Thread: not that u need one - but another reason to hate NJ - stupid "sting" operation

Banned

not that u need one - but another reason to hate NJ - stupid "sting" operation

http://7online.com/traffic/nj-driver...ickets/385500/

This duck kept going to the curb, off the curb," she said. "I thought it was a crazy guy on Halloween."

I recently read court cases challenging citations for touching traffic lane lines, one called weaving and an other an improper lane change, one of which was used as RAS for a DUI stop that was inflated into an illegal search. The duck-man in the X-walk should have been an obvious extra-enforcement.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

"I'm a woman. This huge duck scared me."

lmao
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    The guy walking down from a curb and back up and repeating is a major issue ... its entrapment at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The guy walking down from a curb and back up and repeating is a major issue ... its entrapment at that point.
    So if I start to cross the street and determine that I cannot do so safely at this time and retreat to the curb, I'm somehow entrapping someone?

The video avalable supports the "retreat to safety" description than dancing back and forth from curb to crosswalk like a matadpr challenging a bull.

Sometimes I worry about your cognative functioning. Other times, like this, I just throw up my hands in disgust and resignation.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it may be an undercover officer...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So if I start to cross the street and determine that I cannot do so safely at this time and retreat to the curb, I'm somehow entrapping someone?

The video avalable supports the "retreat to safety" description than dancing back and forth from curb to crosswalk like a matadpr challenging a bull.

Sometimes I worry about your cognative functioning. Other times, like this, I just throw up my hands in disgust and resignation.

stay safe.
    Its good that we agree ... a scum operation....

Given the "duck's" irrational behavior, the entire sting fails the rational person test as required by the court. It wouldn't matter if the person behaving that way were dressed up like a duck or not. If they're behaving irrationally, stepping on and off the curb, then just standing there, the rational person will observe them for a moment, then carefully and safely proceed. Stopping forever, just because a duck is obstructing traffic, impeding the flow of traffic, or whatever the heck they call it in Jersey, is NOT rational behavior.

These drivers behaved in a safe and rational manner. A class-action lawsuit should get this entire fiasco tossed.

The police chief's comments indicated he's an looney as Donald Duck.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Really, pedestrians should take some personal responsibility ... just because a law says that a vehicle must stop does that mean you can close your eyes and walk across streets?

Again, 100% right and dead wrong.

These stupid laws ... cross at a cross walk and pay attention.

Really, pedestrians should take some personal responsibility ... just because a law says that a vehicle must stop does that mean you can close your eyes and walk across streets?

Again, 100% right and dead wrong.

These stupid laws ... cross at a cross walk and pay attention.
    There's a local bar/eatery that hosts a 5k run every Tuesday. Has attracted literally hundreds of runners/walkers since I moved here five years ago.

I theorize that while runners have the right of way in the crosswalks, they do not have the right to jog in place on the curb leading up to a crosswalk then dart out in front of me just as I'm entering the crosswalk.

Had I not managed to dodge the idiot who tried this, I may have had the opportunity to hear a judge either confirm or refute my theory.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

"This duck kept going to the curb, off the curb," she said. "I thought it was a crazy guy on Halloween."
    I'd almost be willing to bet that too many people were stopping to let the mad mallard cross the road which affected their 'numbers'. Then they felt they had to start manufacturing a few citations in order to meet the unspecified, never spoken, 'quota' that doesn't officially exist.

I use to attend in official capacity the local highway safety meeting where members would bring up local safety issues and talk about how to solve them.

Well the local small town received some grant money for a walking /bike trail at the farthest section of the trail out side of the city limits it crossed a major highway with a speed limit there of 45 mph.

Do to the grant they had to paint in cross walk we heard complains that walkers almost being hit.

The talk was how to stop this I talked with other law enforcement about the problem we came to the conclusion that the best solution was to get rid of the cross walk that was giving a false sense of security to the walkers.

Most of them thought a vehicle going 50 mph or faster could stop on a dime when some of these idiots step out into the cross walk.

I didn't make any friends when I asked who was the idiot who decided a cross walk out in the country was a good idea.

Well the cross walk remains I am sure people form both sides are complaining about it I have not heard of any body getting a citation for fail to yield or any body getting hit.

I still think the best solution is get rid of it make the pedestrians yield as there is not many that use that section and there is a lot of vehicle traffic.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 11-11-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    <snip>

I still think the best solution is get rid of it make the pedestrians yield as there is not many that use that section and there is a lot of vehicle traffic.
    OVERRULED ! Your solution makes too much sense for the government to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I use to attend in official capacity the local highway safety meeting where members would bring up local safety issues and talk about how to solve them.

Well the local small town received some grant money for a walking /bike trail at the farthest section of the trail out side of the city limits it crossed a major highway with a speed limit there of 45 mph.

Do to the grant they had to paint in cross walk we heard complains that walkers almost being hit.

The talk was how to stop this I talked with other law enforcement about the problem we came to the conclusion that the best solution was to get rid of the cross walk that was giving a false sense of security to the walkers.

Most of them thought a vehicle going 50 mph or faster could stop on a dime when some of these idiots step out into the cross walk.

I didn't make any friends when I asked who was the idiot who decided a cross walk out in the country was a good idea.

Well the cross walk remains I am sure people form both sides are complaining about it I have not heard of any body getting a citation for fail to yield or any body getting hit.

Some of the walkingtrails around here have stop signs for the pedestrians. They still have crosswalks, though.

I would argue that the quack/duck/idiot leo, was in fact impeding the flow of regular traffic and creating a public safety concern.

I actually never heard of duck entrapment, and the chief in that town is a real piece of work with his comments...

Great piece of police work their, beware of Santa coming to Fort Lee to entrap its citizens...

My .02

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?