Thread: Buffalo Police to Confiscate Guns from Families of Dead Relatives

Buffalo Police to Confiscate Guns from Families of Dead Relatives

Buffalo Police to Confiscate Guns from Families of Dead Relatives

Buffalo New York to confiscate guns of deceased gun owners using a little known law that was rarely enforced. The law applies to handguns only and should not apply to long guns.

http://republicbroadcasting.org/buff...ead-relatives/

"...there is a little known law that has rarely been enforced that says that the family of a permitted gun owner who dies has 15 days to dispose of all firearms or turn them over to the police. If caught violating the law, which is a misdemeanor, the survivors in possession of the guns could face up to a year in jail and fines.

Daniel Derrenda, Buffalo Police Commissioner has just announced that his department is going to start enforcing this law and confiscating the guns that once belonged to legal permit holders who have died. "
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

New York: The greatest country in America.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

I only thought I had seen the lowest of the low, but I was wrong. Buffalo police ought to hide their faces in pure shame.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned
    Have pencil and paper .. write out notice of trespass.

They have no idea where the guns are ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Have pencil and paper .. write out notice of trespass.

They have no idea where the guns are ....
    I was thinking the same thing. "....nope, I have no clue where old man Johnson kept his guns. Yes, they were listed in the will, but we have looked all over for them and no luck..."

JC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jc79 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. "....nope, I have no clue where old man Johnson kept his guns. Yes, they were listed in the will, but we have looked all over for them and no luck..."

JC
    Best not to say anything but "get off my land, you are trespassing" and slam the door in their face and dial 911

They always leave....because they know that they are lawbreakers.

Sure. Dial 911 to talk to who? The cops that are there in the first place? I have the US Marshal's, State Police, County Sheriff and my Attorneys numbers on speed dial. Pick the one who will do the most good at the moment. I'm quickly loosing faith in local law-enforcement though.

I think that all of US who have taken up personal arms do so after losing some faith in public servants and their masters.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Is this just a new York law or country wide? Anyone know?

It is a state law, as it applies to "permits" which are only used in anti-freedom states like New York.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It is a state law, as it applies to "permits" which are only used in anti-freedom states like New York.
    Bingo. I feel sorry for those living in the most totalitarian states. Keep up the good fight.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Bingo. I feel sorry for those living in the most totalitarian states. Keep up the good fight.
    You should see the commies in my state when I tell them .. "pass all the laws you want; none of them mean anything." Their heads explode.

anti freedom???????

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You have "freedom" in New York, the "freedom" to do exactly as they tell you to do..............

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    You have "freedom" in New York, the "freedom" to do exactly as they tell you to do..............
    You have the freedom from freedom .. what more do you want?

ooooooooowwww!