• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who here is willing to be an ACTIVIST for Amendment 5?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
As posted to the Facebook page of Open Carry in Missouri: https://www.facebook.com/groups/107846675926969/861265853918377

Who here is willing to be an ACTIVIST?

Who lives in or is willing to be a local contact for me in a municipality which purports to have the ability to legally ban OC, for all except for those with CCW permits?

The work would involve submitting and receiving records requests, and possibly writing or communicating with the powers-that-be regarding their laws and their willingness to enforce them.

I am NOT asking anyone to OC in such places, but would be glad to find someone who was willing to do so.

Any takers?

LMTD and I have heard, in various places, more people than I can count say:

- "It's gonna take someone being arrested to find out what Amendment 5 means" or

- "MO is not a constitutional carry state yet - let me know when it is" or

- "I think you're right, but I'm not willing to be arrested for it" or

- "If you want to be the test case, be my guest" or

- <fill in the blanks>

I think you get my drift...

So, with this new and improved method, you don't have to worry about those things! :cool:

If you'll PM me your e-mail address, after you pass the rigorous background check ;), I'll send you some information and a sample records request you can use to get the ball rolling in your favorite anti-gun, Amendment 5 ignoring community. What could be easier?

LET'S ROLL!

Last edited:

Oramac

I'd be interested in doing a little bit of records research/requests. As I've said before, I don't have the resources to be a "test case", so to speak, but I'll certainly help move the ball forward if I can.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'd be interested in doing a little bit of records research/requests. As I've said before, I don't have the resources to be a "test case", so to speak, but I'll certainly help move the ball forward if I can.
Excellent! Thanks for your reply. I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate your willingness to pitch in.

I'll describe/answer what I can here publicly, then take things to PM because I don't want to show my/our hand to various powers-that-be. If I speak in generalities, that's why.

The current state of affairs is that this is a research project which will lay the groundwork for bigger things. As far as no-CCW OC carry, we're nowhere near that right now, and if you're unable or unwilling to do so when or if we get there, that's no problem. I appreciate all that you're willing to do.

I'm trying to get a geographically diverse group of people who live in or near anti-OC communities to submit records request(s) to those communities. I'll help you construct a request, then ask you to send it off. I'll also be glad to help you followup as may be necessary. I'll explain privately how costs will be handled.

Do you live in or near a community that is anti-OC? Please tell me more about the community where you live or the one(s) you're considering communicating with, especially as it applies to OC. If you'd like to share that information privately, PM me. Also, via PM I will eventually need your e-mail address and would prefer to have your phone number (to save typing), and I will supply you mine, also via PM.

THANKS again!

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks for the PM. Info has been e-mailed to you.