• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help on a subject

okiephlyer

I prefer not to carry openly my reason is, that I am aware that many do not share my love for firearms and prefer not to upset anyone. Not liking IWB holsters I do have my gun on my hip with a shirt covering it. The reason I like the OC law is that I am not taking a chance on exposing the gun and breaking a law for exposing it. You can indeed see it below some of the shirts I choose. The only people that have taken notice are also gun owners. I do explain my preference in class and my reason why when asked.

First, welcome to the forum. It has been a little slow around here for a while and some new blood might help get things rolling again.
Second, While I, and others welcome you here, I wonder why you are here if you do not prefer OC. (I am NOT trying to get you to leave or to change your mind.) This forum is for the promotion of, education of, support of, etc, OC. Not that any one here advocates for only OC, (most will say that OC, CC, or no C, whatever you are comfortable with, is what you need to do) but that is the prime reason we are all here.
Third, my experience carrying OC since Nov. 1, 2012 has been that only once has anyone been upset, and dozens have voiced support, or at least valid positive curiosity. The more people see OC'ers going about their daily lives in a normal manner, the more positive the whole OC thing will become.

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

my experience carrying OC since Nov. 1, 2012 has been that only once has anyone been upset.

oddly i carry on duty in uniform duty rig and all and have heard people complain. there are those who would spend 1 dollar on a powerball ticket and win 1 million dollars. instead of being happy they just walked away with 750K they would complain and go all out to show they are mad the government took 250K. some people are just never happy.