• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Laws and Murder Rates

darrenlobo

Notice that the title isn't gun laws and gun death rates. Unlike the sleazy spinmeisters at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Campaign I'm not cherry picking data to make a false point. In their 2013 State Scorecard Why Gun Laws Matter they claim that gun control works because there is allegedly a 70% overlap of strict gun control and low gun death rates. Reality looks a little different.

http://www.theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/11/gun-laws-and-murder-rates_20.html

darrenlobo

What would it matter; gun rates of deaths v. lives saved? The RKBA is a right. I need no more statistical analysis.

Yes, you're right, of course. Right now the stats favor our cause. We have to be careful to make principled arguments too since the day may come when murder & crime rates start going up & guess what side the numbers will favor then.