• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional carry bill pre-filed

stealthyeliminator

"That's already the case. The legislature has (sic) no power over anything absent the constitution granting them permission to do so. That's why our constitution has like 130 amendments."

Soooo......obviously they're not going to prevent themselves from regulating the wearing of arms... Soooooo..... any amendment that gives you what you want (pending the required litigation) will have to spell out where they can regulate wearing arms.

There is no law of nature preventing this from happening. Sounds more like you just aren't willing to do what it takes to make it happen. Good thing that's irrelevant since you aren't from here anyway...

Don't be so negative, Nancy...

Last edited:

OC for ME

While I stand against such language in a bill, I ain't in TX, so who cares right?

Only time will tell how long the fixes that need fixing get fixed. Will TX be a WA? Where the cops just ain't gunna enforce the parts of the law they don't agree with? Those parts that needs fixin that is?

Bad law is like dirt in a stream, once it settles to the bottom it is very difficult to remove. But, ya'll get you OC that's for sure...isn't it?

Good luck.

77zach

There is no law of nature preventing this from happening. Sounds more like you just aren't willing to do what it takes to make it happen. Good thing that's irrelevant since you aren't from here anyway...

Don't be so negative, Nancy...

I know how the game is played and I don't like posturing lawmakers. Also, Jack House decided to be adversarial and I tried to find out why, to no avail.

Of course, I would still welcome an amendment eliminating all gun laws, it's just not politically feasible. Neither would I want to hang my hat on the honesty of the court system when the Texas legislature meets only every other year.