• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks CEO: If You Support Biblical Marriage, Sell Your Shares of Starbucks

davidmcbeth

Banned
Or buy more shares and kick this loud mouth out of his job .... disrespecting shareholders like that is not what I would find acceptable. Everyone should be able to speak their mind w/o being treated like that.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
“Starbucks is proud to join other leading Northwest employers in support of Washington State legislation recognizing marriage equality for same-sex couples,”...

...but they're NOT "proud" to recognize other Washington State legislation, namely the carry of firearms by citizens, especially Open Carry?

Mere Starbucks oversight?

Totally innocent coincidence?

Hardly...

But really, most gun-owners (and carriers) don't care about Shultz being a flaming gay marriage advocate, they just care that he doesn't like their guns and so doesn't want them in his stores (even if concealed).

Last edited:

Jack House

That's not at all what was said. Personally, I applaud his statement. These ultra-religious zealots need to pull their heads out of their asses.

davidmcbeth

Banned
That's not at all what was said. Personally, I applaud his statement. These ultra-religious zealots need to pull their heads out of their asses.

"Ultra-religious zealots"?? Because they do not support gay marriage?

So you are talking about 1/2 the population?

Jack House

"Ultra-religious zealots"?? Because they do not support gay marriage?

So you are talking about 1/2 the population?
Didn't realize that less than 40% constituted half. :uhoh:

Time to let go of your old prejudices. Time to realizes they're humans every bit as much as you and deserve all the same rights, that includes getting married.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Didn't realize that less than 40% constituted half. :uhoh:

Time to let go of your old prejudices. Time to realizes they're humans every bit as much as you and deserve all the same rights, that includes getting married.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am too. Being gay is abnormal. There is no right to be able to get married.

And states have historically defined what is marriage.

So I would disagree with you on this subject matter; I'm sure I cannot change your viewpoint and I can assure you that you cannot change mine.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Jack,

There's at least one good thing about Christian Fundamentalists: They are Islam's worst nightmare, and the only enemy they really fear/respect. Ask them.

Let me know if it's time for another Crusade...

-- Pope Urban II

;-)

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Background: I am devoutly Christian. I am also devoutly realist. That said:

1. Traditional marriage is a sacrament of the church in which the state should have absolutely no say.

2. One of the aspects of what is generally called "marriage" is a civil contract. Religion should have absolutely no say concerning the civil contract.

3. I would much rather see two people of the same gender in a lasting, committed relationship than see a continuation of the promiscuity that has so plagued that element of our society.

4, In a career spanning, with an interruption, almost thirty years, I was never in a unit that did not have gays and lesbians in it. Unlike many of my peers, I talked and listened to my soldiers, to include the gay and lesbian ones. In all of those thirty years, I never heard one say they chose to be that way. I heard many of them, often in tears, say that they did not know why they were as they were.

5. I will respectfully remind my fellow Christians on here of Christ's reply to the Pharisee in Matthew 22:36-40 and ask that you recall what He said the second greatest commandment is.

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>

5. I will respectfully remind my fellow Christians on here of Christ's reply to the Pharisee in Matthew 22:36-40 and ask that you recall what He said the second greatest commandment is.

What? You say that this supports gay marriage?

I guess when He said "turn the other cheek" is was a gay reference too.

Oh boy.

SFCRetired

Mr. McBeth, the commandment is "Love thy neighbor as thyself." There is no condition placed upon it. We are to love our fellow human beings, period. That is not to say that we have to like them or the things they do. It also says we are not to judge others. That is not our prerogative.

I never said it supports gay marriage.

I did say that traditional marriage is a sacrament of the church and the state should have no say in the matter.

I also said that the civil contract element of marriage is strictly a matter for the state and religion should have no voice in it.

One other thing: The abysmal failure of the Volstead Act should have taught everyone in this country a critical lesson: You cannot legislate morality.

Rusty Young Man

1. Traditional marriage is a sacrament of the church in which the state should have absolutely no say.

2. One of the aspects of what is generally called "marriage" is a civil contract. Religion should have absolutely no say concerning the civil contract.

3. I would much rather see two people of the same gender in a lasting, committed relationship than see a continuation of the promiscuity that has so plagued that element of our society.

4, In a career spanning, with an interruption, almost thirty years, I was never in a unit that did not have gays and lesbians in it. Unlike many of my peers, I talked and listened to my soldiers, to include the gay and lesbian ones. In all of those thirty years, I never heard one say they chose to be that way. I heard many of them, often in tears, say that they did not know why they were as they were.

I find myself in agreement with each of your points, SFCRetired. To each their own, as I've often heard.

Also, don't mind the poster you replied to; while he occasionally makes funny posts and talks about ways in which one may practice civil disobedience, he's also notorious for his troll-like behaviour.
Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure what his motivations for posting are.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I never said it supports gay marriage.

<snip>.

I find that hard to believe, as you posted it in a response to defend gay marriage.

But, I will not change your view and you will not change mine.

No one really thinks that homosexual behavior is normal ~ they just say "gay marriage should be allowed" ... as they don't want to offend.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
There was a saying in prison: "You don't have to stand tall, you just have to stand." And another saying (in life): "Any dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live fish to swim upstream." So obvious, but also so true...

Yet few "Americans" nowadays take ANY stand, especially when it comes to moral issues. At best they operate on moral-relativism, which is meaningless since by its own nature it's never the same because what it's "tenets" are depends on the current context. So at best, most people who stand for moral relativism actually stand for nothing (and don't even know it, or are in denial). The house built on sand instead of rock.

That's the BAD news...

The GOOD news that if you DO stand for something (especially what's right), you're head & shoulders above most other people. It's kind of like standing out if you have personal traits such as class, manners, work ethic, honesty, character & integrity: So few people have those things anymore, the few who do are easily noticed.

As for not being able to "legislate morality," you sure can, and it's ALWAYS been so: In reality, ALL laws (from Day One) -- which basically state what's right and wrong behavior for a group/society (usually, what's wrong, as laws silent on something usually mean it's right/legal behavior) -- come from someone's (individually or collectively) idea of morality, since morality IS the concept of right & wrong. The only difference is what concept/source of morality was used for making -- legislating -- said laws.

For Christians it's the Bible (actually, "Believers" is probably a better word nowadays as "Christians -- in America at least -- has become meaningless). For everyone else (since the Bible is foolishness to them) -- who knows where they get it.

Good luck to all though on their choice. But I suggest we DO choose wisely...it really IS of cosmic/eternal significance.

Now, to get back On Topic -- do you all want to meet @ a Starbucks for coffee (as a "group activity" we could fill-out their Suggestions for CEO Schultz forms while there). And then after our assorted Frappuccinos, we could head on over to the nearest Target and do some serious pre-Thanksgiving Christmas shopping? ;-)

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Last edited:

The Truth

Hey McBeth, no one cares about your personal excuse for being a bigot. So many people use religion as their reasoning for doing or thinking something entirely unreasonable and hateful. Your personal view that being gay is "abnormal" is not only thuper thilly, it's not allowed here as far as I can remember, and for good reason.

Really, is there anything more ridiculous and antiquated than judging someone based on their sexual orientation?

Last edited:

wrightme

What? You say that this supports gay marriage?

I guess when He said "turn the other cheek" is was a gay reference too.

Oh boy.

No, he did not say that something supported gay marriage. Can you show where he actually supported gay marriage? What he actually did was support leaving marriage to the church, and leave the civil contract to the government.

I find that hard to believe, as you posted it in a response to defend gay marriage.

But, I will not change your view and you will not change mine.

No one really thinks that homosexual behavior is normal ~ they just say "gay marriage should be allowed" ... as they don't want to offend.

"Whoosh!"

That was the sound you heard as his actual point went right past you.

Batousaii

... and what of liberty?

- 70-something years ago, my marriage would have been looked at with prejudice, me being an American citizen, and my wife being a Japanese citizen.

- We should embrace liberty for the sake of liberty itself, to do otherwise is arrogant and wrought with hypocrisy. I personally do not care what my neighbors do, so long as they don’t hurt me, or directly affect me in an adverse manner. So long as they do their thing on their side of the fence, it’s none of my business, nor is it my responsibility try and modify thier behavior.