• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Under 21 OPEN CARRY

Hazime

If you look carefully at 790.053, 790.06, & 790.25, I'm confident I can open carry at my house/ business because no age is specified. I've read through all of those statutes and I'm currently 20 years old. I graduated the police academy earlier this year and am in the hiring process at a local law enforcement agency. I called the senates office and spoke with someone who agreed with me, but I wanted to run it by this forum and confirm it with some of you guys. The specified terms in those statutes are "person" and "citizen" in reference to those who can open carry. I work as the manager at a store and I got the approval of the owner to open carry. I just don't want to run into any legal problems that could jeopardize my opportunity in law enforcement. Any and all input is appreciated.

Rich7553

790.25 applies to any non-prohibited person, 18 or older.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rich7553

Under the exceptions in (3), yes. However be prepared for law enforcement not to be aware.

Hazime

Under the exceptions in (3), yes. However be prepared for law enforcement not to be aware.

Yeah, I'm going into the law enforcement field and I think that all of them should review a little more law, or go on one of these forums where the community is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I'm not trying to gain any negative attention from law enforcement, but having rights and not carrying them out simply because some deputies/officers are less aware of laws is ridiculous and unjust. Thanks for the advice though.