• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At a time of high government mistrust

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You are crazy. Everybody know that the government knows what is best for you and the very best way to make sure you get everything that you need. [/sarcasm]

Even the folks in the FSA don't trust the government, but for reasons a bit different than yours.

Would there ever be a revolution in this day an(sic) age?

Possibly, but my money is on by the time it got around to happening it would be too late.

How would it play out with the military being grossly over powered if used against the people?

You do mean outgunned, right? Sorry, but see above. And even when outnumbered and outgunned the military has prevailed. Historians and others suggest it was specifically because We the People really did not want to do a full reset, whereas the military "was just following orders", not making the policies it was sent to enforce.

Probably the last time We the People outnumbered and outgunned the government was the Battle of Athens (The McMinn County wars) - and then only because the governor did not call out the national guard.

Talk of revolution, except in the historical sense, is frowned on here at OCDO. See Rule #15:
WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It doesn't upset or anger me in the least. Nor do I have any issue with liberals actually attempting to DO harm (ACT vs. TALKING) to conservatives and/or gun-owners (except most gun owners are liberals, so they're only hurting each other -- which is FINE with me). At least liberals are being real in seeing violence as a viable (if not the only) solution.
I have a serious problem with people doing or advocating harm to others!

Such acts are illegal and subject the individual with major repercussions on OCDO (Rule violation) and from the LEA community. Except as a means of self-defense, we do not advocate, sponsor, or endorse doing injury to others or even threatening to do so ....period, the end.

Only? There is always the choice between logic and emotion. Logic deals with facts - something we hold in high regard here. Emotional responses are frequently severe over reaction - knee jerk if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.