• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you're gonna use a gun, use the right one, and learn to use it right!

TFred

This is an awful story, with local ties. I know the family of Bethany, and I really can't imagine the pain they have endured for the past five years.

If you're going to use a gun for self-defense, pick one that will work, and learn to use it effectively. The gun-grabbers will be all over this story, blaming the victim for having a gun. :(

TFred

Last person to see Bethany Decker charged with trying to kill another woman

Thomas said Vickie Willoughby, described as Roldan's girlfriend, shot Roldan twice -- once in the chest and once in the abdomen. Roldan grabbed Willoughby's 38 caliber handgun and shot her once in the head. She is expected to survive.​

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thomas said Vickie Willoughby, described as Roldan's girlfriend, shot Roldan twice -- once in the chest and once in the abdomen. Roldan grabbed Willoughby's 38 caliber handgun and shot her once in the head.

Read more: http://www.wtop.com/41/3741997/Last...th-trying-to-kill-another-woman#ixzz3J3nWPj00

How is this gonna turn out? They both shot each other. Beyond a reasonable doubt is the yardstick for this case I think.

A 38 to the head? That's usually a harp-music shot.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
She shot him twice. He then grabbed the gun from her and shot her once. And she's the one who shot in self defense?

Yes, I know there is a whole lot of information about the "domestic violence" incident that led up to her shooting him that has not been reported.

I was astounded and flabbergasted to learn that NC law http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-33.html specifically criminalizes with an enhanced penalty the assault of a woman by a male over the age of 18 but does not specifically criminalize with an enhanced penalty the assault of a male by a female over the age of 18. I don't think you would even need a good lawyer to get that one thrown out as unconsitutionally discriminatory based on sex.

TFred - what gun would you have recommended? I've read of folks surviving hits by 12-guage slugs and .50BMG - it's all about shot placement. Lots of places in the gut and chest where you do not do that much damage, and a glancing shot to the head or one through parts that do not control CNS/motor function are survivable.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

The only problem I see is she did not continue to pull the trigger. Looks like she got center mass both times, so claiming she did not know how to use it does not compute. IMO it looks like he is a nut case where being crazy overrode his reaction to being shot. This could happen to anyone, even very well trained agents with large caliber super guns.

scouser

She shot him twice. He then grabbed the gun from her and shot her once. And she's the one who shot in self defense?

Yes, I know there is a whole lot of information about the "domestic violence" incident that led up to her shooting him that has not been reported.

I was astounded and flabbergasted to learn that NC law http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-33.html specifically criminalizes with an enhanced penalty the assault of a woman by a male over the age of 18 but does not specifically criminalize with an enhanced penalty the assault of a male by a female over the age of 18. I don't think you would even need a good lawyer to get that one thrown out as unconsitutionally discriminatory based on sex.

TFred - what gun would you have recommended? I've read of folks surviving hits by 12-guage slugs and .50BMG - it's all about shot placement. Lots of places in the gut and chest where you do not do that much damage, and a glancing shot to the head or one through parts that do not control CNS/motor function are survivable.

stay safe.

Back in the late 1980s there was a guy I worked with who was shot in the gut at point blank range with a shotgun on his doorstep and he survived. Apparently his wife had hired a hitman for whatever reason. He ended up forgiving her and visiting her many times in prison while he waited for her to be released

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Back in the late 1980s there was a guy I worked with who was shot in the gut at point blank range with a shotgun on his doorstep and he survived. Apparently his wife had hired a hitman for whatever reason. He ended up forgiving her and visiting her many times in prison while he waited for her to be released

Back in the 70's a SPD officer was shot off duty in a park at point blank range with a rifle and survived. But it got really screwy when the details started to emerge. After finding his story fishy he claimed that he attempted to commit suicide, but failed. The truth finally came out that he was boinking a SPPD officer when his wife caught them and shot him in the chest. No charges were ever filed though, guess it would have been a nightmare to try to get a conviction when he already claimed he was committing suicide.

twoskinsonemanns

You should not be. It's a disturbing cultural movement. Pop over to good ol Merriam Webster and look at the definition of a masculinist and feminist.

Basically a masculinist is a person that support male supremacy.
A feminist is people that believe in equal rights.

How does that make sense? So the definition of a feminist is... just a normal person who thinks everyone is equal? So by definition all decent people are feminist.

dafuq?

wittmeba

Just another perspective.

What is Willoughby reason for self defense? Did the boyfriend attack her? No mention that I read.

If he got the gun from her, would the lawyers feel he is no longer considered to be in fear for his life? Unless he was wounded to the point he felt he could not fight back - perhaps.

davidmcbeth

Banned

She was... to good too be true .... like charlie song about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GePHDjiHb8o