Thread: At a time of high government mistrust

At a time of high government mistrust

Last edited by robert.townsend.965928; 11-20-2014 at 05:14 PM.

A revolution now? Seen the epithet feckless tied to the GOP recently? Here, 2010 ..

America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution By Angelo M. Codevilla – From the July 2010 - August 2010 issue

http://spectator.org/articles/39326/...ils-revolution

The only serious opposition to this arrogant Ruling Party is coming not from feckless Republicans but from what might be called the Country Party -- and its vision is revolutionary. Our special Summer Issue cover story.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

You are crazy. Everybody know that the government knows what is best for you and the very best way to make sure you get everything that you need. [/sarcasm]

Even the folks in the FSA don't trust the government, but for reasons a bit different than yours.

Would there ever be a revolution in this day an(sic) age?
    Possibly, but my money is on by the time it got around to happening it would be too late.

How would it play out with the military being grossly over powered if used against the people?
    You do mean outgunned, right? Sorry, but see above. And even when outnumbered and outgunned the military has prevailed. Historians and others suggest it was specifically because We the People really did not want to do a full reset, whereas the military "was just following orders", not making the policies it was sent to enforce.

Probably the last time We the People outnumbered and outgunned the government was the Battle of Athens (The McMinn County wars) - and then only because the governor did not call out the national guard.

Talk of revolution, except in the historical sense, is frowned on here at OCDO. See Rule #15:
    WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

And I am a law abiding citizen who was wondering for educational views only but I will delete this thread

Schlafly Describes president's amnesty plan as modern-day 'Fort Sumter'

“With Pearl Harbor, the American people knew what was happening,” she said. But Fort Sumter, where the opening shots of the Civil War were fired, represented the beginning of a ruinous conflict, and Schlafly, like fellow conservative luminary Richard Viguerie, speculates that an executive amnesty might touch off a sort of modern-day conflagration.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/schlafly-...her-civil-war/

GOP OK Sen. Coburn warns of violence

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalsecurityguard View Post
    It doesn't upset or anger me in the least. Nor do I have any issue with liberals actually attempting to DO harm (ACT vs. TALKING) to conservatives and/or gun-owners (except most gun owners are liberals, so they're only hurting each other -- which is FINE with me). At least liberals are being real in seeing violence as a viable (if not the only) solution.
    I have a serious problem with people doing or advocating harm to others!

Such acts are illegal and subject the individual with major repercussions on OCDO (Rule violation) and from the LEA community. Except as a means of self-defense, we do not advocate, sponsor, or endorse doing injury to others or even threatening to do so ....period, the end.

Only? There is always the choice between logic and emotion. Logic deals with facts - something we hold in high regard here. Emotional responses are frequently severe over reaction - knee jerk if you will.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Not another Boston Common1 thread...

1May 19, 1713
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare