• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

“Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootogether”

Craftymommy

My fellow Open Carriers!

The votes are in and it’s unanimous! The members here at Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada have decided to have a shootogether. ALL law abiding citizens, whether you open or conceal carry, is cordially invited! Let’s get out there and test that marksmanship. Molon Labe!

All persons whom wish to attend this event are asked to meet up at the designated origination location so a head count can be made and a caravan formed for the shoot out.

The info is as follows:

Date: November 22, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. (please arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.)
Origination Location: Jack in the Box
4161 St. Rose Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89044
P: (702) 260-8596

Hope to see you there! Please remember to bring ALL your safety equipment (eyes, ears, etc.) for the shootout. Also, remember to bring any “toys” you wish to fire and all ammo necessary. As a precaution, it is recommended that all participants utilize factory load ammo (we don’t want to have any “Kabooms”). Of course, the more friends you bring the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

Raleigh

Me and my boy will be there!
I needed a reason to get a target stand anyhow, this is as good a reason as any!

Vegassteve

As a precaution, it is recommended that all participants utilize factory load ammo (we don’t want to have any “Kabooms”).

That is absolutely ridiculous. That is just as bad as an anti saying they are scared of a holstered firearm. Many of us reload only, and do so without any issues. We try to educate the antis and inform them. You as a firearm owner should be just as informed and understand that reloading is not some wacky thing only a few people do. When the stores do not have ammo reloaders do.

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...As a precaution, it is recommended that all participants utilize factory load ammo (we don’t want to have any “Kabooms”). Of course, the more friends you bring the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

That is absolutely ridiculous. That is just as bad as an anti saying they are scared of a holstered firearm. Many of us reload only, and do so without any issues. We try to educate the antis and inform them. You as a firearm owner should be just as informed and understand that reloading is not some wacky thing only a few people do. When the stores do not have ammo reloaders do.

I don't think she meant any harm by it, she may have simply been referring to reloaded ammo from suspect sources (bubba at the gun show, the neighbor next door who claims to make the "one-shot stop" load for every caliber, etc.).
Maybe it would have read "As a precaution, it is recommended that all participants utilize ammo from trusted sources"?

Speaking only for myself, I have little trust in reloaded ammo unless I personally know the reloader; it took no less than FOUR trusted acquaintances recommending Triune Defense remanufactured ammo for me to buy some of it, and even then I made sure to confirm the existence of their "insurance" for any damage to the gun caused by their ammunition.

Vegassteve

I don't think she meant any harm by it, she may have simply been referring to reloaded ammo from suspect sources (bubba at the gun show, the neighbor next door who claims to make the "one-shot stop" load for every caliber, etc.).
Maybe it would have read "As a precaution, it is recommended that all participants utilize ammo from trusted sources"?

Speaking only for myself, I have little trust in reloaded ammo unless I personally know the reloader; it took no less than FOUR trusted acquaintances recommending Triune Defense remanufactured ammo for me to buy some of it, and even then I made sure to confirm the existence of their "insurance" for any damage to the gun caused by their ammunition.

Maybe that what was meant, I dont know, because that is not what was stated. Myself and a few others here shoot in matches every weekend with sometimes as many as 40 plus other people in the match. I would say 90%+ all use reloads that we all make ourselves. Otherwise the sport would not be affordable and we couldnt tailor loads to the specific needs of the match. And the blanket statement that was made about reloads was very uninformed.

Craftymommy

This is from SharpShootur originally. The "No Reloads" is a safety precaution. If you know your sources are reliable, by all means use it! However if you are going to try it for the first time and got it from someone you know from a friend's cousin's uncle's daughter? We rather it not be with the group until you test it alone first:)