• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at St. Clair County Community College?

Michigander

There may be something there if you have the funds. Even without what you said the law is broadly out of line, and I've never believed the law as written would stand up to a full on legal challenge if done right, because as I said years ago it essentially gives them the authority to tear gas random classrooms to keep students fearful and obedient. It's an absurd idea, but those are the same straws they are grasping at to ban gun carry. Whether or not gun rights are restored in community colleges, the law is stunningly devoid of civil rights protection, and badly needs challenging.

I wish you guys well in your efforts.

Last edited:

Hevymetal

I wonder how an Open Carry rally by non-students in support of this issue would be handled? They can't expell someone who isn't enrolled. Would 123.1102 not cover everyone involved? Students could carry just off of school property. Non students would be free to march wherever. Just throwing out the idea.

Small_Arms_Collector

I wonder how an Open Carry rally by non-students in support of this issue would be handled? They can't expell someone who isn't enrolled. Would 123.1102 not cover everyone involved? Students could carry just off of school property. Non students would be free to march wherever. Just throwing out the idea.

It's a good idea.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
i attend oakland community college. i was told by at least 2 well respected firearms attorneys here in michigan that community colleges can't regulate non-students and that they can't do anything to you legally. however, if you're a student they CAN subject you to the code of conduct and kick you out anyway.