• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just bought a rifle at Wal Mart.

Jeff. State

Banned
‘You wanna f*cking resist?’: NY sheriff’s deputy caught slapping man on camera

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/...aught-slapping-man-on-camera/comments/#disqus

New York state sheriff’s deputy was suspended without pay after being caught on video harassing a gun owner and slapping him in the back of the head, Photography Is Not A Crime reported.

The footage shows Saratoga County Deputy Shawn Glans demanding to search Colin Fitch’s vehicle. The video was posted by Fitch’s friend Adam Roberts following the encounter early Friday morning.

“We’ll get a f*cking search warrant, alright?” Glans says to Fitch. “Wanna do that? Let me see your f*cking keys.”

When Fitch asks why Glans wanted the keys, Glans says, “I’m going to search your f*cking car, that’s why.”

“You can’t do that,” Fitch says in response.

According to Roberts, Glans wanted to search the car after seeing a rifle in the backseat while Fitch and Roberts were not present. Roberts told Photography Is Not A Crime that he and Fitch had shown their identification to Glans, and Fitch told the deputy that he had purchased the weapon legally.

“You wanna f*cking resist?” Glans asks Fitch. When Fitch says he is not resisting, a loud slap can be heard before Glans asks again, “You wanna f*cking resist?”

Fitch then apparently hands his keys to Glans, who tosses them to someone off-camera and says, “Search the f*cking car.” Glans then calls Fitch an “a*shole.”

“That was intense,” Roberts says.

“You like that, huh?” Glans asks him. “I can get a lot more intense, believe me.”

“Slap me around?” Robert asks.

“Yeah,” Glans says. “I’ll rip your f*cking head off and sh*t down your neck.”

The search allegedly ended when Fitch showed Glans his receipt for the rifle.

Chief Richard L. Castle said in a statement that Glans was suspended without pay after officials were alerted to the footage of his encounter with Fitch and Roberts.

“At this time this is an internal personnel investigation as there is no criminal complaint from the involved civilian,” Castle stated.

Glans was the subject of a $60 million lawsuit filed against both the county and the town of Wilton after he lost control of his patrol car and crashed into Douglas H. McEachron’s car in March 1996. Glans was driving at more than 60 mph at the time of the collision, three times the local speed limit. McEachron, a father of six, suffered a traumatic brain injury and lost his sight. One of his children was appointed as his legal guardian following the crash.

The Albany Times-Union reported in 1999 that the city and the county agreed to pay a $6 million settlement to McEachron’s family. Though a jury found Glans to be negligent, he was not required to pay any part of the settlement.

“If Doug had been in the sheriff’s deputy’s shoes, Doug would have been in prison now,” McEachron’s girlfriend, Melinda Dingley, said at the time.

Watch the footage of Glans’ encounter with Fitch, as posted online on Friday, below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XExqABO4kc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1XExqABO4kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Could anyone get away with exercising their Rights with this guy?

How about if this kid had looked him in the eye? He was TOTALLY submissive to the animal and that is all that kept him from a beat down.

Deadly force would be COMPLETELY justified in defending ones self against a MONSTER like this, because he WILL kill you if you resist him at all costs.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Just another example of "You better F~*#ing follow the law, but I'll break it anytime I want!" Glad he (cop) got time off unpaid, wonder what would happen to a citizen who just walked up to someone in a store parking lot that: hit a person, took their keys and rummaged through their car? Pretty sure they'd be sitting in jail on serious charges... :(

Last edited:

Jack House

Aren't his actions a felony? So then wouldn't it be up to the the state to press charges and not the victim? :uhoh:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...there is no criminal complaint from the involved civilian,” Castle stated. ...
demotivational-posters-well-theres-your-problem2.jpg

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Cool - so as long as a person is too afraid to file a complaint, the criminals need not worry about being charged by their state prosecutors (who have video evidence) Makes perfect sense...not! :(

Redbaron007

A cop drunk with power/intimidation.

I hope there is a civil suit against the city......that's ridiculous.
Then this officer gets fired....and the local mall cops won't hire him. He needs some help.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Should have bought some bullets for the rifle. Guess his buddy had a go-pro camera.

stealthyeliminator

A cop drunk with power/intimidation.

I hope there is a civil suit against the city......that's ridiculous.
Then this officer gets fired....and the local mall cops won't hire him. He needs some help.

Hasn't the city paid over 500 million in settlements since like 2007 or something like that? Couldn't imagine there not being a settlement coming out of this. Edit: never mind I think that I'm thinking about NYC

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
‘The footage shows Saratoga County Deputy Shawn Glans...

From Wikipedia: The glans (/ɡlænz/, plural "glandes" /ˈɡlændˌiːz/; from the Latin word for "acorn") is a vascular structure located at the tip of the penis in male mammals or a homologous genital structure of the clitoris in female mammals.

Keep this in mind the next time you hear about the ongoing activities of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. Yeah, I know, but they only "say" it's defunct. Other groups are carrying out precisely the same activities.

Yes. I'm saying the Deputy was being a real .... .

Last edited:

The Truth

"It isn't as if any rational person still believes the USA is a free country.

Think about it. No-warrant wire taps, indefinite detention of citizens without charges, approval of rendition of prisoners and torture, stop and frisk without probable cause, search and seizure without a warrant, no-knock entry, confiscation and destruction of cameras that might have been used to film police acting illegally, police brutality, police shootings that go without investigation, managed news, and the civil-rights destroying "Patriot" Act.

Acts of police behaving illegally, with shootings, Tasers, and unwarranted violence now appear almost daily. Rarely are these offenses punished. Most often "an investigation" is claimed, but soon forgotten.

In addition, the USA, with 5% of the world population, has 25% of all of the prisoners in the world. That means the USA has the most people in prison of any nation in history. Even by percentage of residents incarcerated, not just sheer numbers, USA is # 1

Does any of that sound like a free country?

As Dwight D. Eisenhower said about communism, "It's like slicing sausage. First they out off a small slice. That isn't worth fighting over. Then they take another small slice that isn't worth fighting over. Then another and another. Finally, all you have left is the string and that isn't worth fighting over, either."

Primus

"It isn't as if any rational person still believes the USA is a free country.

Think about it. No-warrant wire taps, indefinite detention of citizens without charges, approval of rendition of prisoners and torture, stop and frisk without probable cause, search and seizure without a warrant, no-knock entry, confiscation and destruction of cameras that might have been used to film police acting illegally, police brutality, police shootings that go without investigation, managed news, and the civil-rights destroying "Patriot" Act.

Acts of police behaving illegally, with shootings, Tasers, and unwarranted violence now appear almost daily. Rarely are these offenses punished. Most often "an investigation" is claimed, but soon forgotten.

In addition, the USA, with 5% of the world population, has 25% of all of the prisoners in the world. That means the USA has the most people in prison of any nation in history. Even by percentage of residents incarcerated, not just sheer numbers, USA is # 1

Does any of that sound like a free country?

As Dwight D. Eisenhower said about communism, "It's like slicing sausage. First they out off a small slice. That isn't worth fighting over. Then they take another small slice that isn't worth fighting over. Then another and another. Finally, all you have left is the string and that isn't worth fighting over, either."
Your a diluted loser. But the ironic part is your free to be so. But too dumb to even realize your free to be diluted. Or disillusioned. Or discombobulated. Or dysfunctional.

Throw some Ks in there you'll be good. Your like a snotty Rich Kid who whines and says his parents mistreat him because he only has a beemer and not a Ferrari.

Oh woe to me. I'm so oppressed. Its terrible. Please save me.

Women in Iran get stoned. Dudes in Korea get jailed for even SAYING they don't like the government. Men women and children in Iraq are slaughtered for prescribing to the wrong god. Yet you sit in your cozy house bitching because u feel oppressed. Although you own a lifted truck and numerous guns and can biotch online about oppressed you are.

See the irony yet?

The Truth

Your a diluted loser. But the ironic part is your free to be so. But too dumb to even realize your free to be diluted. Or disillusioned. Or discombobulated. Or dysfunctional.

Throw some Ks in there you'll be good. Your like a snotty Rich Kid who whines and says his parents mistreat him because he only has a beemer and not a Ferrari.

Oh woe to me. I'm so oppressed. Its terrible. Please save me.

Women in Iran get stoned. Dudes in Korea get jailed for even SAYING they don't like the government. Men women and children in Iraq are slaughtered for prescribing to the wrong god. Yet you sit in your cozy house bitching because u feel oppressed. Although you own a lifted truck and numerous guns and can biotch online about oppressed you are.

See the irony yet?

You're* deluded*

Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-260360.png