• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"You people make me sick" .. MA meeting on banning smokes ...

davidmcbeth

Banned
These bannings are getting too complicated. I propose we instead make a short list of things that are allowed.

haha when i suggested this approach with banks and credit cards, instead of congress just telling them that this and that is not allowed wherein they just make up new ways of gouging, my congressman looked at me like I was from Mars.

All idiots. They must have extra virus infected water in DC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

SpringerXDacp

Officials say they are fed up with tobacco products that appeal to young people. They say the easiest course of action is a total ban on sales within town lines.

Huh? In terms of tobacco products, the only change I've noticed, for the most part, is the cost. I recall buying Marlboro's for 25 cents a pack. What appeal?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Huh? In terms of tobacco products, the only change I've noticed, for the most part, is the cost. I recall buying Marlboro's for 25 cents a pack. What appeal?

People started buying smokes online ... now the law is no credit card sales for smokes ... people send checks now or roll their own.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
People started buying smokes online ... now the law is no credit card sales for smokes ... people send checks now or roll their own.

Cite please.

Using a credit card to purchase tobacco is as far as I know legal everywhere. Think you mean welfare debit cards cannot be used to buy tobacco or liquor in MA and perhaps other states.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cite please.

Using a credit card to purchase tobacco is as far as I know legal everywhere. Think you mean welfare debit cards cannot be used to buy tobacco or liquor in MA and perhaps other states.

Federal law ... you cannot buy smokes online w/CC .. I was talking about people buying smokes from overseas.

Posting did say "online"...

Its commonly known law, no need for cite.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Federal law ... you cannot buy smokes online w/CC .. I was talking about people buying smokes from overseas.

Posting did say "online"...

Its commonly known law, no need for cite.

Cite the federal law if you please sir.

The law is not commonly know - cite it.

"We are an online vendor of cigarettes and tobacco products and we can get your favorite brand of cigarette to you quickly and inexpensively. Save your cash for something else and buy cigarette with credit card."
http://www.buycigarettesonline.org/buy-cigarette-with-credit-card-major.html

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cite the federal law if you please sir.

The law is not commonly know - cite it.

"We are an online vendor of cigarettes and tobacco products and we can get your favorite brand of cigarette to you quickly and inexpensively. Save your cash for something else and buy cigarette with credit card."
http://www.buycigarettesonline.org/buy-cigarette-with-credit-card-major.html

I think it was part of the federal Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (FSPTCA)

http://www.greensheet.com/gs_archive.php?issue_number=050401&story=4
And others ^^

Last edited: