• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proven LIAR and murderer glorified once again.

Primus

Good to know. I've got a brother in law currently as an army special forces engineer. I'll make sure to get the scoop from him on how B.S. it is that he is over there training men and women how to defend their villages from the Taliban.

these "special forces" you talk about, of anyone in the military across the world, are precisely the groups that specifically hunt down known threats to American soil. I'm sure they have security clearances that give them incredible insight. I also refuse to believe that each and every one of the men in all special forces units somehow see this as a black and white issue and that they Are ALL doing Immoral things. I think we would see much more publicity by these men.
Careful brother.... Your speaking and thinking with sense... Don't over whelm him....

The Truth

This isn't a troll thread at all. In fact, I much enjoy both jdazzle's and jeff's posts. This thread is no different. Great discussion here, and not just about a man.

I know, right? Go figure, The Truth is a fan of these tinfoil hat wearing anti-statist toolbags. Whatever.

What we are examining here is the difference between people who join the military for ethical reasons, and those who would likely otherwise be criminals. I could write pages on this subject, as I have my own philosophies, and I also have quite a number of friends who were in Iraq and Afghanistan, and with whom I've had some quite personal, in depth conversations - conversations which I hold reservations about sharing online.

We are a capitalist society. Life is about acceptance.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Is anyone going to see this movie? The movie won't tell how we helped create Bin Ladin, right?

The US gov't might as well have been behind the pilot seats on 9-11 ... reap the rewards !

Jeff. State

Banned
Good to know. I've got a brother in law currently as an army special forces engineer. I'll make sure to get the scoop from him on how B.S. it is that he is over there training men and women how to defend their villages from the Taliban.

Again, nothing personal about your BIL, but it's more bullcrap covered kobe. What we have done to Afghanistan and it's people makes the Taliban look like the Welcome Wagon. It's not the USA's job to train anyone on the other side of the planet to handle bully's, if it were, we should be in every village, town, school yard across the planet. The Royal family of Saudi Arabia run a more brutal country than the Taliban did, they just have money to wear fancier rags and drive Rolls Royce's. Oh did I mention Saudi Arabia, where most of the alleged 911 hijackers came from, where Wahhabi hate springs from every mosque like oil from the sand and spreads to whatever Muslim country needs to be attacked by US?

these "special forces" you talk about, of anyone in the military across the world, are precisely the groups that specifically hunt down known threats to American soil. I'm sure they have security clearances that give them incredible insight. I also refuse to believe that each and every one of the men in all special forces units somehow see this as a black and white issue and that they Are ALL doing Immoral things. I think we would see much more publicity by these men.

I am willing to wager 99.999 percent of those killed, wounded, imprisoned indefinitely, etc. in the GWOT could not have harmed a hair on a single American head Stateside. A "Terror" war is a myth that has been sold to the American people that HAS NO END. New enemies are created out of thin air, they can say anything and back it up with a few clips of idiots running around shooting weapons, waving flags, driving around in pick up trucks, etc. and then tell the American people we need to spend BILLIONS of dollars to stop them.

We created the Taliban via the 1980s mujahedeen, we created bin laden, just as NOW we created ISIS to try and oust Assad, or maybe we created them for exactly what is going on right now. We train and arm then and magically go to war with them shortly after. Brilliant!

J_dazzle23

Again, nothing personal about your BIL, but it's more bullcrap covered kobe. What we have done to Afghanistan and it's people makes the Taliban look like the Welcome Wagon. It's not the USA's job to train anyone on the other side of the planet to handle bully's, if it were, we should be in every village, town, school yard across the planet. The Royal family of Saudi Arabia run a more brutal country than the Taliban did, they just have money to wear fancier rags and drive Rolls Royce's. Oh did I mention Saudi Arabia, where most of the alleged 911 hijackers came from, where Wahhabi hate springs from every mosque like oil from the sand and spreads to whatever Muslim country needs to be attacked by US?

I am willing to wager 99.999 percent of those killed, wounded, imprisoned indefinitely, etc. in the GWOT could not have harmed a hair on a single American head Stateside. A "Terror" war is a myth that has been sold to the American people that HAS NO END. New enemies are created out of thin air, they can say anything and back it up with a few clips of idiots running around shooting weapons, waving flags, driving around in pick up trucks, etc. and then tell the American people we need to spend BILLIONS of dollars to stop them.

We created the Taliban via the 1980s mujahedeen, we created bin laden, just as NOW we created ISIS to try and oust Assad, or maybe we created them for exactly what is going on right now. We train and arm then and magically go to war with them shortly after. Brilliant!
pretty big claims- but they are all opinion unless you can show irrefutable proof or a cite. I'm not saying I don't agree with some of it, but I can have a respect for my opinion as just that- opinion.

In my OPINION, you don't have second thoughts and doubts and make it through so much as the first week of BUD/S, much less get your pin.

Regardless of what your opinion of the war is, chris kyle was leaving to fight for his country, and to make the world a better place. I'm not going to armchair quarterback a man that was killed in the process of providing an act of charity. I'm also not going to call the man a liar because he lost a frivolous lawsuit to a POLITICIAN in that persons home state after he was dead and unable to even be present.

Vagrant

You know there's alot of back and forth on this, I honestly think I'll spit out my opinion about this and just get get it out of the way

Disclaimer: I am not a military man, by any means.

The point of the movie is to describe the real life situation of a marine sniper being put in a situation where he has to weigh the situation of pulling the trigger and getting past the point of reasonable doubt.

This "america shouldn't be there" crap has been spouted for decades and you know what? It doesn't matter, the end all be all is "we" (generalization of all citizens in america) are not willing to do what is necessary to make america a safer and better place for all.

You want the ability to do whatever you want when you want to, you want that beefy H3 Hummer as your daily driver even though it's like 12 miles to the gallon, we can't come to the consensus on something simple, the ability for our country to internalize and not use foreign oil.

Theirs so many hypothetical statements I could make that would directly infer to the reason or a reason that we have soldier boots on another countries soil, but I feel like the conversation is 2 sides of a coin trying to rub against each other.

When it all comes down to it what is one of the oldest statements that constantly comes up " it's about the man next to me"

I think if everyone took more time to broaden their mindset past 2 options this country might still save itself.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-
I think if everyone took more time to broaden their mindset past 2 options this country might still save itself.

Too often we are not interested in how we are heard/perceived, but only that we are heard. Those that don't agree are discounted or worse.

Jeff. State

Banned
Vagrant, "thanks" to fracking the USA is near the top of oil producing nations again. It's being EXPORTED! THEY poison our ground to get their garbage oil and SELL IT. The Keystone pipeline is for getting OUR oil out of the country faster and cheaper.

These wars are NOT about gas "for our H3 hummer" the wars are for $$$$$$ for Corporations on multiple fronts.

I have "broadened my mindset", I was once a big GWOT cheerleader and supported our (the USA) murdering of innocents around the globe.

I have been on both sides of the coin, I feel much CLEANER being on the side that is not in favor of murdering innocents around the globe for HIDDEN INTERESTS$$$$$$.

F350

Another Propaganda piece glorifying someone who went to foreign lands to kill peasants trying to defend themselves, their homes, their communities from a FOREIGN INVADER. I'm contemplating picketing this movie when it comes out.

Chris Kyle is a PROVEN liar.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/30/us/ventura-chris-kyle-suit/index.html

Hey jeffie; here is another forum you might be interested in....
http://www.cpusa.org/join-the-communist-party-at-the-us-social-forum

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
F350: What in my statements makes you think I would have anything to do with communism? I hate Government/The State with a passion, communism is putting EVERYONES eggs into a Government basket. NO THANKS!
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! ........... Just sayin'

At best this thread is tenuous as it is.

sudden valley gunner

Hey jeffie; here is another forum you might be interested in....
http://www.cpusa.org/join-the-communist-party-at-the-us-social-forum

Nationalism and jingoism is the biggest threat to liberty.

We need to stop meddling in foreign affairs, we need to stop worshipping the government in the name of love of country.

Grape I hate the state, it has nothing to do with bigotry or the hate I believe that rule was made for, it has a lot to do with love of liberty, and my fellow humans of all stripes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nationalism and jingoism is the biggest threat to liberty.

We need to stop meddling in foreign affairs, we need to stop worshipping the government in the name of love of country.

Grape I hate the state, it has nothing to do with bigotry or the hate I believe that rule was made for, it has a lot to do with love of liberty, and my fellow humans of all stripes.

I do not "worship" the government, but I do love my state and country.