitching because u feel oppressed. Although you own a lifted truck and numerous guns and can biotch online about oppressed you are.

    See the irony yet?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  19. #19
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Your a diluted loser. But the ironic part is your free to be so. But too dumb to even realize your free to be diluted. Or disillusioned. Or discombobulated. Or dysfunctional.

    Throw some Ks in there you'll be good. Your like a snotty Rich Kid who whines and says his parents mistreat him because he only has a beemer and not a Ferrari.

    Oh woe to me. I'm so oppressed. Its terrible. Please save me.

    Women in Iran get stoned. Dudes in Korea get jailed for even SAYING they don't like the government. Men women and children in Iraq are slaughtered for prescribing to the wrong god. Yet you sit in your cozy house bitching because u feel oppressed. Although you own a lifted truck and numerous guns and can biotch online about oppressed you are.

    See the irony yet?
    You're* deluded*

    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    You're* deluded*

    Sorry brother all I got was a broken link. No worky. Delusion too bad to make work.

    I guess my realistic phone isn't comparable with your dumb phone or computer.

    Go figure.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  21. #21
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Your a diluted loser. But the ironic part is your free to be so. But too dumb to even realize your free to be diluted. Or disillusioned. Or discombobulated. Or dysfunctional.

    Throw some Ks in there you'll be good. Your like a snotty Rich Kid who whines and says his parents mistreat him because he only has a beemer and not a Ferrari.

    Oh woe to me. I'm so oppressed. Its terrible. Please save me.

    Women in Iran get stoned. Dudes in Korea get jailed for even SAYING they don't like the government. Men women and children in Iraq are slaughtered for prescribing to the wrong god. Yet you sit in your cozy house bitching because u feel oppressed. Although you own a lifted truck and numerous guns and can biotch online about oppressed you are.

    See the irony yet?
    Sounds just like those taking the rights away. I would have said your too blind to see it but I guess when you're apart of the oppressive force you do see it, and love it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  22. #22
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Sounds just like those taking the rights away. I would have said your too blind to see it but I guess when you're apart of the oppressive force you do see it, and love it.
    No.

    There's a fine line. You can stand up and say "hey wait guys this kind of sucks.... Need to watch or fix it" or you can say "ahhjhh the sky is falling I'm sooooo oppressed. I went and bought my 48th gun today and drove my 10mpg truck and bought my fat slurpy then said then said the government sucked then did WHATEVER I WANTED...... But oh noooo I'm so oppressed...."

    Thank god 99% of the people are smart enough to fall into the first part. The rest will bitch about the silver spoon because it wasn't gold.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  23. #23
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    First of all, I didn't write that comment. Second of all, you are the deluded one, pal. I'm not black, or some other oppressed race, or a victim of police brutality so I have to keep my mouth shut about the reality that this is happening to my fellow humans daily? Sure, I'm a "privileged white male" simply because I own a handful of firearms and a truck that gets horrible gas mileage. Makes sense. I didn't work my a$$ off for everything I've got or anything legitimate like that.

    "I got it all from Mom and Dad" couldn't be further from The Truth. My Mom and Dad were unfortunately never in any position to help me financially - at all. I was even unemployed for a short time. I've never collected a damn cent of welfare or aid or unemployment even though I went through years of desperately needing financial help, and I still managed to save enough money to live my life as it is now. It's called hard work and determination.

    Cease your personal bologna. It's no surprise that's the best retort you could come up with.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    First of all, I didn't write that comment. Second of all, you are the deluded one, pal. I'm not black, or some other oppressed race, or a victim of police brutality so I have to keep my mouth shut about the reality that this is happening to my fellow humans daily? Sure, I'm a "privileged white male" simply because I own a handful of firearms and a truck that gets horrible gas mileage. Makes sense. I didn't work my a$$ off for everything I've got or anything legitimate like that.

    "I got it all from Mom and Dad" couldn't be further from The Truth. My Mom and Dad were unfortunately never in any position to help me financially - at all. I was even unemployed for a short time. I've never collected a damn cent of welfare or aid or unemployment even though I went through years of desperately needing financial help, and I still managed to save enough money to live my life as it is now. It's called hard work and determination.

    Cease your personal bologna. It's no surprise that's the best retort you could come up with.
    But how could you do all that on your own of your so oppressed?..... Nuff said.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  25. #25
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    But how could you do all that on your own of your so oppressed?..... Nuff said.
    It's you're ya friggin' jagaloon. Just stop.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •