• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raising Canes is raising confusion!!!!

Jeannette

This was posted on a FB page and I was given permission to share this gentlemans story.

I contact Canes vis their "Contact Us" area on their web site. Here is the message I sent, I have noticed that the Raising Canes in Las Vegas are displaying signs indicating that firearms are not allowed. Is this a company wide policy, or is it left up to the individual managers? As a veteran, a ccw holder and a supporter of the 2nd amendment this is a matter that greatly concerns me and would like to know the reasoning why. I await your response. I'll post their response if I get one.

Going back to our conversation about Rasing Canes, I got a reply from them and thought I'd share.
Mr. Hartig:
Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us about this issue. First and foremost, I am a proud gun owner as is my brother (we’re the partners of this franchise group) and are fully aware of the responsibility it takes to get your CCW. I haven’t met a responsible gun owner who lacks passion on this subject and understand the importance of a response. I can also tell you, we are not patting people down as they enter our locations and you will not be approached unless you are carrying an unlicensed open carry in our locations. If it is concealed, then it should not be an issue. Our managers are not told to approach the table.
For us, it is a matter of perception for mothers with their children and while there is a large portion of guests who feel more comfortable knowing weapons are allowed in a public place, there is also a larger portion who do not.
If a gun is concealed then it shouldn’t be an issue. I appreciate you being forthright and proactive once you saw the sign, but no one is going to ask you to leave your weapons in the car unless you draw attention to them, which I fully trust you do not. The sign protects us in the event someone is discussing their concealed weapon out loud or draws attention to the fact they are carrying in a concealed fashion. We then would approach the table and ask them to remove it from the premises.
We are not asking you to compromise your families safety in the slightest but have this in place to provide an atmosphere/perception for those who are uncomfortable with the thought of guns being around them in public. I hope this explanation provides some but of insight and hopefully lets you know the owners of this restaurant respect and appreciate those who take the responsibility seriously and welcome you in any time. If you have any other questions, comments, or advice I am happy to discuss this with you personally.
Thank you for your time and concern.
Justin Micatrotto | Chief Marketing Officer | MRG Marketing & Management, Inc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Heaven forbid that anyone should exercise their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Amendment rights in a manner that anyone else would recognize - might be asked to leave it in your vehicle. :uhoh:

Raleigh

I have only been to Cane's once and didn't much care for the product they serve, this only reiterates that I will not return to one in the future.

turborich

I've been to Canes several times here in Vegas. I've never looked for any signage but never had an issue open carrying in Canes. Their chicken and fries are great!

We'll see what happens the next time I go in.

wrightme

I have only been to Cane's once and didn't much care for the product they serve, this only reiterates that I will not return to one in the future.

I went once in Reno. I asked what sauces they had, and they said just the one on the chicken. I was underwhelmed with the flavor, and probably will not go back.

ed2276

I've been to Cane's once (drive-thru) and didn't care for the food. Their irrational position on open carry is just another reason, beside poor product, for me not to do business there.

Vegassteve

I got a response back. He is very confused as to the law. I pointed him to this thread and the nv law thread.

Apparently, my reply to Ken Hartig has been shared and you all have some questions and confusion on our policy.

Bottom line, you will not be approached and asked if you are carrying a weapon unless you give us reason, for example, it’s no longer concealed, which is against the law.

We are aware of the laws and have family and friends who carry their CCW.

Our policy doesn’t fall outside of any NV state laws and as long as you are keeping within them, we will never know you have a weapon on premises.

If anyone is unaware of this law or doesn’t follow it, they and their weapon will be asked to leave the property.

The owners of this company are gun owners, members of NRA, and supporters of the 2nd amendment.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or further confusion on the policy. If you would please pass this word along to your group it would be appreciated.

Justin Micatrotto | Chief Marketing Officer | MRG Marketing & Management, Inc.

v702.365.9221, x205 | f702.251.9221 | m310.562.1312

1215 S. Fort Apache Road, Suite 240 | Las Vegas, Nevada 89117

justinmicatrotto@mrgmm.com | www.mrgmm.com

A proud Raising Canes Chicken Fingers® Franchisee | follow us on: cid:image001.png@01CFD973.D265D830 cid:image002.png@01CFD973.D265D830

www.raisingcanes.com

cid:image003.jpg@01CFD973.D265D830

A Proud Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers® Franchisee

Craftymommy

I got a response back. He is very confused as to the law. I pointed him to this thread and the nv law thread.

Apparently, my reply to Ken Hartig has been shared and you all have some questions and confusion on our policy.

{{cut}}

I got the exact same email. It was sent to a few people according to my copy at least.

I responded back that he still did not know the laws even though he claimed to know them. In my initial response I even included the laws regarding firearms in Nevada...I also let him know that thousand's of Nevadans would not be visiting that business anymore. He is a California transplant.

Let our money do the talking. Just hope MDA doesn't hear of them or they will consider it a victory and they did nothing.

At Ease

my reply

Sir,

Many Nevadan citizens have contacted you in recent weeks concerning your companies firearm policy. Myself being a frequent customer in Reno NV along with a few of my co-workers, I was disappointed to hear that lawful open carry is not allowed in your stores. The open carry of a firearm is and has been legal in Nevada since statehood was established. There is no Nevada Statute, city or county ordinance that forbids it. While you may govern the rules of your own property and can legally trespass anyone you wish, openly carrying a firearm is a completely legal practice in Nevada. I hope that you remove any signage that is currently on your doors that is not in line with state law so that my associates and myself can continue to enjoy your products and friendly staff. Thank you for your time.

garand_guy

My reply

Hello, my organization has recently become aware of some misinformation promulgated by yourself regarding your business's policy on openly carried firearms.

Nevada has no law prohibiting open carry of firearms; no license is required unless one conceals a weapon.

Many of our supports and those who support the right to self-defense will not be patronizing your business. We do not support business that do not respect our rights and demonstrate ignorance of the law especially when information contrary to the truth it is presented in an assuming manner.

While we respect your rights as private property owners, you will not receive our business or our support. Please educate yourself on Nevada laws and respect the culture of Nevada.

For more information regarding Nevada's firearm laws, please visit the below link.

Thank you,

G- J- , President, Nevada Carry