• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this woman one of our own here on the blog?

Law abider

From the Pierce County Herald:A woman fought off a robber in Milwaukee yesterday, as they exchanged gunshots. It happened around 2:30 p.m. in a northwest side neighborhood. Police said a man approached the 36-year-old woman, pulled a gun on her, and demanded her belongings. The woman then pulled out her own weapon and fired several shots. He shot back and then ran away. The woman was not hurt. Police could not say if the runaway robber was injured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From the Pierce County Herald:A woman fought off a robber in Milwaukee yesterday, as they exchanged gunshots. It happened around 2:30 p.m. in a northwest side neighborhood. Police said a man approached the 36-year-old woman, pulled a gun on her, and demanded her belongings. The woman then pulled out her own weapon and fired several shots. He shot back and then ran away. The woman was not hurt. Police could not say if the runaway robber was injured.
Do you have a link to the article?

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

All of the reports and all of the threads about this self defense shooting describe a 36 YO woman.

A 19 YO man went to a hospital with a gun shot wound. there is a thread and a link.

BTW,, I know a woman, in Milwaukee, that is an Open Carrier, many of us do.
IDK, but she should be about 36 YO, she posts on this forum.

I hope it wasnt her,, but if it is,,, Good shooting, and KYBMS, call your lawyer!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All of the reports and all of the threads about this self defense shooting describe a 36 YO woman.

A 19 YO man went to a hospital with a gun shot wound. there is a thread and a link.

I hope it wasnt her,, but if it is,,, Good shooting, and KYBMS, call your lawyer!

Yep sure do, but will wait for her to acknowledge or disavow. Can someone local known to her touch base privately? If confirmed, make her aware that there are those amongst us that stand ready to offer assistance.

The thought also occurs to me that if not her, she may well know who was involved.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
An unauthorized person on her land? And she shot at them? Say no more ... clearly justified in this case.

I would not have called the cops at all. Nor answered the door if they stopped by for a visit.

The Truth

An unauthorized person on her land? And she shot at them? Say no more ... clearly justified in this case.

I would not have called the cops at all. Nor answered the door if they stopped by for a visit.

Sure, just leave the body to lay on your land, eh? Hmm...

MKEgal

1245A Defender said:
Nope, not me, but not too far away from my home either. (And I know to call my lawyer, not talk with police other than to say, "he was attacking me, he had a pistol, I feared for my life, I want my lawyer".)

Wish I knew who the woman was, so we can track when the police give her back her pistol. (Given the history of Milwaukee PD, I'm sure they arrested her & stole her property.)

And while I've been told I look younger than I am, esp. since I've been shrinking & becoming less of a person*, I don't think I look that much younger. :D But I'd like to.
* Just over 60 lb down so far this year; aiming for at least 75 by 01JAN

BTW, this other thread says that the attacker did show up at a hospital :monkey
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ect-from-W-Green-Tree-Rd-shows-up-at-hospital