Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esquire sissy wets his pants over Dude carrying at Sunday Brunch, Eastern Shore

Esquire sissy wets his pants over Dude carrying at Sunday Brunch, Eastern Shore

Herschel psychoanalyzes (Robert Bateman, Guns And Feelings):

The NRA Molon Labe Redux
    I was sitting in a casual seafood restaurant on the Eastern Shore of Virginia not long ago. It is a place well known for the quality of their crab and inshore fish. It was early on a quiet Sunday morning.

As we ate, looking over the beautiful waters at the Island House Restaurant in Wachapreague, I noticed over my wife’s shoulder the large man sitting in the table next to ours. It is not all that often that I notice people significantly larger than I am, but this guy qualified enough so that one could not help but look when he got up a few feet away. Going I know not where, I also noticed something else, the obvious presence of a concealed weapon at his hip, nominally, loosely “concealed” beneath his oversized T-shirt.

Really? A gun, at Sunday Brunch?

I came to realize how absolutely delusional the fellow must be. What kind of idiot carries a gun in a family restaurant for family brunch? Well, that would be one of the folks influenced by the NRA-approved “Molon Labe” movement.

The dude sort of confirmed that when I noticed, a few minutes after he returned to his table, that he had the word “Molon” on his left forearm and “Labe” on his right forearm, tattooed in 2-inch letters. Or maybe it was just a Sharpie drawing he renewed periodically, I could not really tell. But either way, it was pretty obvious.

“Molon Labe” what? "What the heck is that?” you might rightly ask. I mean, that is not even English. Is it some kind of foreign terrorist organization?

Well, sort of. It is the de facto motto of those people who are absolutely paranoid about how any possible changes to America’s gun culture, which wounds or kills in excess of 110,000 Americans per year lately, might be enacted by the majority of Americans. And folks, let me issue a RED Irony Alert. Yep, this is full blown actual irony, not the Alanis Morissette version. The Molon Labe folks are perhaps the most historically ignorant people in all of American History, and that is saying quite a lot.

What an uneducated imbecile. Don't like it, GTFO of Virginia or choose to patronize a business which is not supportive of the Constitution!

SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS!
    Last edited by The Truth; 11-17-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Founder's Club Member
    "Really a gun at Sunday brunch?"

Yes, at Sunday brunch and all other meals of the week and at nearly every other occurrence in life too, since those who harm people don't give a wit about the time or location any more than they care about harming others.

My question to him would be "Why do you care so little for your ability to respond to a threat to yourself or those around you that you aren't armed as well?"
    Last edited by jmelvin; 11-17-2014 at 06:43 PM.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ applies to much more than arms.

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Dag nab it the wife and I didn't go to the Island House that day

sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Apparently the writer has not heard of the Luby's Massacre

Didn't the Lubby's incident in Texas happen at brunch?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameiscolb View Post
    Apparently the writer has not heard of the Luby's Massacre
    Welcome to OCDO. Suzanna Gratia Hupp was a gun rights acquaintance at the 2002 Great Grass Roots Gun Rights Gathering where she spoke and with Ken Blanchard, The Black Avenger, and David Mustard.

http://www.scfirearms.org/TheDefende...02November.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Welcome to OCDO. Suzanna Gratia Hupp was a gun rights acquaintance at the 2002 Great Grass Roots Gun Rights Gathering where she spoke and with Ken Blanchard, The Black Avenger, and David Mustard.

http://www.scfirearms.org/TheDefende...02November.pdf
    Thanks! And I've read a bit about Hupp. I forgot to mention that my comment was directed at Bateman's article.

As for the Luby's shooting, it took place just after 12pm on a Wednesday. It's a horrible story, but it just shows that bad guys can show up anywhere at any time. Kudos to the man conceal carrying to brunch!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Carry or perhaps die wishing you had.

I am a peace loving man, until you try to harm me or mine - then you bring on yourself the wrath of pure hell.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I like how he says we need to be educated but refuses to learn the history of Molon Labe amd what it really means.

I guess that's typical though.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Banned
    110,000 per year ?

Well, they all deserved it.

110,000 indeed

One could venture to say that the Luby's shooting was a result of the failed war on drugs, among other things.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

want to say Lubys was from a nut that was anti-social. dont remember him being a druggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Well,,,

Remember, at that time, it was Illegal! to carry a gun in a restaurant in Texas!!!
    Suzan left here gun in her car IAW the law!!
    They were eating in,, And were Slaughtered in,, a Gun Free Zone!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    want to say Lubys was from a nut that was anti-social. dont remember him being a druggie

He was definitely a nut, but he was ex-military and it could be argued that marijuana possession charges effectively ruined his career with the Merchant Marines, and likely lead to some serious effects on his phsyche that likely contributed to his mental instability at the time of the shooting. His termination was also likely one of the roots of his hatred for women, which undoubtedly was one of the causes of his mental instability.

μολὼν λαβέ

Not familiar w Island House restaurant - must have missed it this summer - drove all the way up to MD state line then back to Norfolk. Did enjoy the shrimp and crab cakes at the Machipongo Clam Shack. No one seemed to mind OC on that trip.

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Island House in in Watchapregue about 5 miles off rt 13 at Keller stoplight.

sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    With people like this, you almost quietly hope that one day they suddenly come face to face with evil. An extreme encounter that while doesn't injury or kill them, leaves them shaken to their core and wishing they had the means to protect themselves. A true epiphany of sorts... call it reality bites.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    With people like this, you almost quietly hope that one day they suddenly come face to face with evil. An extreme encounter that while doesn't injury or kill them, leaves them shaken to their core and wishing they had the means to protect themselves. A true epiphany of sorts... call it reality bites.
    Pain is a message delivered by Mother Nature.

http://www.gifbin.com/986455
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    No you don't. We are the rational, the calm, the self-controlled who wish no one undue harm, and will sometimes find a way to protect the innocent.

THEY are the out-of-control, rage-o-holics who want OC-ers to be shot by LE summoned with a bogus 911 call. Don't take the bait.

He's at most, a big mouth, somewhere south of Rosie O'Donnell.

(ETA: Pics or it didn't happen. I get the feeling after a quick scan, he made up this whole thing. If he's a reporter, or interviewer, why didn't he interview this guy for his article. AND, he ) Bateman) could probably be sued if this guy recognizes himself happening to read the article. Maybe he will.)
    Last edited by Maverick9; 11-18-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    No you don't. We are the rational, the calm, the self-controlled who wish no one undue harm, and will sometimes find a way to protect the innocent.

THEY are the out-of-control, rage-o-holics who want OC-ers to be shot by LE summoned with a bogus 911 call. Don't take the bait.

(ETA: Pics or it didn't happen. I get the feeling after a quick scan, he made up this whole thing. If he's a reporter, or interviewer, why didn't he interview this guy for his article. AND, he ) Bateman) could probably be sued if this guy recognizes himself happening to read the article. Maybe he will.)
    I didn't wish for them to be harmed... just shaken to their core. Have the daylights scared out of them and hopefully bring them back to reality.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

http://www.gifbin.com/986455
    One of the little things I am fond of saying... "Pain is the greatest teacher". And pain can come in many forms.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 11-19-2014 at 09:06 AM.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I had a quote on my office wall while in the Army.
    "Knowledge is knowing the fire will burn, Wisdom is remembering the blister."

and the guy at Lubys.............
    George Jo Hennard was born Georges Pierre Hennard on October 15, 1956 in Sayre, Pennsylvania, the son of a Swiss-born surgeon and a homemaker. Upon graduating from high school in 1974, he enlisted in the U. S. Navy and served for two years until he was honorably discharged in 1976. He later enlisted in the Merchant Marines in 1977; he was dismissed from service however, in 1981, after being arrested for drug possession. His seaman's papers were suspended the following year and were later revoked in 1989, after his second arrest for possessing marijuana. During this time he often expressed hostility and hatred of women.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post

Well, there's no accounting for pure hatred. See what's been happening to Eva Shockley:
    I’m a huge target for them

Does this offend anyone?

It's food to be served at her wedding. Even so, there's the usual social media hatred:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast