Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MDA/Everytown signature drop off at Clark County Elections office Nov 12 at 1300/1pm

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    58

    Exclamation MDA/Everytown signature drop off at Clark County Elections office Nov 12 at 1300/1pm

    Stolen from a poster on Facebook. I think this would make for an excellent opportunity to have an open carry meet up.

    From an email I received from those Everytown *******: I say we gather a counter protest OC'ng and shut them down!
    Michael --
    Nevadans like you will help make history in Las Vegas tomorrow, and I want you to be there.
    Our partners at Nevadans for Background Checks have been working intensely to collect enough signatures to get a background checks initiative on the ballot here -- and TOMORROW, they're going to deliver those signatures to the Clark County Registrar alongside volunteers from your area.
    This event will be more powerful if you're there. Can you join Nevadans for Background Checks on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. to help deliver the signatures
    At the event on Wednesday, there will be plenty of stickers and posters to help Nevadans like you show your support. Here are the details:
    What: Nevadans for Background Checks Ballot Initiative Petition Delivery
    When: TOMORROW -- Wednesday, November 12 at 1:00 p.m.
    Where: Clark County Registrar of Voters, Annex Building
    965 Trade Drive, Suite A
    North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
    Anyone else free? I just so happen to be off work on Wednesday this week.....
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-11-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Unacceptable verbiage

  2. #2
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Don't mean to be pedantic, but IMO, we should not be using disrespectful appellations for the 'anti-s'.

    Disrespect, name-calling, anger is their tactic, not ours, we few, we band of 2A supporters and lovers of freedom. We give respect (due or not), and thus can't find our words flung back in quotations.

    Perhaps an edit to 'persons' or something?

    FWIW
    Last edited by Maverick9; 11-11-2014 at 02:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Don't mean to be pedantic, but IMO, we should not be using disrespectful appellations for the 'anti-s'.

    Disrespect, name-calling, anger is their tactic, not ours, we few, we band of 2A supporters and lovers of freedom. We give respect (due or not), and thus can't find our words flung back in quotations.

    Perhaps an edit to 'persons' or something?

    FWIW
    I stole the post from another user on Facebook who received the email. His words, not mine. I just copy and pasted, I'm trying to spread the word far and wide to try to get as many pro-gun people to attend. So far the views have been many but the responses have been lackluster.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by jpa View Post
    I stole the post from another user on Facebook who received the email. His words, not mine. I just copy and pasted, I'm trying to spread the word far and wide to try to get as many pro-gun people to attend. So far the views have been many but the responses have been lackluster.
    Response is lackluster because these anti azzhats always do these things when real men and women are at work.

  5. #5
    Regular Member garand_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Response is lackluster because these anti azzhats always do these things when real men and women are at work.
    Exactly.

    I will give all the Nevada Carry info cards to anyone going, just come and get them. I will also 'sponsor' a press release too, if someone wants to write it. I'm feeling a little spent in the writing department today.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

    Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Don't mean to be pedantic, but IMO, we should not be using disrespectful appellations for the 'anti-s'.

    Disrespect, name-calling, anger is their tactic, not ours, we few, we band of 2A supporters and lovers of freedom. We give respect (due or not), and thus can't find our words flung back in quotations.

    Perhaps an edit to 'persons' or something?

    FWIW
    They can get all the sigs they want .. it changes our rights not

  7. #7
    Regular Member Craftymommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    172
    For those of you not on facebook. We had 7 of us plus my 3 kids (one of which was carrying his toy gun). We did interviews with 100.5 kxnt, Channel 3, 5, 8, 13 and Telemundo.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They can get all the sigs they want .. it changes our rights not
    A work day for me. Saw the group on the news. Thought you all did well. With only a hand full Pro gun persons the group received as much press as the anti gun. Some might think it is a waste of time and not have any effect. Hard to tell for sure however the one thing that will have no effect is to be silent and not push back.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 11-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member garand_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymommy View Post
    For those of you not on facebook. We had 7 of us plus my 3 kids (one of which was carrying his toy gun). We did interviews with 100.5 kxnt, Channel 3, 5, 8, 13 and Telemundo.
    Good job! Glad to here that it got picked up by the Spanish language media. Now we really need to start picking up the pace and educating people.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

    Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •