• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raising Canes is raising confusion!!!!

Vegassteve

I went so far as to send him some of my receipts from when I did eat there to show them that I was, was, a customer. Now I am sending them my Mickey Ds, and Popeyes receipts.

HPmatt

I'll see if there is signage next time I go by the one here in Dallas.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Jeff Hayes

Email sent, my wife and I almost ate at the Raising Cains' in Avondale Az last Tuesday, glad we did not. Before anyone starts I realize it is a different franchise in a different state but not dining at any of their restaurants is much easier and effective than trying to only exclude some franchises.

Vegassteve

Email sent, my wife and I almost ate at the Raising Cains' in Avondale Az last Tuesday, glad we did not. Before anyone starts I realize it is a different franchise in a different state but not dining at any of their restaurants is much easier and effective than trying to only exclude some franchises.

Well done. Thanks for your help. We need to be one loud voice.

renoglock22

I went to the Reno location the other day and had noticed the signs. I posted about it in the OC how did it go section. The signs are new, I used to OC in there when they first opened and never had an issue. They also cut back on their veteran's discount.

At Ease

Raising Canes Reply

This is the detailed reply I got:

(Edited):

Thank you for taking the time to write us. It is our policy as a private business not to allow open carry weapons in the building (with exception of police). We will not approach individuals who properly, and with a license, conceal their weapons. Additionally, we respect the right for all to carry. However for the comfort of families, particularly children, we do not allow for open carry in our buildings. Leaving a weapon locked in a vehicle or utilizing drive thru are both viable options. We would certainly not approach it from a ‘trespass’ perspective since we realize and respect the rights and law but have a certain environment we seek to create from type of music, to uniform, etc.

Bottom line, we tell our team that a mother with her two small children needs to be comfortable in our locations at 9am and 9pm alike. There shouldn’t be offensive music, crew that aren’t willing to smile and address them clearly and lastly, a weapon that the mother has to explain to her children. If carrying concealed isn’t an option for you, then our drive thru is always available. If this is reason enough for your to stay away from our business let alone tell others to avoid, I would certainly ask you to reconsider this.

You left your cell phone number and I would be happy to call and discuss this with you and/or feel free to call me on mine, 310-562-1312. This is a passionate issue for many people as well as myself. However, we are more concerned with creating jobs, contributing to the many non-profit charities we do each year, and helping advance the careers of young men and women who work for us. It isn’t a political issue for us and certainly one we feel isn’t worth deliberately driving people away from a family running their local business such as my brother and myself are daily.

Thank you (Edited), I look forward to speaking with you if you like.

Take care.

Justin Micatrotto | Chief Marketing Officer | MRG Marketing & Management, Inc.
v702.365.9221, x205 | f702.251.9221 | m310.562.1312
1215 S. Fort Apache Road, Suite 240 | Las Vegas, Nevada 89117

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
. . . and certainly one we feel isn’t worth deliberately driving people away from a family running their local business . . .

They apparently feel that it's worth driving ME and MY family and friends away. I refuse to use the drive-thru "back entrance," simply because the color of my pistol offends some bigots.

I would point out that the Boston Market in Reno (about a mile from Raising Canes) TOOK DOWN their no-guns sign a while back. I guess they realized just how many of their guests come from outside the metropolitan area, and thus were likely to be armed as a matter of course.

garand_guy

Seems like he cleaned up his replies a bit more after the outcry.

irst off, Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for taking the time to write us. It is our policy as a private business not to allow open carry weapons in the building (with exception of police). We will not approach individuals who properly, and with a license, conceal their weapons. Additionally, we respect the right for all to carry. However for the comfort of families, particularly children, we do not allow for open carry in our buildings. Leaving a weapon locked in a vehicle or utilizing drive thru are both viable options. We train managers to approach these issues with sensitivity and professionalism because it is your legal right to carry.

Bottom line, we tell our team that a mother with her two small children needs to be comfortable in our locations at 9am and 9pm alike. She should never be put in a position to explain offensive music, crew that aren’t willing to smile and address them clearly and lastly, why someone has a weapon out in the open in front of her children. If carrying concealed isn’t an option for you, then our drive thru is always available. If this is reason enough for your to stay away from our business let alone tell others to avoid, I would certainly ask you to reconsider this.

My brother and I brought this franchise to town ten years ago. In that time, we have created over 500 jobs and in 2015 will have donated over 100 thousand dollars to charities serving our local community. These dollars support widowed officers, military groups, and various different children’s group. When someone deliberately tells people to avoid a business simply because we ask that the weapon remain concealed or at the very least utilize our drive thru lane, it only hurts those groups. The government puts enough obstacles in our way, we would hope our community wouldn’t stay away simply over this issue. We have no problem with guns, we own them, and support those who do so properly and stand for those rights. However, we care about the family friendly environment of our restaurants the most and that is the reason for our policy. There are a large number of professions in this state that wouldn’t allow a weapon in their place of business. If there was an accounting office, for example, would you suggest that CPA who wants to put food on his table not take a job with that company?

I would be happy to call and discuss this with you and feel free to call me on my cell phone, 310-562-1312 (I live in Las Vegas). This is a passionate issue for many people as well as myself and we really do appreciate your care and time to reach out to us.

Lastly, we would also like to thank your members for pointing out the open carry law in the first place. We have received some conflicting information over the years (even from law enforcement) but were not aware of the ability to open carry without penalty in a large number of venues in our state. That being said, our policy is what it is.

I look forward to speaking with you if you like.

Take care.

I have no desire to argue with this guy or point out his logical fallacies. If they don't want us to open carry, then they don't get our business.

Maybe I should ask him to ban people who wear hoodies, sag their pants, wear turbans, revealing clothing, etc. because it might make me feel uncomfortable.

I think we should just enjoy the irony and lament the stupidity.