• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ferguson Rally in VA?

scouser

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/post/102301188858/williamsburg-va-day-after-the-announcement

Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/

What would anyone expect? With a number of avowed racists in high office (in particular the thing in the white house and the one heading the DOJ) nothing surprises me. There is far more racism among this minority group, and one other, than there is among the white people in this nation. And it is headed and supported by the federal and state government (ever heard of affirmative action?).

In my youth, I used to be a member of one of the major black civil rights groups (CORE). I used to march in peaceful protest marches with this group. Had I known then how this was all going to turn out, I would never have taken even one step to help their cause. Constitutional protections are one thing. Quotas, set asides, and preferential treatment is entirely different and is racist to the core (no pun intended).

Last edited:

blahpony

I'm kind of interested to see how the protests go in the places with more restrictive gun laws compared to the places with freer gun laws.

The Truth

If this were a legitimate group, I'd think about showing up. The site design is so horrible I just can't trust it. That being said, you guys are really broad brushing here, but I'm not surprised. It's so easy to jump on that bandwagon.

Repeater

Velvet Hammer

If this were a legitimate group, I'd think about showing up. The site design is so horrible I just can't trust it. That being said, you guys are really broad brushing here, but I'm not surprised. It's so easy to jump on that bandwagon.

Hi Truth, I'm Velvet Hammer, nice to meet you.

I registered so I could reply to your above comment.

1) "If this were a legitimate group" was in reference to?

2) There's nothing to "show up" to.
a.My post (which va_tazdad linked to) was about the successful online crowd funding campaign for a "#pantsUpDontLOOT billboard targeting the riotous pants down looting thugs in Ferguson, and the race baiting prog journos whose panties were all tied up in knots over the billboard. :lol:

3) What site design is "so damn horrible"? If you mean Liberty News...well..to each his own. :p

If you have any questions let me know.

Have a good night. :cool:

Semper Vigilans,

--VH

"My God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" ~ General George Patton

Last edited:

Thundar

What is this thread supposed to accomplish

Other than this "notice" have neither seen nor heard anything. Black Lives Matter protest.
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/post/102301188858/williamsburg-va-day-after-the-announcement

Seems to me that racial bias is being promoted, spread like so much manure.
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/

I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

What does this have to do with open carry Grape?

Are you suggesting we attend and open carry?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

What does this have to do with open carry Grape?

Are you suggesting we attend and open carry?

The purpose was/is to inform the Virginia user/members of a potential, volatile situation where their safety might be compromised. I am definitely not suggesting that you attend.

I do recommend OCing 24/7 as you go about your normal everyday routine.

The Truth

Hi Truth, I'm Velvet Hammer, nice to meet you.

I registered so I could reply to your above comment.

1) "If this were a legitimate group" was in reference to?

2) There's nothing to "show up" to.
a.My post (which va_tazdad linked to) was about the successful online crowd funding campaign for a "#pantsUpDontLOOT billboard targeting the riotous pants down looting thugs in Ferguson, and the race baiting prog journos whose panties were all tied up in knots over the billboard. :lol:

3) What site design is "so damn horrible"? If you mean Liberty News...well..to each his own. :p

If you have any questions let me know.

Have a good night. :cool:

Semper Vigilans,

--VH
This is my fault for not quoting what I was referring to. I meant the tumblr and the effort to organize in Williamsburg. If there were an actual civil rights get together in Richmond I would at least try to go, schedule permitting.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The people I feel bad for are the decent, honest, and law abiding black Americans who no doubt feel terribly embarrassed by and ashamed of the behavior of the looters and out of control protestors in Ferguson and in other parts of the country. They no more want this sort of abhorrent nonsense than any other good American.

The Truth

I believe you're right about the small percentage of looters.

I really don't understand how anyone could get mad at people for protesting something they don't believe in - racial inequality and police violence. For me, they are protesting statism, although they might not even be aware. What's wrong with that?

I'm not talking about the facts of the shooting, and don't even get me started on that. It seems to me there isn't anything to discuss here, however. There's been no verdict, there was no trial of Mike Brown, and you've all got your minds made up. DAMN THEM FOR PROTESTING! They should like the taste of the boot by now, eh?

You guys are right that this might not be about race for everyone. For a lot of blacks it is about race. You don't have to accept that but you should respect that. As I said, for me, it's about statism/antistatism. It's about the right to a fair trial and most of all it's about excessive police force. Screw Sharpton and Jackson, it's not even about them. All they do is stoke a fire that already exists.

Primus

I believe you're right about the small percentage of looters.

I really don't understand how anyone could get mad at people for protesting something they don't believe in - racial inequality and police violence. For me, they are protesting statism, although they might not even be aware. What's wrong with that?

I'm not talking about the facts of the shooting, and don't even get me started on that. It seems to me there isn't anything to discuss here, however. There's been no verdict, there was no trial of Mike Brown, and you've all got your minds made up. DAMN THEM FOR PROTESTING! They should like the taste of the boot by now, eh?

You guys are right that this might not be about race for everyone. For a lot of blacks it is about race. You don't have to accept that but you should respect that. As I said, for me, it's about statism/antistatism. It's about the right to a fair trial and most of all it's about excessive police force. Screw Sharpton and Jackson, it's not even about them. All they do is stoke a fire that already exists.
Agree. A small percentage of protestors that loot and cause violence. Seems familiar.

But as long as the good protestors stand by and let them then they are just as bad. Also seems familiar.

Also anyone seen the recent "rules of engagement" they were arguing over? The protesters wanted to he able to throw water bottles at the cops and other "lesser crimes" and have no repercussions. What the hell kind of protest is that if your requesting and stating your goal is throw items at other people.

Nothing to do with race. Looting a store doesn't affect cops or the state. Destroying city property or private property doesn't affect them. Blocking roads doesn't affect them. Only affects the local businesses and the local citizens.

In fact the ironic part is I'm pretty certain a lot of these guys are making good money on overtime to stand there.

So let's recap.... Pay cops extra to gather to watch (since they don't want mass arrests , its in the rules), destroy local businesses affecting business owners, block roads affecting the entire city (medical emergencies, the rare people that actually work or go to school), and destroy city property (benches, lights, trash cans, vehicles etc.) That will be replaced with tax money from people who actually work (so not them).

Sounds like a grand time.....

Add: I know it's tempting for some but the enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Some are just animals.

Last edited:

Primus

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That's IMO the worst part about this. These outside "protestors" are using his son and their family as a reason to cause havoc.

Old news, old tactic. When you want a history lesson do some research on who it was that started the trouble at Kent State. The Friday night before the massacre is especially interesting.

Spinoff protests in Virginia are generally peaceful and small.

Last edited: