Thread: Anti-progressive Barry Goldwater celebrated 50 years after igniting conservativism

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Anti-progressive Barry Goldwater celebrated 50 years after igniting conservativism

When Barry Goldwater accepted the 1964 Republican nomination for president, he gave a speech that galvanized his audience and went on to serve as a catalyst for the American conservative movement for decades to come. Now, a wide array of conservative luminaries — historians, politicians, journalists, former Goldwater associates — have joined forces to organize the Barry Goldwater 1964 Campaign 50th Anniversary Dinner and Forum, set for Tuesday in Washington. They are poised to celebrate the five-term senator from Arizona who once advised Republicans,
    “We must, and we shall, return to proven ways — not because they are old, but because they are true. I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”
    [ ... ] "Mr. Shirley observed.

“True American conservatives — like Goldwater, Reagan, William F. Buckley and others — always championed the individual over the state and over corporatism. They believe in bottom-up governance. As did the framers. This difference between Jeffersonian conservatives and Burkean rightists is as different as night and day. This fight is raging today, and that is why this anniversary celebrating Goldwater is so important,” he said."

Mark Levin goes NUCLEAR over feckless GOP refusing to shut down government to stop tyrannical president

With link to podcast
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-18-2014 at 06:45 AM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

earth's crust
    Hey, if he isn't showing up, why should I bother?

"It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip