• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

rapgood

Ok so multiply time by 1.5. It took me less time to read your post then it did type this one.

Again, deflection. You disingenuously choose to ignore the qualifying "everyone else's posts" in my comment (assuming, of course, that you are reading more than one such other posting before dashing off each of your pearls of hubris).

Last edited:

Primus

Again, deflection. You disingenuously choose to ignore the qualifying "everyone else's posts" in my comment (assuming, of course, that you are reading more than one such other posting before dashing off each of your pearls of hubris).
Ok ya got me. I give. I spend 23 hrs a day. I don't sleep or work. I'm a machine baby.:D

Difdi

Where is (the implication of an affirmative) right to homosexual marriage in natural law or constitutional law?

In natural law, it would be the fact that homosexual pairings happen all the time in nature. Some species have a higher rate of homosexuality than humans do. What right do I have to tell you and your (hypothetical) significant other what you can or cannot do by mutual consent in the privacy of your own home?

On the constitutional side, see the separation of church and state -- it's not a coincidence that the form of marriage the government supports while criminalizing all others is a 100% match to the marriage practices of the dominant religion at the time the laws were written.

kparker

Would you rather some old lady get locked up because she bought a nail gun?

YES YES YES!!!!

Why?

Not because I hate old ladies, but because that's that what the law says! Do you seriously think we should take comfort at a few prosecutors saying, "Don't worry, we'll only prosecute the 'bad guys'!"?

OC for ME

OHHHH, you mean this: ...

Primus is going to act like a cop, because he is one. So did the guy mentioned in the above article. ...
That nitwit cop was enforcing a "law" that was nullified by another law. Calkins will not (as he claims today) enforce a law on the books that is currently valid and constitutional. Seems like a big difference to me.

Conduct this civil disobedience in Seattle and let us see what happens.

The point is that the law says what it says and selective enforcement will not repeal this law no matter how disagreeable Calkins claims he is to the law. I contend that he likes the law as it is written and his discretion as well...pick and choose is power over the citizenry.

To rid the good people of WA of this law discretion must be removed and Calkins be held to account for not enforcing the law.

Difdi

I contend that he likes the law as it is written and his discretion as well...pick and choose is power over the citizenry.

This. I really dislike relying on the possibility that a police officer isn't having a bad day to be the determining factor in whether I spend the next few years in a state prison.