• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police got my info from youtube

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
This is what I posted in the Ohio post when I got the call.

Cincinnati PD LT. called ME She said she had talked with the Sgt.
and informed him of the open carry laws. He had been working as a investigator and just been promoted to Sgt. and asked if I wanted to make a complaint I said no that I was ok with him learning from this.
She also said she has worked events and has seen me at some of them
How does she know what I look like
She also said after I asked that there computer people had got my name, phone # and E-mail address.
Big Brother is watching
Maybe the cops caught you on body cam or dash cam and related it back to incident. Onthe one hand they tracked you down reminding us how not anonymous most of the web is. On the other they followed up to see if you wanted to file complaint. You said learning exp. Good for both sides on that.

Yard Sale

I have a few videos that have been targets of copyright infringers and I always file a claim with YouTube or LiveLeak to get them pulled from the fraudsters. The host gives the fraudster my name. A couple butt-hurt fraudsters have fought back and one made my name/info public.

FreeInAZ

As others have pointed out CPD, was passively enforcing opinion. They want the OP to stop a LEGAL activity, so they will go out of their way to make him as uncomfortable as possible. Also noting the the demographics in the park, the CPD wanted to put on a good show so the folks in the park would think OC was illegal, looks like they accomplished that mission.

The OP should FOIA CPD & his local police department for any communications containing his legal name & address. I suspect he has been placed on a "watch list" for agitators / activists. :(

What we see here are OEO (opinion enforcement officers) at work. The supervisor did his best to spin it & make the OCer look like "another OC trouble maker just trying to bait us poor, abused cops... " Insert crying baby sound track here:

"The children...the children...God forbid they see a U.S. Citizen who is peaceful and knows his rights, let alone take responsibility for his own safety... WE will lose our job security if THEY all figure that concept out....can't have that, can WE? Call for back up! Hut hut hut hut!"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOvm_RMlkok

/off Sarcasm.

Logan 5

I don't think it was a cop. They have better and easier ways to get your info.

papa bear

a little of Topic

was that the video in question? if so why did you follow the officer all the way to where you finally said, "am i being detained"?

was carry banned in the park? did you go back to the park? did you have legitimate business there?
what would be the problem with them knowing who you are? aside from the fact they may have gained it illegaly

keep carrying and keep posting