• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New ACLU phone app helps gun owners police the police

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.mississippigunnews.com/aclu-phone-app-helps-gun-owners-police-the-police

SNIP

BY RICK WARD

Those police agencies that regularly allow their officers to abuse citizens and violate their rights against unlawful search and seizure and privacy may soon find themselves in federal court. New technology will allow citizens to upload video of the abuse immediately from the scene. Unlawful searches like those of elderly men we recently heard about in Pearl may soon become a thing of the past.

. . .

jackrockblc

Looks like this is currently quite specific for Mississippi, as it send the video directly to ACLU MS.

Maybe somebody can put a nationwide one together, and use the "settings" to determine which group to send the video to. I'd love to see something like this for CO.

EDIT: After I followed the link to the author, it seems there are four states online right now: MS, MO, NE and OR. I guess the others will be online shortly.

Last edited:

J1MB0B

Bambuser.com
I dont know that you can have it uploaded to someone specific but it streams live to the internet, accesible only with username and password.

And it keeps recording when you lock your phone.