Thread: Israel to losen gun control to allow carry - they get it - GFZ=killing zones

Banned

Israel to losen gun control to allow carry - they get it - GFZ=killing zones

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-ease...attack-1475394

Israel is to relax restrictions on carrying weapons for self-defence following the deadly attack on a Jerusalem synagogue, killing four worshippers, according to Israeli Internal Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-18-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Fixed title

From your link.

Aharonovich added that the relaxed restrictions would not apply to the general public but to anyone who already owns a licence to carry a gun, such as private security guards and off-duty army officers.
    http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/israel-firearms.htm

Possibly outdated -
    Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun
    b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club - may own 1 rifle
    c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transporting a minimum of 5 passengers - may own 1 handgun
    d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not* full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limited capacity magazine.
    e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables - may own 1 handgun
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-18-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Guess you can have any size of magazine w the 1 gun? Doesn't say if rifles not to be scary-type?

Noticed this attack even got Kerry off the fence. Haven't heard anything from Preezy calling "chickens--t" PM.

Was reading a commentary saying that when G-d selected Jews t/b his chosen people, that marked Jews as objects of scorn & attack from the rest of the world. Certainly is the case. Prayers to the families and peace-loving Israelis.
    Last edited by HPmatt; 11-18-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Hmm, really?

When the next crusade is called (the first in 1100, the last in 1300) how promptly will you respond? Christendom was beat to a halt at the end of the Sixth Crusade, perhaps it has taken nearly a millenium to get off its thorny throne.

Got any epithets for Obama, the first black president?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-ease...attack-1475394

Israel is to relax restrictions on carrying weapons for self-defence following the deadly attack on a Jerusalem synagogue, killing four worshippers, according to Israeli Internal Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich.
    Aharonovich added that the relaxed restrictions would not apply to the general public but to anyone who already owns a licence [sic] to carry a gun, such as private security guards and off-duty army officers
    (emphasis mine)

Sorry, too little too late.

I was in Africa in the late seventies. There was a bit of a war on and civilians were heavily armed, all the time. It was not uncommon to find an uzi next to the Lady of the House or a gentleman reading the paper with an FN leaning against the table. I was Army, so I carried an FN and a little hideout pistol. Very polite people.

Those of us who OC are the same. We are doing it to "normalize" the public, but the fact is, we have to because of the crazies. Just like the Israelis.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I was almost in Morocco, Casablanca, in '73 or '74 on our way home after the Yom Kippur War that I spent on a submarine in the Mediterranean. We had a port visit scheduled when we got word of a Soviet ship arriving. The crew was looking forward to drinking with the guys that we had been listening to and following, but it's not kulturny, not policy for strategic assets to share a port. Darn.

halt

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Hmm, really?

When the next crusade is called (the first in 1100, the last in 1300) how promptly will you respond? Christendom was beat to a halt at the end of the Sixth Crusade, perhaps it has taken nearly a millenium to get off its thorny throne.

Got any epithets for Obama, the first black president?
    Don't you mean Catholicism? The Catholics were responsible for the crusades not Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Don't you mean Catholicism? The Catholics were responsible for the crusades not Christians.
    Which Christians were there before the First Crusade in 1100?

The Great Schism of Eastern Orthodox from Rome happened in 1200 after the Fourth Crusade and the sack of Constantinople.

The reformation of the Western Church was not until 1517 when 300,000 died to be shed of the Papacy, which Quincentennial is soon.