first welcome to the forum, but I have a couple of questions which immediately come to my mind:
1. who. within the church. authorized the 'unofficial security' of the property and is this authorization documented?
2. whomever authorized said 'unofficial security' know at least you are packing heat in the accomplishment of your 'unofficial' duties? what is your training?
3. do the other 'unofficial security' volunteers pack heat as well? what is their training?
4. does documented authorization stated somewhere 'unofficial security' is in charge and has overseer rights to church property?
5. do said 'unofficial security' volunteer(s) wear some sort of unique clothing identifying themselves as an 'unofficial security' component so Denver's finest, when they arrive, can tell the riff raft apart from the overseer of the property?
6. see 2 & 3 above: what are the limits for protecting said facility when the 'unofficial security' individual needs to pull the heat they are packing?
you going to shoot someone for stealing ~ not really a good idea!
you going to shoot someone (drunk) who gets cranky when someone not identified as 'unofficial security' tells (orders) them to get off the property and then everyone's posturing and then shouting and then the situation becomes violent and...
oh dear another Zimmerman situation has resulted from 'unofficial security' person being attacked by someone trespassing!
this movie has been done already and it stank at the box office.