• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rosie O on Gun Ownership

since9

Campaign Veteran
Rosie on Guns.jpg

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison." - Rosie O'donnel

My response: "I don't care if Rosie wants to eat. I don't care if she thinks its her right. I say sorry, she is not allowed to stuff her face, and if she does stuff her face, I think she should go to prison."

It sounds ridiculous, but only until you realize the National Institutes of Health says obesity is responsible for 300,000 deaths annually, ten times as deadly as all deaths due to firearms (homicides, suicides, self-defense, and accidents).

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
She may also want to do something about "assault doctors" and "assault hospitals". Together around 190,000 people lose their lives to these two assault types.

Yes, she is silly. But she is far worse than silly. She is dangerous because she has a national podium from which to launch her radical ideas. She is a useful idiot with a loud voice.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I don't know if she said it again or if her old quote has just been rediscovered, but she stated this position years sgo. And she was roundly criticized in 2A circles because at the time at keast she employed armed body guards. Her hypocrisy was clear cut and undeniable.

scooter348

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison." So she wants to trample on a Right she doesn't agree with? Now let's flip this around:

"I don't care if you want to talk, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to talk, and if you do talk I think you should go to prison." See how that works? She should just be ignored and hopefully she will go away.

WalkingWolf

Rosie, I don't care if you think you are elite and entitled to armed guards while you want the rest of the population not able to defend themselves. I think your bodyguards should be unarmed, and if you hire them armed you should go to prison.

Maverick9

I'd be semi-ok with that as long as she means EVERYONE who has a gun, starting with those who are professionals because they are 'better' at gun things. Then Felons and predators. LACs would go last, but of course they'd be OK for about 20 years until they built a bunch more prisons.

o Current Prison population: 2,266,800 (1)
o Current LEO population: 1,865,000 (2)
o Current Military fit for service: 120,022,084
o Current Armed adults in the US (excluding Felons/Predators/BGs): ~ 140,000,000 (3)

That means we'd need 121,887,084 more prison cells, just for the professional and working gun carriers, and as we got to the LACs, that's a total of 261,887,084 prison cells, which is about 87% of the population (using 300,000,000 as the current adult population).

So, let's look at her REAL hidden agenda...given that she's a lesbo. All men in prison....yay, more skirt for her?

BTW, some of my best friends in college were, and several now are of the female-preferring persuasion, and I have no problem with that. Just couldn't pass up the dig, I 'spose.

----
(1)(adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.94% of adults in the U.S. resident population.)

(2)(In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million persons on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers)

(3) 30-50% of adult LAC own guns in the US.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
She may also want to do something about "assault doctors" and "assault hospitals". Together around 190,000 people lose their lives to these two assault types.

Yes, she is silly. But she is far worse than silly. She is dangerous because she has a national podium from which to launch her radical ideas. She is a useful idiot with a loud voice.
I'm sorry,but you need to be corrected.

It is LOUDMOUTH. Got it????? LOUDMOUTH!!!!!:D

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I'd be semi-ok with that as long as she means EVERYONE who has a gun, starting with those who are professionals because they are 'better' at gun things. Then Felons and predators. LACs would go last, but of course they'd be OK for about 20 years until they built a bunch more prisons.

o Current Prison population: 2,266,800 (1)
o Current LEO population: 1,865,000 (2)
o Current Military fit for service: 120,022,084
o Current Armed adults in the US (excluding Felons/Predators/BGs): ~ 140,000,000 (3)

That means we'd need 121,887,084 more prison cells, just for the professional and working gun carriers, and as we got to the LACs, that's a total of 261,887,084 prison cells, which is about 87% of the population (using 300,000,000 as the current adult population).

So, let's look at her REAL hidden agenda...given that she's a lesbo. All men in prison....yay, more skirt for her?

BTW, some of my best friends in college were, and several now are of the female-preferring persuasion, and I have no problem with that. Just couldn't pass up the dig, I 'spose.

----
(1)(adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.94% of adults in the U.S. resident population.)

(2)(In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million persons on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers)

(3) 30-50% of adult LAC own guns in the US.

You're kidding... right?

Not me. I love my guns, everything about them. And if I was the last person who owned them I would not give them up because they're my property.

Rusty Young Man

"I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison." - Rosie O'donnel

"I don't care if you want to be openly gay, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to be openly gay, and if you are openly gay I think you should go to prison." - Rosie O'Donut

"I don't care if you want to walk in public, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to walk in public if you're black, and if you do walk in public while being black I think you should go to prison." - Rosie O'Donut

*For any antis/MAD moms reading this post and wanting to make it out to be racist: I am Hispanic, and I actually practice the tolerance I preach. Try to ditch the double-standards, it will make your life a lot easier.

Last edited:

Maverick9

You're kidding... right?

Not me. I love my guns, everything about them. And if I was the last person who owned them I would not give them up because they're my property.

Absolutely kidding and making the point by logical extension. Obviously she does not, could not, would not want everyone who has guns to be incarcerated and if faced with that would realize the stupidity and impracticality of her comments.

I mean start with HER body guards and HER personal weapons...and she'd cave.

Aknazer

Absolutely kidding and making the point by logical extension. Obviously she does not, could not, would not want everyone who has guns to be incarcerated and if faced with that would realize the stupidity and impracticality of her comments.

I mean start with HER body guards and HER personal weapons...and she'd cave.

Well that spoon of hers is rather dangerous to all sorts of food out there...

The Truth

She's an absolutely disgusting human being in every way. Ewgh. Innocent people die every day. Some of the world's most prophetic, brilliant minds die young. She is yet somehow still here.