Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Ferguson Rally in VA?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Ferguson Rally in VA?

    Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/p...e-announcement

    Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/p...e-announcement

    Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
    Take a look at the list of events in the second link, the one for Bangor, ME has the outline for the state of Florida as a backdrop

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Take a look at the list of events in the second link, the one for Bangor, ME has the outline for the state of Florida as a backdrop
    LOL - that's funny, but nobody accused these people of being smart.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/p...e-announcement

    Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
    What would anyone expect? With a number of avowed racists in high office (in particular the thing in the white house and the one heading the DOJ) nothing surprises me. There is far more racism among this minority group, and one other, than there is among the white people in this nation. And it is headed and supported by the federal and state government (ever heard of affirmative action?).

    In my youth, I used to be a member of one of the major black civil rights groups (CORE). I used to march in peaceful protest marches with this group. Had I known then how this was all going to turn out, I would never have taken even one step to help their cause. Constitutional protections are one thing. Quotas, set asides, and preferential treatment is entirely different and is racist to the core (no pun intended).
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 11-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Leesburg VA
    Posts
    160
    I'm kind of interested to see how the protests go in the places with more restrictive gun laws compared to the places with freer gun laws.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    LOL - that's funny, but nobody accused these people of being smart.
    So I should take my "PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT" sign?

    ;>)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    So I should take my "PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT" sign?

    ;>)
    I love it. Stealing it for use later
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I love it. Stealing it for use later
    Wish I had thought of it. Billboard in Ferguson.


    http://www.libertynews.com/2014/11/s...tops-its-goal/
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 11-20-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: added link

  9. #9
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    If this were a legitimate group, I'd think about showing up. The site design is so horrible I just can't trust it. That being said, you guys are really broad brushing here, but I'm not surprised. It's so easy to jump on that bandwagon.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/p...e-announcement

    Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
    Also a rally or protest in Blacksburg:

    http://fergusonaction.com/day-of-act...sponse-action/

  11. #11
    Newbie Velvet Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    An undisclosed bunker
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    If this were a legitimate group, I'd think about showing up. The site design is so horrible I just can't trust it. That being said, you guys are really broad brushing here, but I'm not surprised. It's so easy to jump on that bandwagon.
    Hi Truth, I'm Velvet Hammer, nice to meet you.

    I registered so I could reply to your above comment.

    1) "If this were a legitimate group" was in reference to?

    2) There's nothing to "show up" to.
    a.My post (which va_tazdad linked to) was about the successful online crowd funding campaign for a "#pantsUpDontLOOT billboard targeting the riotous pants down looting thugs in Ferguson, and the race baiting prog journos whose panties were all tied up in knots over the billboard.

    3) What site design is "so damn horrible"? If you mean Liberty News...well..to each his own.

    If you have any questions let me know.

    Have a good night.

    Semper Vigilans,

    --VH

    "My God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" ~ General George Patton
    Last edited by Velvet Hammer; 11-20-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: ADHD

  12. #12
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    What is this thread supposed to accomplish

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/p...e-announcement

    Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
    http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
    I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

    What does this have to do with open carry Grape?

    Are you suggesting we attend and open carry?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

    What does this have to do with open carry Grape?

    Are you suggesting we attend and open carry?
    The purpose was/is to inform the Virginia user/members of a potential, volatile situation where their safety might be compromised. I am definitely not suggesting that you attend.

    I do recommend OCing 24/7 as you go about your normal everyday routine.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Hammer View Post
    Hi Truth, I'm Velvet Hammer, nice to meet you.

    I registered so I could reply to your above comment.

    1) "If this were a legitimate group" was in reference to?

    2) There's nothing to "show up" to.
    a.My post (which va_tazdad linked to) was about the successful online crowd funding campaign for a "#pantsUpDontLOOT billboard targeting the riotous pants down looting thugs in Ferguson, and the race baiting prog journos whose panties were all tied up in knots over the billboard.

    3) What site design is "so damn horrible"? If you mean Liberty News...well..to each his own.

    If you have any questions let me know.

    Have a good night.

    Semper Vigilans,

    --VH
    This is my fault for not quoting what I was referring to. I meant the tumblr and the effort to organize in Williamsburg. If there were an actual civil rights get together in Richmond I would at least try to go, schedule permitting.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    The people I feel bad for are the decent, honest, and law abiding black Americans who no doubt feel terribly embarrassed by and ashamed of the behavior of the looters and out of control protestors in Ferguson and in other parts of the country. They no more want this sort of abhorrent nonsense than any other good American.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  16. #16
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I believe you're right about the small percentage of looters.

    I really don't understand how anyone could get mad at people for protesting something they don't believe in - racial inequality and police violence. For me, they are protesting statism, although they might not even be aware. What's wrong with that?

    I'm not talking about the facts of the shooting, and don't even get me started on that. It seems to me there isn't anything to discuss here, however. There's been no verdict, there was no trial of Mike Brown, and you've all got your minds made up. DAMN THEM FOR PROTESTING! They should like the taste of the boot by now, eh?

    You guys are right that this might not be about race for everyone. For a lot of blacks it is about race. You don't have to accept that but you should respect that. As I said, for me, it's about statism/antistatism. It's about the right to a fair trial and most of all it's about excessive police force. Screw Sharpton and Jackson, it's not even about them. All they do is stoke a fire that already exists.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I believe you're right about the small percentage of looters.

    I really don't understand how anyone could get mad at people for protesting something they don't believe in - racial inequality and police violence. For me, they are protesting statism, although they might not even be aware. What's wrong with that?

    I'm not talking about the facts of the shooting, and don't even get me started on that. It seems to me there isn't anything to discuss here, however. There's been no verdict, there was no trial of Mike Brown, and you've all got your minds made up. DAMN THEM FOR PROTESTING! They should like the taste of the boot by now, eh?

    You guys are right that this might not be about race for everyone. For a lot of blacks it is about race. You don't have to accept that but you should respect that. As I said, for me, it's about statism/antistatism. It's about the right to a fair trial and most of all it's about excessive police force. Screw Sharpton and Jackson, it's not even about them. All they do is stoke a fire that already exists.
    Agree. A small percentage of protestors that loot and cause violence. Seems familiar.

    But as long as the good protestors stand by and let them then they are just as bad. Also seems familiar.

    Also anyone seen the recent "rules of engagement" they were arguing over? The protesters wanted to he able to throw water bottles at the cops and other "lesser crimes" and have no repercussions. What the hell kind of protest is that if your requesting and stating your goal is throw items at other people.

    Nothing to do with race. Looting a store doesn't affect cops or the state. Destroying city property or private property doesn't affect them. Blocking roads doesn't affect them. Only affects the local businesses and the local citizens.

    In fact the ironic part is I'm pretty certain a lot of these guys are making good money on overtime to stand there.

    So let's recap.... Pay cops extra to gather to watch (since they don't want mass arrests , its in the rules), destroy local businesses affecting business owners, block roads affecting the entire city (medical emergencies, the rare people that actually work or go to school), and destroy city property (benches, lights, trash cans, vehicles etc.) That will be replaced with tax money from people who actually work (so not them).

    Sounds like a grand time.....

    Add: I know it's tempting for some but the enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Some are just animals.
    Last edited by Primus; 11-21-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Michael Brown's dad urges peace in online video.

    http://www.nbc12.com/story/27448524/...n-online-video
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Michael Brown's dad urges peace in online video.

    http://www.nbc12.com/story/27448524/...n-online-video
    That's IMO the worst part about this. These outside "protestors" are using his son and their family as a reason to cause havoc.

    At the end of the day a kid did die. Right wrong or indifferent there was a loss of life and that's tragic.

    But for some reason I doubt anyone will heed his request.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  20. #20
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    That's IMO the worst part about this. These outside "protestors" are using his son and their family as a reason to cause havoc.
    Old news, old tactic. When you want a history lesson do some research on who it was that started the trouble at Kent State. The Friday night before the massacre is especially interesting.

    Spinoff protests in Virginia are generally peaceful and small.
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-21-2014 at 12:03 PM.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    .... There's been no verdict, there was no trial of Mike Brown, and you've all got your minds made up. DAMN THEM FOR PROTESTING! They should like the taste of the boot by now, eh?

    You guys are right that this might not be about race for everyone. For a lot of blacks it is about race. You don't have to accept that but you should respect that. As I said, for me, it's about statism/antistatism. It's about the right to a fair trial and most of all it's about excessive police force. Screw Sharpton and Jackson, it's not even about them. All they do is stoke a fire that already exists.
    1 - Brown did not get a trial because he is alleged to have done things that resulted in the use of deadly force. The Grand Jury is now considering if there is enough evidence to support that contention.

    2 - The point is that it is, and always has been, about race. Please read rant my #32,197 for my discussion about that.

    3 - If the Grand Jury finds that Wilson shot Brown because Brown was black then that problem will be addressed. Right now there is a question of whether or not the facts will support such an allegation.

    4 - If it is about excessive force then I expect you to apply the same rules and qualifications you would impose on the police to your own behavior regarding self defense. Your posts and your private conversations with me do not support that happening.

    5 - What about the elephant in the room? The one sitting on the 800-pound gorilla? A) - some of the folks planning and organizing demonstrations have labled them as protests - as if they know what the Grand Jury decision will be and are opposed to it. B) some of the folks planning and organizing these events are openly calling for rioting and looting. Some are calling for that regardless of what the Grand Jury decision is.

    6 - Maybe I'm interpreting things a bit differently, but what I have been reading is discussions of what should happen if these demonstrations, or any individuals at the demonstrations, violates the law. Yes, there has been mention of having a significant police presence but I don't recall anybody advocating that the cops just roll up and start giving them a taste of the boot before anything happens.

    7 - You may desire to attend one of the demonstrations as a protest against statism. Do you honestly believe that your protest - one significantly different from what everybody else is protesting, will even be noticed?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  22. #22
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

    4 - If it is about excessive force then I expect you to apply the same rules and qualifications you would impose on the police to your own behavior regarding self defense. Your posts and your private conversations with me do not support that happening.
    What on Earth are you talking about? I'd love to see a cite for this one. I've never advocated excessive force in public or private. I'm not even sure why you're mentioning any private conversation.


    7 - You may desire to attend one of the demonstrations as a protest against statism. Do you honestly believe that your protest - one significantly different from what everybody else is protesting, will even be noticed?
    I don't care if I'm noticed. Our protest is one in the same. Theirs may be based off of a different concept - racial inequality - but I would gladly stand in protest alongside them even if that cause is not specifically why I am there to protest. I support their right to protest. Just like I'm not allowed to say "all cops are j3rk0ffs" just because some cops thrive off of trolling citizens by trampling their rights, I don't believe all the protesters are lazy, uneducated, unemployed racists either.

    And believe me, if I were to protest, I'd have one eye out for violent protest and the other eye out for excessive police force.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about? I'd love to see a cite for this one. I've never advocated excessive force in public or private. I'm not even sure why you're mentioning any private conversation.

    ....
    I fear you have things turned around. I was referring to your stated positions on when and under what circumstances you would use deadly force in self defense. Just as a beginning, you have opined that it would not be necessary for the alleged perp to have taken a shot at you before you would do so. You have mentioned such things as hands being deadly weapons.

    Officer Wilson has made official statements that his actions were in response to a reasonable belief that he preceived a threat of immediate death or great bodily injury. The question of whether or not that belief was in fact reasonable is before the Grand Jury. If they decide that Officer Wilson's belief was reasonable will you continue to label his actions as excessive force?

    I mention private conversations we have had in the hope that your memory would be jogged. If you would prefer to go only on what you have posted that will be fine with me.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  24. #24
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I fear you have things turned around. I was referring to your stated positions on when and under what circumstances you would use deadly force in self defense. Just as a beginning, you have opined that it would not be necessary for the alleged perp to have taken a shot at you before you would do so. You have mentioned such things as hands being deadly weapons.
    I've never claimed hands to be deadly weapons. I even commented on another Ferguson thread with a dictionary entry. As for me saying I would shoot an unarmed person, again, you are mistaken. The only thing I can possibly come up with that you may be referring to is my response to McBeth's teenager and a frisbee comment. If so, my apologies for not turning on my McBeth font.


    Officer Wilson has made official statements that his actions were in response to a reasonable belief that he preceived a threat of immediate death or great bodily injury.
    I'd really rather not get into this again. Wilson's statements are just one perspective on the matter. It wouldn't be fair for me to make a judgement without considering all possibilities. The point is we are trusting a GJ to decide, and I don't think GJs are fair.

    The question of whether or not that belief was in fact reasonable is before the Grand Jury. If they decide that Officer Wilson's belief was reasonable will you continue to label his actions as excessive force?
    Unless there's video of the shooting I won't likely change my mind. We are talking about deciding whether or not he GOES TO TRIAL for a crime. Not whether he's guilty or not. The only thing that's been proven in my opinion is excessive force. That whole closed thread taught me at least that much. I feel I've toned it down a bit.

    I mention private conversations we have had in the hope that your memory would be jogged. If you would prefer to go only on what you have posted that will be fine with me.
    I have no interest in being attacked publicly for something you claim I said in a PM. Feel free to PM me. I urge you.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    I've been asked to take this to PMs. Not only no but Hell no!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    You should explain exactly what you're trying to communicate via PM. Let's get to the point here. I don't want you to make me connect any dots, I want you to tell me what it is that concerns you.
    You are the one that seems to want to create dots that needs to be connected. I've been straightforward - you accuse Wilson of excessive force for doing exactly what you say you would do in a similar situation.

    As for the rest of the cops that you accuse of excessive force - why don't you lay out in detail how you would have them act. Just remember to put yourself in the midst of an active riot when you decide on rules of engagement. Later on you an explain why you are willing - no, not willing but demanding - to allow folks to assault police, destroy private property, and create an environment that endangers citizens who are not actively involved in their "demonstration".

    Alternatively, explain how burning down your neighborhood leads to resolving claims of police action. Or why the organizers have labeled what's going to happen a protest. Will they still protest if Wilson is indicted? Or will they just go home and watch Maury and Judge Judy?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •