Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson and surrounds, keep your powder dry.

Ferguson and surrounds, keep your powder dry.

Best wishes as Nixon Activates Missouri National Guard in Response to Potential ‘Period of Unrest’

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/11/...ational-guard/

http://governor.mo.gov/news/executiv...ve-order-14-14

Drudge: STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED IN FERGUSON

FBI Warns Ferguson Decision ‘Will Likely’ Lead to Violence By Extremists Protester
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-w...ry?id=26980624
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-17-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Reminds me of when oj was acquitted. I was in a certain neighborhood in Boston, and upon hearing the verdict, a certain segment of the local population displayed an overjoyous reaction. It might be a good idea for all to be on their toes when the announcement is made.

Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...ctric-airport/

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForMikeBrownFerguson

Below is the published list of potential St. Louis area targets.
    Potential Action Locations

Robert McCulloch’s office
    St. Louis County Justice Center
    Stephanie Karr’s office
    Olin Corporation Headquarters
    Judge Maura McShane’s courtroom
    St. Louis County Police Department
    Governor Nixon’s Office (Wainwright Building)
    Clayton School District Office
    Department of Justice
    Dean Plocher’s office
    Ronald Brockmeyer’s office
    Dan Boyle’s office
    Thomas Flach’s office
    Regal III Market
    Canfield Green Apartments
    Ferguson Police Department & Jail
    West Florissant Quick Trip
    Missouri Botanical Gradens
    Powell Symphony Hall
    Monsanto Headquarters
    Peabody Energy Headquarters
    Anheuser-Busch Headquarters
    Emerson Electric Headquarters
    Steve Stenger’s lawfirm
    St. Louis Art Museum
    Gateway Arch
    Peabody Opera House
    Ritz Carlton
    Lambert International Airport
    Mayor Slay
    Boeing
    St. Louis City Police Department
    St. Louis Galleria
    Plaza Frontenac
    Six Stars Market
    Colonel Jon Belmar
    Senator Roy Blunt
    Senator Claire McCaskill
    St. Louis City Justice Center
    St. Ann Police Department & Jail
    Clayton City Hall
    GCI Security, Inc.
    St. Louis County Council
    Clayton Police Department & Jail
    Ferguson City Hall
    Lacy Clay’s Office
    Donors
    Husch Blackwell LLP
    Martin Insurance Group LLC
    Stone, Leyton & Gershman
    University Square Company
    Stone & Alter Real Estate
    Carey & Danis LLC
    The Law Firm of Thomas C Antoniou LLC
    Hammond & Shinners Law Firm
    Collinsville Acquisitions Inc
    Thompson Coburn
    Commercial Bank
    Sanctuaries
    Greater St. Mark Family Church
    Veterans for Peace Office
    St. John’s Episcopal Church
    Hospitals
    St. Louis University Hospital
    SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center
    SSM St. Mary’s Health Center
    Barnes Jewish Hospital
    St. Alexius Hospital
    Kindred Hospital
    Southwest Medical Center

The Ferguson Mike Brown protesters are not ruling out violence or looting.

“Rioting and looting are the tools of those without a voice. The rioting and looting, while I didn’t participate in it, was necessary. Without it we would not be standing here today.”

Neither were the Koreans' shops burned in Watts.

Why do I have a rather sick feeling that, should the grand jury "no bill" on this case, that the violence will not be confined to just Missouri?
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Sorry that I didn't catch and post a recent lamestream article on just that subject. Maybe it was in my state newsrag of record ... in Milwaukee, of cautions of violence in all disaffected neighborhoods.

I live on an Island of 600 souls, 98% Scandinavian.

Muslim groups seek to co-opt Ferguson protests. Saracens?

"sing social media, conference calling and traditional outreach methods, leaders of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) are portraying Brown and Detroit mosque leader Imam Luqman Ameen Abdullah as African-American victims of police targeting, according to the Washington-based Center for Security Policy (CSP). In a conference call organized by CAIR-linked "Muslims for Ferguson, a CAIR official called Abdullah a “Shaheed,” or martyr, and said both he and Brown were victims of a national security apparatus that had “completely gone wild” and engaged in “demonizing and criminalizing Muslims.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/18...atchdog-group/

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Why do I have a rather sick feeling that, should the grand jury "no bill" on this case, that the violence will not be confined to just Missouri?
    Funny you mentioned that was just reading a work email on my phone and it contained part of an update bulletin from FBI speaking of exactly what your saying. Discusses fringe groups exploiting the protests and using it as an excuse to attack people.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

DHS is staged. Veteran Fired from Drury Plaza for Posting Photos of dozens of DHS SUV

Yesterday, however that employment abruptly ended. Mark says that on Thursday after work he snapped 2 photographs and a short video of several dozen Homeland Security vehicles in the parking garage. He then uploaded them to his Facebook page. In his post he writes "why are all the cop cars here...I wonder if it has anything to do with Ferguson", he also included the hashtags #Ferguson #NoJusticeNoPeace.

http://www.argusnewsnow.com/story/20...d-security-veh
    icles-on-facebook/156.html

“It’s definitely an overreaction. I feel like they could have handled it better, I mean given us a security meeting possibly and given us details they were coming. I had no clue they were even arriving here. And then I come and see these vehicles here. Obviously I’m going to take a picture, it’s not the normal thing we have 70+ homeland security vehicles there.”

http://fox2now.com/2014/11/17/navy-v...s-on-facebook/

“He called me a terrorist and said I dishonorably served my country for posting those pictures and the short video,” he told the Fox affiliate. “He gave me a threat that if I were to re-post the pictures that I would be locked up and have DHS knocking on my door and all that other stuff.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ed-for-photos/

Everyone's choosing sides. On which side is 1*

Banned
    I'm sure his employer does not want employees taking pics of their guests for what ever reason.

Seems like a reasonable policy for a hotel to have.

Moron wants to post them on his own FB or Twitter or other online acct that IDs him, that's likely going to get him fired.

I don't think the guy is a terrorist or committed anything near being criminal or even civilly actionable.

Just an employer-employee relationship.

And one person can call you the anti-Christ to your face and that's OK; if he spews the terrorist comment to anyone else then he likely would have a defamation suit to contend with. In this instance the "victim" told the world what the guy privately told him and he likely lost any possible defamation suit relief (if any was available and for all I know, the guy who called him a terrorist only said it to the outgoing employee--a personal opinion IMO).
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Must be the camera guy... You know, criminals being scared off by surveillance equipment that just catches the violent acts on camera but doesn't actually help until after the crime has been committed.
    /sarcasm off
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Not sure why the guns are a deterrent. He's not goingnyo shoot both guns one handed. And if I walked in there and shoplifted something is he going to shoot me? What if I break his window? Or if I showed up with lots of guys. He has 1 mag per gun. He going to spray and pray?

Just wondering.... Almost seems worse to show those guns.
    Last edited by Primus; 11-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Not sure why the guns are a deterrent. He's not goingnyo shoot both guns one handed. And if I walked in there and shoplifted something is he going to shoot me? What if I break his window? Or if I showed up with lots of guys. He has 1 mag per gun. He going to spray and pray?

Despite how many violent criminals may show up, I'd say that about 98% of them wouldn't like being shot, even if it meant their buddies five rows back could get in safely after the ammo in the two rifles' magazines had been used up
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm sure his employer does not want employees taking pics of their guests for what ever reason.

Seems like a reasonable policy for a hotel to have.

Moron wants to post them on his own FB or Twitter or other online acct that IDs him, that's likely going to get him fired.

I don't think the guy is a terrorist or committed anything near being criminal or even civilly actionable.

Just an employer-employee relationship.

And one person can call you the anti-Christ to your face and that's OK; if he spews the terrorist comment to anyone else then he likely would have a defamation suit to contend with. In this instance the "victim" told the world what the guy privately told him and he likely lost any possible defamation suit relief (if any was available and for all I know, the guy who called him a terrorist only said it to the outgoing employee--a personal opinion IMO).
    Photographing/videoing police in public is not a crime. Presuming that one does not have to show a room key to get into the parking garage that places it "in public". Guy was off the clock thus the employer has less contol over limiting his actions.

While MO is essentially a right-to-work state and employees are considered at-will, saying this was why the guy was fired is a huge stepping on their crank by the hotel.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Despite how many violent criminals may show up, I'd say that about 98% of them wouldn't like being shot, even if it meant their buddies five rows back could get in safely after the ammo in the two rifles' magazines had been used up
    Good point

A couple of surplus magazine pouches that hold 6 magazines each would be a good investment. They are not
    expensive. 12 extra mags holding 30 rounds each would hold off a lot of animals.
    Last edited by 9026543; 11-19-2014 at 07:05 AM.

That's the difference between Police and peasants.
    Same situation.
    The peasant could be prosecuted for pointing the weapon at the criminal......the police would not.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Not sure LEAs are just over preparing or they have solid evidence of extra-non-Ferguson affiliates coming in to incite more than just demonstrations.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Photographing/videoing police in public is not a crime. Presuming that one does not have to show a room key to get into the parking garage that places it "in public". Guy was off the clock thus the employer has less contol over limiting his actions.

While MO is essentially a right-to-work state and employees are considered at-will, saying this was why the guy was fired is a huge stepping on their crank by the hotel.

stay safe.
    MO is not a right to work state.

http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    MO is not a right to work state. http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm
    Nice link. Thanks. They also review the rights against goonionism -

http://www.nrtw.org/a/a_prime.htm
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-19-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Ferguson or Fallujah? National Guard deployment is ‘egging on’ protesters

“This is why it’s a really bad idea. It’s almost egging them on, telling protesters before hand that troops will be there,” said Trevor Burrus, a research fellow at the CATO institute. “If this comes down with no charges, they are going to feel a double injustice against them.”

Protesters are already planning to shut down roads in Clayton following the jury’s decision, and are hoping to attract more people from outside of Ferguson to participate in civil disobedience.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...oyment-egging/

What a crapstorm. DHS? Wow.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

You could try it and find out...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast