Thread: Burgundian in Green Lake improperly posted

Burgundian in Green Lake improperly posted

The white and green signs have been moved to the windows on either side of the front entrance at Burgundian in Green Lake. The signs are required to be posted at the entrances to areas designated by the Liquor Control Board as off-limits to people under 21. Burgundian has, instead, posted them at the entrance to the restaurant.

Is the LCB the correct agency to complain to? Should I also ask Burgundian to correct the postings? It's not merely that they're in the wrong place; they aren't in the right place, either.

Contact the restaurant first, then let them know you will contact the LCB if they want to be stupid. Sometime a little politely given info can have the desired effect.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    The white and green signs have been moved to the windows on either side of the front entrance at Burgundian in Green Lake. The signs are required to be posted at the entrances to areas designated by the Liquor Control Board as off-limits to people under 21. Burgundian has, instead, posted them at the entrance to the restaurant.

Is the LCB the correct agency to complain to? Should I also ask Burgundian to correct the postings? It's not merely that they're in the wrong place; they aren't in the right place, either.
    I've never been, but does the Burgundian change to a 21+ establishment after 9pm like some places do?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've never been, but does the Burgundian change to a 21+ establishment after 9pm like some places do?
    It doesn't matter. Guns-in-bars restrictions only apply if the LCB designates the area as off-limits to under-21, not if the establishment designates the area as off-limits to under-21. I have found no law that elevates establishment designations to de facto LCB designations.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=123718

It looks as if it is liquor license related (there are multiple types in WA). If the Burgundian only has a tavern license, then 21+ applies all the time, so front entrance signage would be appropriate.

If the Burgundian upgraded their license to a restaurant one, then they wouldn't have to have 21+ sign.

Nice little law (sarcasm), it doesn't specify anything; it lets the LCB make up their own policies. Other than that, it looks like the LCB determines the area based on submitted floor plans during the application process.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 11-13-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    It doesn't matter. Guns-in-bars restrictions only apply if the LCB designates the area as off-limits to under-21, not if the establishment designates the area as off-limits to under-21. I have found no law that elevates establishment designations to de facto LCB designations.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=123718

There are some establishments that are "restaurants" during the day and "bars" at night. During the day when operating as a "restaurant" only the bar area is designated 21 and up by the LCB, at night when they are "bars" the LCB designates the entire establishment as 21 and up. From what I understand, one of the things that may cause this is that the kitchen closes and they stop serving food, or go to a partial menu. So in these cases it is not the establishment making the decision to prohibit adults under 21 from entering, but is the decision of the LCB.

To be in compliance with the RCW such a business should remove the sign at the front door during the day, and replace it at night. Personally, if I noticed the sign was in the wrong place I would consider informing the manager or owner in an attempt to educate. I would be very hesitant to complain to any government agency. If I noticed their was no sign at all, I would not say anything to any government agency at all. I do not feel like helping them enforce their unconstitutional law(s).

Dont forget that there is nothing prohibiting a restaurant from placing their own "no guns" sign at the front door, or adopting their own "no gun" policy. (Not saying you or anyone implied such, just clarifying)
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Dont forget that there is nothing prohibiting a restaurant from placing their own "no guns" sign at the front door, or adopting their own "no gun" policy. (Not saying you or anyone implied such, just clarifying)
    Yes, but that sign wouldn't carry the weight of law - such as a LCB sign. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and call the cops to arrest you for trespassing if you refuse to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Benja455 View Post
    Yes, but that sign wouldn't carry the weight of law - such as a LCB sign. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and call the cops to arrest you for trespassing if you refuse to leave.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801