• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parentage of Fryberg?

Mainsail

Am I missing something? The kid who brought a gun to the school in Bremerton and accidentally shot a classmate generated a ton of news stories and speculation about the home situation and his parents. Same for the kid that fired the gun hidden under the seat while the guy was pumping gas. Same for....EVERY discharge of a firearm by a kid in this state.

Fryberg shoots and kills several classmates and I haven't heard squat about the parents. His twitter page is still up and he's got over 12K followers!

Why aren't we hearing anything about where he got the gun, or what his home life was like? Why isn't the news all over this?

Difdi

Why isn't the news all over this?

Because the little news media outlets get their feeds from the big names, and the big names are owned by the same group of billionaires who poured so much money into getting I-594 passed. The Big Media reporter who tries to put the blame on anything other than Evil Guns™ isn't employed as a reporter for very long.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
OP must be missing something...here's just one story..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ille-high-school-shooting-911-calls-released/

next time, try google

This is what you can find when someone asks where the scoop is on the parents of a school shooter? A suggestion that he had some?

Where's the dirt on how they raised the kid, or what kind of neighborhood they lived in? Got anything about the relationships between the shooter and the victims - other than that they were related?

As a font of information you seem at best to dribble.

staay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Doesn't begin to address the issues raised by the OP.

I think the OP claims that the media had ignored the incident are bogus.

I'm not going to do his research for him to find out whatever answers he is seeking.

Not unless he wants to pay me...for something that requires no expertise other than to begin a google search.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I will echo the main question as posed by the OP!

It is the same as mine since this happened,,, and it is local to me, so I payed attention, read all the articles...

Where did the Boy,,, Get the GUN!!!???????

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the OP claims that the media had ignored the incident are bogus.

I'm not going to do his research for him to find out whatever answers he is seeking.

Not unless he wants to pay me...for something that requires no expertise other than to begin a google search.
Reading comprehension is a skill, not an art. The OP made no such allegation.

His salient points were: haven't heard squat about the parents, about where he got the gun, and what his home life was like. All questions/answers your link also lacks.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Reading comprehension is a skill, not an art. The OP made no such allegation.

His salient points were: haven't heard squat about the parents, about where he got the gun, and what his home life was like. All questions/answers your link also lacks.

As I said before, I had no intention of answering his questions until I think he actually TRIED to answer his own queries.

Mainsail

Wow.

I started the thread with, "Am I missing something?" That should tell you I looked but never found anything. I'm not sure who p**d in davidmcbeth's cornflakes this morning but it wasn't me.

I just want to know if it was being reported and maybe I missed it somewhere, but so far I haven't seen even one mention of the parents or where he got the gun. The local media has historically gone after those issues like rabid dogs, and the national media did as well for Columbine and Newton.

This time there's a deafening silence on those issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow.

I started the thread with, "Am I missing something?" That should tell you I looked but never found anything. I'm not sure who p**d in davidmcbeth's cornflakes this morning but it wasn't me.

--snaipped--.
I think maybe David likes the attention his bright, dancing light brings.

Primus

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/2...oter-at-washington-school.html?referrer=&_r=0

Well that took a lot.... First page of google. Talks about his family and his parents and him growing up on Indian reservation.

I fail to see the conspiracy..... I agree it doesn't answer how he got the gun. But that's probably because the reservation isn't allowing reporters to dig too deep. I can imagine they wouldn't want that mess on their land.

Also as far as his his home life, seems not much to report. Everyone interviewed said the kid was a good kid. Nothing to report.

Primus

Wow.

I just want to know if it was being reported and maybe I missed it somewhere, but so far I haven't seen even one mention of the parents or where he got the gun. The local media has historically gone after those issues like rabid dogs, and the national media did as well for Columbine and Newton.

This time there's a deafening silence on those issues.
http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/jaylen-fryberg-pilchuck-high-school-shooting/

This also goes on to discuss parents and firearms. I agree it still doesn't say where he got that exact pistol. But I'd think it came from his house and probably unsecured.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yes. It tends to get very boring when the"group" starts in on someone like this. The thread deteriorates and holds no meaning other than "cop bashing". Sad, they have much to offer but choose to be derisive instead.

I fail to see the conspiracy..... I agree it doesn't answer how he got the gun. But that's probably because the reservation isn't allowing reporters to dig too deep. I can imagine they wouldn't want that mess on their land.

Kind of a "closed community". The First Nation People tend to keep their own dirt on their own land. They even have their own "Tribal Police".

Geerolla

Regardless of whether they're able to get results, it's how the media treats this kind of event. There was a national NBC article that literally said "we may never know" why Fryberg did this. Really? Any mope with Google can find his Twitter feed and figure out EXACTLY why he did it and also get the idea that the parenting of this kid was next to non-existent. Instead they say, "it's a mystery!" and imply the gun had something to do with it. There's no "conspiracy", but the media clearly treats these incidents differently, as the OP stated.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Last edited:

Primus

Yes. It tends to get very boring when the"group" starts in on someone like this. The thread deteriorates and holds no meaning other than "cop bashing". Sad, they have much to offer but choose to be derisive instead.

Kind of a "closed community". The First Nation People tend to keep their own dirt on their own land. They even have their own "Tribal Police".
Agreed. I actually met a MSG over seas (our security team leader) who worked down south as a deputy. He explained about tribal territories and his he basically had no authority there and would only go if asked for assistance. I'd put money on the fact that's why not much info other then the basics has come out. They are smart enough to keep people away.

Dave in Edmonds

It is because the kid was of Native American heritage and we all know that we can't offend them.

17wmt-articleLarge.jpg