• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member and first Open Carry (Spokane)

jedmonds7346

First off I would just like to say hi to everyone here!
I'm new to the community and I must say that right off the bat the site has been very helpful. I live in Spokane, though I grew up in CDA ID. As I am getting older I am starting to realize my constitutional rights seem to be getting stripped away slowly but surely, that being said I feel like its my duty to become a more involved, educated citizen.

Today I enjoyed my first ever Open Carry experience and I must say it was a bit nerve racking but also liberating lol. I started off by meeting a friend for lunch at the Subway on 3rd and Browne. I was under the impression that Subway may or may not be Open Carry friendly so I figured what a way to get my feet wet...either i will eat lunch with my firearm or I will have to find a new spot for lunch. I checked both entrances for any signs stating no firearms, weapons etc and didn't see any, oddly enough however, there was a sign asking me to remove my sunglasses.....:cool: No sunglasses alloweed, but my XD 9mm is ok. At any rate I proceeded in and was met with only smiles and a delicious sandwich!
After lunch I went to the Zip Trip on Division for fuel, much like subway I didn't see any signs and was again met with only smiles. My last stop was Yokes on North Foothills Dr for a redbox. (the kiosk is inside the store.....baby steps) The feeling inside the store was a little strange as I was noticing customers and employee's doing the dbl and triple take. Irregardless I browsed through both kiosks, found a movie, rented it and left peacefully with no issues.

I would say it was a total success and I actually enjoyed the experience and look forward to future outings....maybe when it gets warmer :exclaim:

Enough rambling on by me, its dinner time.

Justin

o2ryan

Justin,

Welcome to OCDO and OC in Spokane. As a fellow resident and OC'r, allow me to give you two words of advice:

1. Don't worry about whether or not a particular establishment is OC friendly, worry about being a friendly OC'r. Your demeanor will have more to do with how people respond than anything else. Know your rights in Washington and be polite and courteous always and you will generally have no trouble.

2. Stop looking for signs, they have no legal merit in WA and serve only as a warning. Use common sense as to where and how you choose to carry and you will have no problem.

Snarly

Jeff Hayes

Justin,

Welcome to OCDO and OC in Spokane. As a fellow resident and OC'r, allow me to give you two words of advice:

1. Don't worry about whether or not a particular establishment is OC friendly, worry about being a friendly OC'r. Your demeanor will have more to do with how people respond than anything else. Know your rights in Washington and be polite and courteous always and you will generally have no trouble.

2. Stop looking for signs, they have no legal merit in WA and serve only as a warning. Use common sense as to where and how you choose to carry and you will have no problem.

Snarly

+2

sudden valley gunner

Justin,

Snarly

+3