• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

OC for ME

Supporters said that’s not what “transfers” means in the law, and they don’t require checks.

“We don’t see handing a weapon to someone else as a violation of the law,” Calkins said. “We don’t see that as a transfer.”

He likened it to the difference between loaning your car to a friend for the afternoon and signing the papers over to him. The latter is a transfer, the former is not, Calkins said.
WHAT!!:shocker:

(25) "Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.
SO, how is loan defined in this law.

If the cops will not arrest because of their "understanding" of this law, it seems, why would they not be held to account, as they are, when they arrest for misunderstandings of a law?

Claiming that "transfer" does not mean this or that, is not the same as that "claim" being enforcible if a cop does arrest you for handing you gat to your buddy without a BC.

In my view Calkins is a nitwit, especially so when comparing this "non-transfer" to me tossing my truck keys to you so as to get me a juice box biatch!

bani

In my view Calkins is a nitwit, especially so when comparing this "non-transfer" to me tossing my truck keys to you so as to get me a juice box biatch!

doesn't matter.

the point is, nobody will be arrested at this "civil disobedience" rally. complaining about LEO interpretation of the law won't change the outcome.

Primus

WHAT!!:shocker:

SO, how is loan defined in this law.

If the cops will not arrest because of their "understanding" of this law, it seems, why would they not be held to account, as they are, when they arrest for misunderstandings of a law?

Claiming that "transfer" does not mean this or that, is not the same as that "claim" being enforcible if a cop does arrest you for handing you gat to your buddy without a BC.

Easy... Unless the law says SHALL arres t then there's discretion.

And no. NOT arresting someone because it doesn't say you have to is not akin arresting someone when it says you can't (or any other misinterpretation).

Dave_pro2a

And no. NOT arresting someone because it doesn't say you have to is not akin arresting someone when it says you can't (or any other misinterpretation).

Translation: more poor people & minorities will end up in jail due to this law. Rich white folk can just Keep Calm and Carry On.

Racists.

OC for ME

Why did Calkins not say it...rhetorical question.

"We will not arrest because, despite what the law says, or what the law seems to say to some folks, we do not consider this law to apply to you letting your buddy borrow your gun to go hunting, or to the range."

"Loans" is not defined in the law and its use/placement in the cited excerpt seems to indicate that loans may not mean the same as borrow, which is what Calkins is asserting. Anyway, when does the "borrow" clock run out, and when does borrow transform into a transfer under the law?

Do this civil disobedience in Seattle and see how the law is applied.

Primus

Translation: more poor people & minorities will end up in jail due to this law. Rich white folk can just Keep Calm and Carry On.

Racists.
Lol..... What?

Who said anything about race? As I said, the intent of the law isn't to get nail guns. So they won't get nail guns.

How is that racist?

Primus

Why did Calkins not say it...rhetorical question.

"We will not arrest because, despite what the law says, or what the law seems to say to some folks, we do not consider this law to apply to you letting your buddy borrow your gun to go hunting, or to the range."

"Loans" is not defined in the law and its use/placement in the cited excerpt seems to indicate that loans may not mean the same as borrow, which is what Calkins is asserting. Anyway, when does the "borrow" clock run out, and when does borrow transform into a transfer under the law?

Do this civil disobedience in Seattle and see how the law is applied.
They won't arrest anyone for it. It co.es down to intent.

When I first heard about this that was my first question. What was the intent and what exactly does it say? Some guys were gracious enough to explain and post the definition of transfer.

The intent still isn't there. The ads for it didn't show fireworks and nail guns. No one is trying to stop training. No one is going to sit at the local gun club and watch with binoculars to see if you pass your gun to your buddy then repel from a stealth helicopter and deploy seal team 48 (way better then 6).

I get it. Could someone grab you for it? Maybe. But that's not the intent. And if god forbid some cop was dumb enough to arrest you for buying a nail gun case law would quickly be made to clear it up even further that it DOESN'T apply to the litany of things.

Jeff. State

Banned
Love how you guys pick and choose what YOU want when it comes to freedom.

That state voted for it and you got it home slice. The people for it were free to spend money and misinformation. You were free to fight it. The people were free to go to the polls and vote for whatever they wanted.

Primus, you were expounding on how OFFICERS will interpret this law, re: nail guns,etc. Pretty much surmising this wont be enFORCEd by YOUR brethren. YOU sir are the one "picking and choosing". Most "laws" on the books today are as much BS as this one and the "we don't write, we just enFORCE them" mantra is heard from one end of the blue line to the other.

Washington State, where deaf homeless people are shot in the back by police for walking down the street with a knife carving on a piece of wood.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Primus: How about "discretion" for a guy BUYING a gun from his friend sans paperwork???? Gonna let that one slide as well?

mikeyb

So what you are saying is that when I go to Home Depot and purchase a "firearm" in violation of I-594 I can feel safe and secure trusting the LEO won't arrest me. Trust my freedom to LEO discretion. Ummmm......right, that makes me feel SOOOO much better. NOT. The law needs to be repealed and if we can get Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, ACE Hardware and TrueValue's to start throwing money and lawyers at the effort to get it repealed than we are that much ahead than the NRA and other gun groups that have done next to nothing so far to fight it.

When this law goes into affect in whatever form it does, my first letters are going to be to state legislators asking them what they are going to insist be done about all the illegal "firearm dealers" that the law has created.

But hey, at least you don't have to register it. So we got that goin' for us...

Does anyone know what constitutes a "bona fide gift?"

(4) This section does not apply to:(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift;

Oh, and I was reading about the tools on wiki... there's precedence for dips**t interference:
The ownership and use of these tools is regulated in Australia. The owner has to register the tool, and an operator of one of these tools is required to have a license and to have undergone training in their use. These laws are in keeping with Australia's extremely strict firearm laws.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Lol..... What?

Who said anything about race? As I said, the intent of the law isn't to get nail guns. So they won't get nail guns.

How is that racist?

The criminal justice system is inherently racist and classist.

If you have discretionary power to enforce a unjust law, it will OF COURSE be applied disproportionately. Absolute proof is the WOD.

incrates.jpg

WOW what a gigantic number of BLACKS in prison. That MUST mean that African Americans are the largest segment of the American population. Oh wait a second, they aren't?

us%20population%20by%20race%20graphic.jpg

Any guy with 2 brain cells would realize blacks are 'disproportionately' represented' in prisons. But hey, what the heck. We're America! America LUVS locking people up, especially minorities.

Here's our AWESOME incarceration rate compared to other nations.

incarc6.gif

Police GO AFTER blacks, Mexicans and poor WHITE people. Why? Profit. Profit for unions, lawyers, cops, guards, probation officers, etc. Want proof: http://bluenationreview.com/judge-sentenced-selling-kids-profit-prison/The result is disgusting, and YOU are an active participant.

colorprisonslaveships.jpg

So, an anti-firearm law, an anti-2A law -- will it be applied fairly across all races, and all income brackets? Will the guy in a 1985 Honda Accord with bailing wire holding on the bumper be treated the same as a guy in a 2014 Mercedes -- if both encounter an officer due to their breaking all these new firearm transfer laws?

Phuck no.

Racists. LEO, politicians, maybe YOU Primus -- at least you actively enforce an inherently racist justice system. A reasonable person might take your activity as implying that YOU are racist. Well, you might not be racist, and you probably don't have 2 brain cells.

For the record, I don't hate you. You're just the dog crap on the bottom of my shoe.

Last edited:

Primus

The criminal justice system is inherently racist and classist.

If you have discretionary power to enforce a unjust law, it will OF COURSE be applied disproportionately. Absolute proof is the WOD.

incrates.jpg

WOW what a gigantic number of BLACKS in prison. That MUST mean that African Americans are the largest segment of the American population. Oh wait a second, they aren't?

us%20population%20by%20race%20graphic.jpg

Any guy with 2 brain cells would realize blacks are 'disproportionately' represented' in prisons. But hey, what the heck. We're America! America LUVS locking people up, especially minorities.

Here's our AWESOME incarceration rate compared to other nations.

incarc6.gif

Police GO AFTER blacks, Mexicans and poor WHITE people. Why? Profit. Profit for unions, lawyers, cops, guards, probation officers, etc. Want proof: http://bluenationreview.com/judge-sentenced-selling-kids-profit-prison/The result is disgusting, and YOU are an active participant.

colorprisonslaveships.jpg

So, an anti-firearm law, an anti-2A law -- will it be applied fairly across all races, and all income brackets? Will the guy in a 1985 Honda Accord with bailing wire holding on the bumper be treated the same as a guy in a 2014 Mercedes -- if both encounter an officer due to their breaking all these new firearm transfer laws?

Phuck no.

Racists. LEO, politicians, maybe YOU Primus -- at least you actively enforce an inherently racist justice system. A reasonable person might take your activity as implying that YOU are racist. Well, you might not be racist, and you probably don't have 2 brain cells.

For the record, I don't hate you. You're just the dog crap on the bottom of my shoe.
Lmao I literally just laughed at loud..... Dog crap on my shoe... Lol thanks for the chuckle brother :D

Dave_pro2a

Lmao I literally just laughed at loud..... Dog crap on my shoe... Lol thanks for the chuckle brother :D

When that defense mechanism stops working, you might be one of the many LEO who commit suicide each year.

http://www.tearsofacop.com/police/articles/lewis.html
Nationally, twice as many cops - about 300 annually - commit suicide as are killed in the line of duty, according to a study by the National Association of Police Chiefs.

When your mind can't handle the truth, bad things happen.

Primus

When that defense mechanism stops working, you might be one of the many LEO who commit suicide each year.

http://www.tearsofacop.com/police/articles/lewis.html

When your mind can't handle the truth, bad things happen.

What defense mechanism? Finding humor in people? Its a virtue not a burden. :D I thought you were going for comedy? Most people who want to be taken serious don't make reference to dog poop lol