Thread: Ruger LC9s

Ruger LC9s

Just a heads up for anyone that already owns or is interested in this gun.

I noticed an issue with mine where the guide rod can become off center and prevent the slide from going fully into battery. This should only be a problem with the original stock, as newer ones have already been corrected. Make sure you check yours or the one you're planning on buying for a conical, rather than flat plate, on the front of the guide rod. If you have one with the issue, not to worry, I just got off the phone with Ruger (about 5 minutes worth of talking), and a new assembly is on the way and should be here within a week. Glad I noticed it before my life depended on it! Ruger was very accommodating, don't hesitate to call them!

I'm sure you guru's don't need it, but I have a few pictures of mine showing the issue that I can send via PM if you're interested.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSquid View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone that already owns or is interested in this gun.

I noticed an issue with mine where the guide rod can become off center and prevent the slide from going fully into battery. This should only be a problem with the original stock, as newer ones have already been corrected. Make sure you check yours or the one you're planning on buying for a conical, rather than flat plate, on the front of the guide rod. If you have one with the issue, not to worry, I just got off the phone with Ruger (about 5 minutes worth of talking), and a new assembly is on the way and should be here within a week. Glad I noticed it before my life depended on it! Ruger was very accommodating, don't hesitate to call them!

I'm sure you guru's don't need it, but I have a few pictures of mine showing the issue that I can send via PM if you're interested.
    I have and love my LC9s. I'm aware that Ruger has a recall running on the guide rod, and have ordered mine. Just waiting for it to arrive so I can construct the perfect CCW toy.

Cheers;
    ~ the0wl93

Nice little pistols. Glad to read Ruger was so easy to work with.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

*update*

Got my new guide rod and spring assembly in the mail yesterday, 17NOV2014. Obviously a quick install, and tried for a good 10-15 minutes to reproduce the issue without any success. I'm now that much happier with my purchase! Love this little pistol.

Glad you got a replacement guide rod. I haven't had an issues with mine.
    A lot of firearms will jam, etc... when you hand cycle them.

Ruger's CS has always been top notch, imho.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

took my pistol permit class for CT..waiting to get my permit back and have been looking at some pistols.

Bought one of these the other day. A+ little gun.

I purchased the full size SR9, aside from the sights needing to be tapped into correct position, it is a fairly decent gun, I have also looked at the LC9's both hammer and striker fired, neat little guns, but my bear claws would have a hard time holding them unfortunately.

glad your issue was resolved without delay, and glad it operates as desired.