• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

Dave_pro2a

I agree with this 100%

Think about it. LEOs are not going to try and go after dozens or hundreds of people at once, even if they are technically breaking a law.

You're right!

http://trutube.tv/video/21288/Seattle-Mardi-Gras-Riots

Rape? IGNORE IT!
http://womensenews.org/story/rape/020412/debate-grows-over-use-sexual-assault-photo

http://seattle.livejournal.com/3274529.html?nojs=1
You can look at this image a long time, all the smiling, drunk, young men touching a piece of her like it's Christmas morning.
Apparently LEO can look at a lady being raped / sexually assaulted -- and look for a long time while doing nothing to stop it.

So yes, if enough gun owners show up to a protest event, it's possible cops won't do a thing.

It's also possible they will shoot people.

[/dice roll]

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Who does? Guys like Jeff? I know. That's why they are evil liberty haters. Its scary.

Your avatar bespeaks the fact you don't understand your job, and have a hero complex.

1*

number-one.svg

Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg

Primus

Your avatar bespeaks the fact you don't understand your job, and have a hero complex.

1*

Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg
Complex? No way. I'm a realist. I'm aware of how far short of a "hero" I am. But it certainly doesn't stop me from busting my donkey to try and help people. If somehow that bothers you..... Poop in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills faster. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tawnos

I'd suggest against it while there is still a chance for a lawsuit to overturn the law. One possible argument against this initiative is that it will have a chilling effect on the right to keep and bear arms. That case might be made much harder by a bunch of people gathering, armed, and violating the law. Especially if none of them are arrested or prosecuted during such a demonstration.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Complex? No way. I'm a realist. I'm aware of how far short of a "hero" I am. But it certainly doesn't stop me from busting my donkey to try and help people. If somehow that bothers you..... Poop in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills faster. :D

Tried it ... poop wins !!

5 pts for Gryfindor !

Primus

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/nov/13/gun-rights-activists-plan-i-594-protest-at-capitol/

'No one will be arrested for exchanging guns, said Calkins, the patrol spokesman.

“We don’t see handing a weapon to someone else as a violation of the law,” Calkins said. “We don’t see that as a transfer.”'
Nor will any of the crazy idea guys are coming with either..... The nail guns... Paint ball guns.... Fireworks.... Etc. Etc.

Just going to ad fuel to the fire IMO

Difdi

So if you let someone "borrow" something without explicitly defining the terms of the "transfer," they now legally own the item and the burden of proof is on you to provide proof that the "transfer" wasn't one or the other?

Nice straw man argument you have there. I said nothing of the sort.

Initiative 594 defines the word transfer, and the definition is different than previous laws. In the past, a transfer was a transfer of ownership. Under 594, a transfer occurs when possession changes. This does not mean (blindingly obviously) that loaning your gun transfers ownership. It means that changes in who is in possession requires a background check unless you fall under one of the very narrow exemptions.

If you have to lie about what I said in order to mock it, especially so transparently (anyone can scroll up), you've failed in your attempt.

Jeff. State

Banned
Nor will any of the crazy idea guys are coming with either..... The nail guns... Paint ball guns.... Fireworks.... Etc. Etc.

Just going to ad fuel to the fire IMO

Got to love "officer discretion".

What happened to................
"I don't interpret the laws, that is for the courts, I just enforce them"

Love how you guys pick and choose what YOU want.

Last edited:

Primus

Got to love "officer discretion".

What happened to................
"I don't interpret the laws, that is for the courts, I just enforce them"

Love how you guys pick and choose what YOU want.

I'm confused Jeff. Would you rather some old lady get locked up because she bought a nail gun?

Don't forget last I checked on here Law enforcement was overwhelming against this legislation. So they didn't even want the stupid thing.

But that funny thing called freedom allowed your fellow citizens to vote for it. So now the law enforcement still don't want the stupid thing and are probably willing to use discretion and common sense. Instead it appears guys are hoping they don't just to prove a point. Sounds stupid.

Love how you guys pick and choose what YOU want when it comes to freedom.

That state voted for it and you got it home slice. The people for it were free to spend money and misinformation. You were free to fight it. The people were free to go to the polls and vote for whatever they wanted.

Trying to get business owners freaked out or worse arrested for stupd things will not work IMO.