• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks CEO: If You Support Biblical Marriage, Sell Your Shares of Starbucks

SFCRetired

- 70-something years ago, my marriage would have been looked at with prejudice, me being an American citizen, and my wife being a Japanese citizen.

- We should embrace liberty for the sake of liberty itself, to do otherwise is arrogant and wrought with hypocrisy. I personally do not care what my neighbors do, so long as they don’t hurt me, or directly affect me in an adverse manner. So long as they do their thing on their side of the fence, it’s none of my business, nor is it my responsibility try and modify thier behavior.

And there we have wisdom. And, yes, I do know exactly what you are talking about. My marriage, not even seventy years ago, would have been frowned upon in the area of the country in which I live. My lovely bride is Chinese.